It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Confesses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
RYAN, I am not sure about the relaiablity of the report I heard(It is here on ATS somewhere) that Saddam was being shown off to the media and there were more than a few people claiming it wasn't him. Including, if I am not mistaken, his wife.

So maybe your thoughts are not so far removed from the facts... But ofcourse that would mean the US government lies.. and they can't do that. Just ask any neocon....unless they aren't in power, in which case just ask any democrate... LOL!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well, I know that beard he had when they first "captured" him looked like a glued-on stage prop to me. As for the use of doubles, it's been more or less proven that were Oswald and McVeigh doubles, and it was certainly an established fact that Saddam had doubles before the invasion, it's only now that we never hear about them. Funny that his wife doesn't beleive it was him, since Lee Harvey Oswald's mother always swore it was a double of her son that Jack Ruby shot, and even claimed she heard from him once or twice in the intervening years. Also, Mohammed Atta's father claims that his son is still alive, and that they talk almost weekly.
Anyway, the point is, you don't need to actually capture the real Saddam---or the real anyone, for that matter---just say that you did, and the media will repeat the claim without question.
As for asking a neocon if the government lies---gee, not under our fearless and glorious leader,sh*t for brains Bush. Not to get toooo terribly off-topic, but how stupid are Bush and Rove and the neocons? They knew five days in advance that Hurrican Katrina was going to hit like a ton of bricks. Bush was already taking a bigger beating in the polls than even pretzels give him---and he can't manage to mobilize a response in time to appear heroic again as he did after 9/11? Maybe these guys just can't manage a catastophe they didn't plan in advance, no matter how much warning they have. They knew about Katrina for five days, they started plotting 9/11 way back in the late 90s at the Project For A New American Century. So that must be it---because even a somehwat competent repsonse---like leaving on vacation before the storm hit,s or the day it hits---and having at least some peparedness plan---that's all it would have taken for Bush to appear like a good guy again and climb back up in the polls. Now he's buried so far that even anotehr staged "terrorist" attack probably couldn't save his lying, responsibility-ducking, beyond incompetent a$$. But I'll quite my rant now, since it is getting a bit off-topic and homeland security are probably watching.
In any case, glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks this "captured Saddam" might not be the real McCoy. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
uhmm......I'm not into Law, but can you disclose information? they are spreading to the media??????

Plus don't feel it's the real Sadam (but thats' just me).

Just wondering that this info is realesed if it was a trial in the West...would they relaese this info...does it not effect the case ?

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanC
In any case, glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks this "captured Saddam" might not be the real McCoy. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

No, you're not the only one.

ATSNN: Pentagon Denies Saddam's Capture Staged

ATS: Saddam attacked in court, lawyers say

"It's like...looking in a mirror...only not."

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Saddam confessess..to what? acting as a client-state on behalf of the US?

As for the chemical-weapons issue..complete this tie-breaker, in two words or less..

"The huge stockpiles of VX held by saddam were sold to him by...."

Answers on a postcard please

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Let's see, which answer would you like? The more general answer "The US," or the more specific answer, "Donald Rumsfled" ? I have two postcards ready to go for whichever the proper answer might be. By the way, thanks to wecomeinpeace for the photo comparisons---only affirms my suspicions that yes, indeed it will be a double standing trial---unless, of course, his "confession" negates the need for a kangaroo court.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
From Reuters

Saddam Hussein's chief attorney denied on Thursday that the ousted president had confessed to ordering executions and waging a campaign against Kurds in which thousands of people are said to have been killed.

"There was no confession by the president and all the investigations in this case do not implicate him at all," Khalil Dulaimi said in a statement sent to Reuters.

So...did he confess? Or didn't he?

Is this simply more wishful thinking on the part of Talibani?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
He's confessed all, right - time to execute him behind closed doors before anybody mentions a fair trial with lawyers, juries and all that bother!

You know an interesting fact?
The UK was the first country to order the use of chemical weapons from the air against civilians.
The country? Iraq!

“I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes. The
moral effect should be so good that the loss of life should be reduced to a
minimum. It is not necessary to use only the most deadly gasses: gasses can
be used which cause great inconvenience and would spread a lively terror and
yet would leave no serious permanent effects on most of those affected.”

Winston Churchill

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes.
...gasses can be used which cause great inconvenience and would spread a lively terror...

"Uncivilized tribes"? "Terror"? According to modern definitions, Churchill was a racist, an extremist, and a terrorist.

[edit on 2005-9-8 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanti23
You know an interesting fact?
The UK was the first country to order the use of chemical weapons from the air against civilians.
The country? Iraq!

True..but being British we would have been terribly polite about it and asked them to queue first

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
According to modern definitions, Churchill was a racist, an extremist, and a terrorist.

Even worse...he was a Tory

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join