It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi President Calls for Execution of Saddam Hussien

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
In recent news it appears that the Iraqi President Jalal Talaban is calling for the execution of former leader Saddam Hussien. Citing the genocide against the Kurds in the 90's, Talaban stated that "Saddam Hussein is a war criminal and he deserves to be executed 20 times a day for his crimes against humanity,".

www.cnn.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Iraqi President Jalal Talabani has said ousted leader Saddam Hussein deserves to be executed "20 times a day" for his crimes against humanity.

In an interview with Iraq's state-funded broadcaster al-Iraqiya, Talabani said Saddam had confessed he gave orders to execute thousands of Kurds in the late 1980s.

Talabani said Tusday he had spoken to one of the Iraqi Special Tribunal judges involved in the investigation who said that "he was able to take important confessions from Saddam Hussein and he has signed these confessions and there is video and audio for these confessions."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In my opinion I think that it's a pretty fair statement. After his war crimes I feel Saddam Hussien will probably never get what he deserves. Sure death puts him away forever, but I think that death is the easy way out for tyranical murders like Hussien.

But at least things are looking bad for Hussien. Chances are that so long as this doesn't end up like many US trials with lot's of appeals, Saddam will probably be executed within a fair amount of time. It'll be nice knowing that theres one less mass murderer out there. Now if only we could find something that truely punishes Saddam for his crimes against humanity.

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
WAR: Saddam Hussein Confesses to Crimes

[edit on 9/7/2005 by cyberdude78]

[edit on 10-9-2005 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There is a difference between saying that Hussain deserves to die 20 times a day to call for Sadaam's execution.
Talabani, is expressing his opinion for Saddam's crimes especially since it seems that Sadaam has confessed to the deaths of the Kurds but it is worthy to note that Sadaam is claiming that such was justified under the laws that were in place at the time.
As Talabani has stated in the past, executions are not allowable under the new Iraq goverment's laws.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

As Talabani has stated in the past, executions are not allowable under the new Iraq goverment's laws.

Really? Are you saying that there is no capital punishment in Iraq now? I know that it was permitted under Saddam's rule, then outlawed when Iraq was under the interim coalition rule, but I thought it was re-instated when the Iraqi's took back control.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Why feed him for the rest of his natual days. He did so many things against his own people. I watched on television as they showed video's of men with their arms tied behind their back then thrown off third story buildings. Just the way they hit the ground was something one really does not need to hear when the bones are fracturing.

And when they group two or more together for a head chopping in public on a public roadway or street. It's kind of bizarre the victims just seem to resign themselves to death and just lean their heads over before the chop.

All very strange compared to western beliefs.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Kenshiro you are wrong they reinstated the death penalty and they do allow the death penalty in fact they had one recently.

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraq hanged three convicted murderers Thursday, the first executions since the 2003 ouster of Saddam Hussein, the government said.

Iraqi authorities reinstated the death penalty after the end of the U.S.-led occupation in June 2004 so they would have the option of executing Saddam Hussein if he is convicted of crimes committed by his regime. Saddam is expected to stand trial soon after the Oct. 15 constitutional referendum, an official said Thursday.

“At 10 a.m. in Baghdad, the first executions were carried out since the fall of the regime, against three criminals,” spokesman Laith Kubba said.

Iraq holds first executions since Saddam's fall

[edit on 9/7/2005 by shots]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sorry,
Missed the reinstatement of the death penalty in Iraq.

Sadaam does deserve it if anyone does but I am afraid that he may become a matyr symbol though.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
No I do not think so in this case since many citizens of Iraq hated his guts.

I am sure some fanatics will try to make him into one, but I doubt the majority will agree.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Very true, Most do hate his guts.
That though does not detract Sadaam becoming a symbol to the fanatics out there who would use him to banner thier "cause/ (read hatred / predjudism).

The majority of Muslims condemn the extremists and their tactics but that has not stopped the extremeists in their campaign of terror.
It is my belief that if Sadaam or Osama Bin Laden were to be executed, their deaths will do more to strengthen the belief of the extremeists and will cause an increase on thier numbers.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
When they capture/reveal the real Saddam, they probably should consider the death penalty.
I wonder if Inflato-Hussein knows that there's no guarantee the CIA will hold up their end of whatever bargain they promised him for his far-from-Oscar-winning performance.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Death sentences must be approved by the three-member presidential council headed by President Jalal Talabani, who opposes capital punishment. Talabani refused to sign the authorization himself but his office said he had authorized one of his vice presidents, Adil Abdul-Mahdi, to do so for him.

Hahahha! He can't even sign it himself.. so telling someone below him to sign it for him helps him sleep at night?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Really the only justice that can be done here is to turn Sadam over to the people of Iraq.

What THEY do with him is THEIR business.
Kill him, re-empower him, or hang him on the wall... his crimes are against them and it should be their justice he faces.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Very true, Most do hate his guts.
That though does not detract Sadaam becoming a symbol to the fanatics out there who would use him to banner thier "cause/ (read hatred / predjudism).

The majority of Muslims condemn the extremists and their tactics but that has not stopped the extremeists in their campaign of terror.
It is my belief that if Sadaam or Osama Bin Laden were to be executed, their deaths will do more to strengthen the belief of the extremeists and will cause an increase on thier numbers.

Just my 2 cents

This saddam "falls into osama's category stuff" has gone on long enough..
its like the american propaganda for going into Iraq..
Saddam=dictator (committed atrocities on people who contested his rule)
osama=evreyone knows what he is..
If you want to execute saddam, then with the same logic you need to kill musharraf,castro,milosevic, and countless others who the US have supported till date..

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
When they capture/reveal the real Saddam, they probably should consider the death penalty.
I wonder if Inflato-Hussein knows that there's no guarantee the CIA will hold up their end of whatever bargain they promised him for his far-from-Oscar-winning performance.

So my fellow ATS'er..what color ARE the skys in your world anyway? Please don't try to make a conspiracy out of EVERY thing in the world. Saddam has been captured and we have seen it, we did walk on the moon, Elvis really is dead, The Dead Kennedys had nothing to do with the ACTUAL death of Kennedy.

And by the way, as to make a point to the original thread...yes I do think Saddam needs to die.

new topics

top topics

join