It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was This The Most Blatent Lie Mr Brown ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
As Katrina was about to hit the Gulf Coast just as the storm surge hit the coast, Michael Brown, head of FEMA, was on the telephone. He was calling the Associated Press with reassuring words but those words have, in the light of the events that followed, proven to be so unbelievable that I think it's reasonable to ask the question, was the most obvious and blatent lie of this entire unhappy episode ?

How can FEMA have been "poised in a semicircle around the city"?

As the Category 4 the storm surged ashore just east of New Orleans on Monday, FEMA had medical teams, rescue squads and groups prepared to supply food and water poised in a semicircle around the city, said agency Director Michael Brown.

Brown, in a telephone interview with The Associated Press, said the evacuation of the city and the general emergency response were working as planned in an exercise a year ago. "I was impressed with the evacuation, once it was ordered it was very smooth," he said

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

wjz.com...

Before Hurricane Katrina struck, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (Fema) was confident that it was ready. Its director, Michael Brown, said: "Fema has pre-positioned many assets including ice, water, food and rescue teams to move into the stricken areas as soon as it is safe to do so."

Mr Brown even told the Associated Press news agency that the evacuation had gone well. "I was impressed with the evacuation, once it was ordered it was very smooth," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 7-9-2005 by John bull 1]

join