It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Half of Canadians Want Oil Industry Nationalized

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well an oil based currency would ensure that the oil belonged to the nation issuing the currency.

The only problem I see is that oil is a consumable whereas gold is not, it's simply put into circulation. Many central banks still have large gold reserves as do private interests (think Rothschild).

In either case it would be better than the fiat money system we now have in place. Again, I think in the next few years the countries with oil will either be in the driver's seat and better protected financially or be the victim of "regime change".

I'm curious about the reaction of Americans if Canada went ahead and did this. Would we become a member of the "axis of evil" overnight?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Gools - have been thinkin' on this.

Maybe - this is NOT the time to pay premium prices on stocks to privatize oil. There is a movement afoot to re-write nuclear history, ie., saying deaths from Chernobyl were radically exaggerrated. Seems like the major investors are almost in position to replace oil - with nuclear power high on the list of alternatives - so the value of the stocks would fall dramatically, and likely quite quickly. ...Maybe the oil producers paid for that poll, wanting to sell out at a high profit before the shift is public, and the price falls - and they are jerking the market to push prices up.

...How's that for a conspiracy theory?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join