It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuel Prices

page: 1

join
share:
la2

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
BBC news reporters have found Petrol at 99.9p a litre, thats just under £5.00 a gallon, its shot up by 19.9p in 2 weeks!!! Companies r now having to update pumps to register over £1.00 per litre.

Is it the price that should drop or should we find ways of lessening the demand?

[edit on 7-9-2005 by la2]

[edit on 7-9-2005 by la2]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
They suck, enjoy your long stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
the government have been looking for an excuse to gouge the gas prices up dramatically for a long time. how else would the get money to support all the secret projects and aircraft were not supposed to know about.

la2

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
i know that a huge percentage of our fuel price is tax, its rediculous. all our fuel comes from overseas, our oil is only good for plastics.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by f23ghost
the government have been looking for an excuse to gouge the gas prices up dramatically for a long time. how else would the get money to support all the secret projects and aircraft were not supposed to know about.

And they probably pad expenses too. Like that one Jewish guy in "Independence Day" said, "You don't think they'd spend $20,000 on a hammer, $40,000 on a toilet seat, do you?"

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It works like this:

They raise the price to outrageous levels quickly. We are so outraged over the massive price hike we are content when they only come down a little.

For example:

Lets say last year gas was about $2.10 ish per gallon. Back then we would have rioted in the streets if it went up to nearly $3 over night, but the government does just that and blames it on a bunch of stuff to keep us content. But when they finally bring it back down, they dont bring it down to $2.10 where we started, the only bring it down to say $2.50 or so. And we are thankfull for it!! But the net effect was a $.40 price hike.

Im going to make a prediction:

If gas hits $4.00 a gallon and stayes there for more than 3 months, it will never drop back below $3.00 again. Ever. And you know what? Most of use will just accept it. Even though gas was just over $2 when all this started.

And this is why I think hybrids are moot finacially, but thats another thread

[edit on 7-9-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
All of us here in the states are complaining about $3-$4 a gallon, when I guess alot of other countrys have been in the $5-6 dollar range for years.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Gas in my area was up to $3.09. Good thing I'd already filled up when it was cheaper and gone basically nowhere! Less than 90 miles in 3 weeks.

It went as low as $2.97, and just today down to $2.87, which is what I paid today. My husband and I agree that I should be able to get by on no more than $30 a week on gas, and I paid just under $20. Within budget.

Here in Ohio, you steal gas, you lose your license.

new topics

top topics

join