It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roy Hallums, the U.S. contractor who was kidnapped in November, is rescued in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
CNN

"BREAKING: Roy Hallums, the U.S. contractor who was kidnapped in November, is rescued in Iraq, ex-wife says. Details soon."

Thats all they have so far, anybody reporting this?

YEEHAW!!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
More on this from CNN

Acting on a tip from a detainee, coalition forces rescued two hostages, including an American held hostage since November, the U.S. military said Wednesday.

Roy Hallums and an Iraqi man were freed "from captivity in an isolated farm house located 15 miles south of Baghdad," the military said.

The military said Hallums released this statement after his release: "I want to thank all of those who were involved in my rescue -- to those who continuously tracked my captors and location, and to those who physically brought me freedom today.

"To all of you, I will be forever grateful. Both of us are in good health and look forward to returning to our respective families. Thank you to all who kept me and my family in their thoughts and prayers."

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
"BREAKING: Roy Hallums, the U.S. contractor who was kidnapped in November, is rescued in Iraq, ex-wife says.

Thats really great. Every yahoo on teh planet has a book out, like the runaway bride. I can't wait for some of these guys to write their ordeals up in books tho, it'll be really interesting.

YEEHAW!!

Why am I not surprised that you'd say this?

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

YEEHAW!!

Why am I not surprised that you'd say this?

Um...This is good news, he is alive. Thats not worthy of a "yeehaw"? I find it odd that you would associate that with whatever your perception of me is on something that we should all be happy about.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think the big smiley face says he's just havin' some fun. He's probably as happy as you are.

Nobody else was there with him? Nobody guarding him? They should have left a couple big bruisers behind to wait for whomever would return..I'd like to see the final look on their face!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I am a "yeehaw" kind of guy, wierd as I am from the Boston area too...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Off topic, but Boston is my favourite American city. Had awesome times there, great people, incredible bars(or is that Baa's
). If I was ever to leave Toronto, or Ontario Boston is the place I would most feel at home in.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You must be shocked Passer, that they would allow a "neocon" like me in liberal Boston?

You guys would fall off your chairs if you knew how liberal I really was...

And it is "Baa's" for many people here, but thankfully my wife and I are not infected with that drawl. My mother on the other hand...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You must be shocked Passer, that they would allow a "neocon" like me in liberal Boston?

You guys would fall off your chairs if you knew how liberal I really was...

And it is "Baa's" for many people here, but thankfully my wife and I are not infected with that drawl. My mother on the other hand...

Not at all man, I always try to seperate the idea's we are discussing from the people. People are great and can be so much fun - once you get over their inherient wierdness.

I dated a girl who had family in RI, so we would see them quite a bit. Loved my time there. We used to go up to boston at least once a month(prior to 911, so a Canadian going across without a passport was easier) and the people were just great. I still can't pronounce the State of MS, my tounge gets all tied. Was a great gag for them down there... Hey guys get the Canadian to say Massatuchussessesss.... Bastards

Big Up's to Bostons' Homeboy.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Silly beantowners.

I see where your sympathies lie!

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thats great news, its nice to hear some positive storys come out of the middle east, I am also a contractor for the US so this really is close to my heart. His family must be overjoyed, it is not often that you get back from a hostage situation in Iraq nowadays. God bless him and his family, they now have a second chance, I hope they make the best of it.

new topics

top topics

join