It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hugs & Kisses For Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Did you see the shot on tv of Bush hugging/holding a black child? Talk about a photo-op.

I'd have more respect for Bush if he would stroll through the waist infested waters in New Orleans, than showing how caring he is while holding a black child.

Bush ruined America in the eyes of those around the world by invading Afghanistan and Iraq, now he has "invaded" a domestic city (New Orleans).

Bush needs to take a good long hard look into the mirror rather than the eye of a camera.

The only kiss I have for Bush is a kick in the rear, and if I could hug him I'd squeeze him to death (literally).

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
39 drops,

Is this a reference to Senator Mary Landrieu's threat to punch Bush (literally)? I think she beat you to it. I would wager that before all this is over there will be more people standing in line, little old ladies, nuns and right wingers armed with wrenches, baseball bats and tea kettles just like that scene in Airplane!

My mom - who btw - voted for Bush twice (I know, I know) called me last night and well I can't repeat what she said as I would be kicked off ATS, but normally she is as polite and lovely as can be. Let me tell you, she would be one of the first to get in that Bush wacking line.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Ohhh you are sooooo right it's all Bush's fault that this has happened. Get a rope!

That dirty rat knew all along that a huricane was going to hit NO with all that fangled hi tech computer equipment that the Gov has stashed away under that big mountain somewhere.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think it is time to Tune in, Turn on and Drop out.

Tune in to the information around you. Learn everything you can on how to survive.

Turn on your families and friends and help them prepare.

Drop out of the loop that depends on the government to help and protect you.

If I've learned anything this week, it's this. We are on our own. We can't depend on "them." We have to learn to depend on "us." Those who are not prepared to survive usually don't.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
rancid ....

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

Announcer: The relief operation is the largest ever conducted in America. It's being coordinated by the US Northern Command in Colorado. Leftenant Commander Sean Kelly explains how the relief effort is being organized.

Kelly: NorthCom started planning before the storm even hit. We were ready for the storm when it hit Florida because, as you remember, it crossed the bottom part of Florida, and then we were plaining, you know, once it was pointed towards the Gulf Coast.

So what we did was we activated what we call defense coordinating officers to work with the state to say okay, what do you think you'll need, and we set up staging bases that could be started. We had the USS Baton sailing almost behind the hurricane so that after the hurricane made landfall it's search and rescue helicopters would be available almost immediately.

So we had things ready. The only caveat is, we have to wait until the President authorizes us to do so. The laws of the United States say that the military can't just act in this fashion, we have to wait for the President to give us permission.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It is very hard to stay apolitical. Even though I have to say that blaming someone or being angry at them is not so much a political and well thought out reaction but a gut feeling of anger, frustration, sadness and fear for the future.

Blaming Bush is easy - he runs the country after all and if the country suffers we lash out at him.

I won't go into the political ramificiations of why I think IT IS his fault, but I think what is more worrying than anything is the way people are reacting to the situation. From rappers to politicians to mothers of politicians - NO one is calm and rational.

The responses on ATS (which is after all a microcosm of the 'real' world) fluctuate from the highly absurd to the extremely ridiculous and what we are all really saying is we don't know what else to say. Words are useless. As thoughtful and intelligent as most of the people here can be, no one is accurately expressing their emotions because there are really no words to describe what is happening/has happened.

That is why they've hired writers btw - anyone read the Richard Ford article?

new topics

top topics

join