It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
With a high probability of life on europa(considering it's all water) i wondered why is there so much interest on outer planets when there is a high likely hood of finding something earth shattering by sending unerwater probes to europa.Whilst i believe there are missions in development,what could be possibly holding nasa back.

1)cost?
2)propulsion system

That's the only 2 i can think of.Can anyone enlighten me.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Im not sure that there being held back ,NASA has the Jupiter icy moon's orbiter(JIMO) on track for launch around 2011 ,the probe will be showcasing new fission base systems and other new data gathering instruments.

Although we are a long way off from landing probes on the surface of Europa capable of melting through the ice crust to the oceans beneath ,alot will be learned from JIMO's mission, mabye even some clues pointing to life, we know other moons around Jupiter have active tectonics/volcanisim so we can assume to a certain extent that europa is the same,
Deep sea vents? Quite possible I think.Personally I think Europa is a better candidate than Mars for life in our solar system and I am very excited about JIMO.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Check this out.....

We Need A Rover On Europa!!!!!

Mic

new topics

join