It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and their First-contact.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
There is so much to read, it's hard to keep up... Some people seem to know what they are talking about, others seem to miss out things they could've included..
Maybe I'm ignorant and I admit, I'm still trying to get hold of some KGB Files about what on earth was contained in the Tomb of Perneb... Apparently, some theories are that- Perneb was the visitor and maybe therefore the first visitors landed in Egypt...? My suspicions remain with Egypt as the first ET visit to earth, maybe even before that..?!

Does anyone else have any further idea's? Does anyone have information on the Mummy that was contained in the Tomb Of Perneb and what on earth was contained in ALL the crates the KGB took over from the Tomb?

Yours faithfully

Ged7

[edit on 14/9/2005 by Ged7]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
These people must be buddies of yours Earthsister?

ZOLTAN!!!!!!

Sincerly
/Cactus

[edit on 14-9-2005 by Cactus]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
dude thats mean >

they're MY slaves, not hers >:p

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Science does in fact support the idea that we should be, in theory at least, currently experiencing visitation from extraterrestrial intelligences.

I must admit, I am beginning to feel as if I'm getting hybrid-mileage out of the following reference:

Space.com: "ET Visitors: Scientists See High Likelihood"

This was published in the technical journal of the world's oldest scientifc organization dedicated to astronomical studies. The most current "best-estimates," when plugged into Drake's equation, yield a theoretical result of 10,000 civilizations in existence in the Milky Way galaxy alone. A simple search on the "COMETA Report," or other pre-existing available government references will in fact turn up a wealth of documentation to support this. And to boot, many easy-to-find references to these documents may be easily found here on ATS.

A quick glance through any valid subset of the 25,000+ reports available in NUFORC's web-hosted database will support the 30% historical unexplained rate. BTW, that would equate to at least 7,500 unexplained sightings. Now, if only one of these did in fact represent a valid sighting or contact with an extraterrestiral technology or intelligence, then yes, we are indeed currently experiencing extraterrestrial visitation.

There are approximately 6,000,000,000 people on earth. If one accepts the above assertion, then one accepts that existence of an event that had only a .004% (.00004) chance of occuring (if only one of the 25,000 reported sightings in NUFORC's databased represents a valid sighting).

It is worth noting that the accepted ratio of unreported sightings to reported sightings is 10:1. That would translate to (approx.) 250,000 sightings worldwide.

Now, the real question is, what probability can one assign to an individual undergoing and sustaining contact with advance extraterrestrial intelligences? In other words...

How many people are in contact with extraterrestrials?

At first, one may think it impossible to ever quanitfy such an answer. However, we can get at least some idea by quantifying the number of "best-case" abductions that have taken (and some would say still taking) place in the U.S.

Regardless of whether or not one agrees with the postulations put forth with regards to alien motives, IMHO the most objective and scientific approach to date of the abduction has been conducted by Dr. David M. Jacobs, PhD. I stringly reccomend his books on the subject to anyone interested in the subject -- skeptic or believer, who prides themselves on being an objective critical thinker.

Among the data presented in his work is the results from a Roper poll conducted in 1991. Roper polls sample a random sample population of the country large enough to constitute a statistically valid sampling. In this particular poll, 5,947 individuals were randomly polled across the country -- this yielded an arror range of only 1.4% Among the findings:

18% had awakened paralyzed with a strange figure in the room.
13% had experienced missing time.
8% had seen "unusual lights" in the room.
7% had seen a UFO.
1% said the word "trondant" held a special significance for them.

The last one is particularly interesting, as it was a "control" question intended to identify respondents who had a proclivity towards answering positively to answers. All respondents who asnwered "yes" to this question had their questionnaires eliminated from inclusion in the final results.

In short, analysis of the findings indicated that as many as two percent of Americans may be abductees -- that would be approx. 5,000,000 people. And as stated in Dr. Jacobs presentation of the study, even if this estimate was 75% higher than the actual rate of occurrence, we are still talking about over one million Americans alone who may be abductees.

Think about that... If we accept a rate of occurrence just 25% of what the actual data suggests, we're still talking about .5% of the population... Over 30,000,000 worldwide. This translates to a .005 probability (1-in-200) that any one person is expriencing ongoing contact with an extraterrestrial intelligence.

By comparison, the probability of getting struck by lightning in one's lifetime is .000012 (1-in-83,930). The probability (with one ticket) you will win the Mega Lottery is .0000000074. The odds of dying in a flood are 1-in-30,000 (.000033 probability), yet we have witnessed two tragedies in the last year that have taken the lives of many in this very tragic manner. (Source)

By comparison, the odds of experiencing ongoing alien contact -- only 1-in-200 -- seem almost probable.

We must learn to recognize what we do not know -- to "know what you don't know"

Lastly, I would like to briefly mention that as per quantum field theory, Superstring Theory postulates the existence of 11 dimensions. We only exist in 4-space (3-space + time). So what the hell is going on in the other seven dimensions around us?

