Doonesbury censored for using M-word

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
KANSAS CITY, Missouri (AP) -- It's OK to portray the president as a wimp, a waffle or a reckless Roman emperor.

But if you're "Doonesbury" creator Garry Trudeau and you mention the "M" word -- as in masturbation -- editors will pull your strip.

Characters in Sunday's strip discuss a recent study by Australian scientists who found that men who masturbate often in their 20s are 30 percent less likely to get prostate cancer later.

www.cnn.com...

Is that still true if you use other methods to blow the pipes?

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
i love readin doonesbury i tape the good ones to my locker door at school

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well, I can see that it may be a little inappropriate, given the fact that comics are also targetted for kids...and are typically placed with kid-related articles....

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well, I can see that it may be a little inappropriate, given the fact that comics are also targetted for kids...and are typically placed with kid-related articles....

Doonesbury is a political cartoon, aimed at us, not kids. In my paper and in most others I have seen it is usually run in the editorial or political section of the paper. Not many little kids reading about politics.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In both my local papers, it is with the other comics on the comics page...right next to little kid puzzles, and movie reviews for kids, by kids....
I suspect it's similar to other papers across the nation... I am actually a big fan of Doonesbury.....

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I guess it just matters where you live, and the conservativeness of the newspaper.

new topics
top topics

join