Truth of the matter is that the sum total of what we know as a species pales in comparison to what we're yet to learn.

So... if we accept the theoretical possibilities as put forth by modern science :

1. There may be as many as 10,000 civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy alone

2. Mathematical models indicate is is "highly likely" we are currently experiencing visitation

3. It may be estimated that at least 30,000,000 indivudals across the world are experiencing ongoing alien contact

and

4. The sum total of knowledge we are yet to learn vastly outweighs that which we already know,

then isn't it theoretically possible that someone may be experiencing contact exactly as he or she states?

YES.

And anyone in possession of a critical thought process will instantly recognize the difference between belief and the acknowledgment of possibility.

It is a real shame to see some members of this board so casually dismiss the theretical possibilities (as represented by the claims of others) in favor of needless personal provocation (that does nothing to further the discussion), such as the provocation endured by ES. These are the same few who so easily try to convolute theroretical possibilities with belief.

I guess one's seniority does not necessarily equate to civiility.

And finally...

So You Want to Know the Truth?

Then search. Seek it yourself. Read everything you can on the subject. Learn to meditate, as this is the first step to connecting with unknown skills and possibilities. Read up on Scientific Remote Viewing. After all, the brain is the most powerful computer in the known universe. An article in the Jan. '05 issue of Scientific American discusses the computing power of the human brain. Did you know the computing power of a Sony PS2 is equal to that of a guppy? (Source; though you'll have to buy the back issue if you want to see the viewgraph)

It is estimated that by 2020, the processing power of the fastest personal computers will approach that of a cat brain.

Yes, the human mind is a pwoerful tool indeed, as learned by Dr. Bernie Siegel, MD, an oncologist at John Hopkins. That was another clue for the clueless, BTW.

So if you really want to know the truth, go seek it for yourself, for I believe it is out there to be found. And "there" is a big, big place, so there's no better time to begin than the present.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
" I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally."
/W. C. Fields

Yeah, poor hoaxers, what trouble must they not endure?

Sincerly
/Cactus

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Honestly you'd think that of the science. But these are coming from the Men and Women who claimed that we descended from Primates. Who, "Guesstimate" when it comes to Carbondating- As I've said, "Well apparently it is Sixty-four hundred years old!"

"...We can't have that, we can jack it up because we're scientists!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, we've been doing it forever anyway..."

"We have"

"Yes, now. As I was saying. With Scientific Equations we can easily raise the age to Sixty-Four million years at least."

"Sixty-four million?!"

"Yes! Besides, when they ask us how we came upon the information we'll say we Carbon-Dated it. When it turned out, with our proper equations and projections. With the Information gained from the Computer Data, it informed us that it was at least Sixty-Four million years old, and they'll drink it up. Remember, we don't do this for the fame or betterment of Mankind, those Scientists, "Disappeared" years ago. Now everybody just does it for the money."

"Oh..."

"What, what are you thinking?"

"Nothing, nothing. It just seems a little radical."

"Pff. We're scientists, we could spot Bull all day and people would still drink it up. Remember how Naive the media is?"

"Oh, alright."

"Good! Now, as I was saying..."

A little off the topic, but nevertheless correct.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeroQuake
Honestly you'd think that of the science. But these are coming from the Men and Women who claimed that we descended from Primates...

"Pff. We're scientists, we could spot Bull all day and people would still drink it up. Remember how Naive the media is?"

"Oh, alright."

"Good! Now, as I was saying..."

A little off the topic, but nevertheless correct.

Way to embrace ignorance.

Good thing you have your name & by-line in white, otherwise everyone would see it says, "Liberal Killer." "Oppression Repression?" How about "Oppression Obsession."

Now don't you have to go scurry along and gather up all the world's books so you can load them into your giant wheelbarrow of ignorance and dump them off the edge of the earth?

For people intersted in actual research relevant to the topic, please refer to my post above.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Logical Reasoning..... The "T" word!

RESEARCH!

STATISTICS!

This all just too much! Now I have to go lie down.

Lost_shaman you have voted sdrumrunner for the Way Above Top Secret Award.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Logical Reasoning..... The "T" word!

RESEARCH!

STATISTICS!

This all just too much! Now I have to go lie down.

Too dman funny... Muchas gracias lost_shaman for both the support and the props... Gracious compliments such as yours make enduring the occasional absence of reason that much more tolerable. Thx...

What would be even more gratifying would be to know that the above information results in even just one person opening up new doors of exploration for their own personal research.
This site has on more than one occasion provided me with leads that were soon thereafter followed by an order on Amazon. And as more and more people experience random events they are unable to explain away by conventional means, a select few are bound to find their way here, each contributing in some small way (like so many gold chips
) to our collective search for answers...

EDIT: to compensate for poor html management

[edit on 15-9-2005 by sdrumrunner]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join