It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

moussa arafat is dead

page: 1

join
share:
la2

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
the cousin of yassar arafat has been shot dead in Gaza, it seems the Israeli pull out has not really solved much, it worries me.

BBC News have had reports that the gun fight lasted an hour, after his compound was invaded by masked gunmen.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by la2]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Looks like internal warfare between Arafats PA and Hamas. The article said that Gaza will be reduced to waring groups like Beruit. Such a typical situation for the arab people, fight each other for dubious honor and power and leave their common "enemy" alone in peace.

www.debka.com...
Moussa Arafat murdered by dozens of armed Palestinians in his home in Gaza City. Abu Mazen calls his government into emergency session

Before dawn, Wednesday, Sept 7, dozens of armed Palestinians burst into the home of the former chief of Palestinian military intelligence, nephew of the late Yasser Arafat and one of Abu Mazen’s main opponents. They killed him after a gun battle with his bodyguards. According to some reports the gang abducted his son.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by Netchicken]

la2

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
its just gona make an already volotile area even worse, it can only end in tears i fear.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Chirist, I am agreeing with NetChicken 2 times in two days *runs outside to see if the moon is full*

I doubt this is a Mossad op but rather an internal power struggle. If Hamas gains the upperhand in the area it could be really bad IMHO.

la2

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
it could be, but hammas were hell bent on gaining legitemate power in gaza when they anounced last month they would stand for election, it makes no sense for them to do it.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This guy has been in bad positions before.

Amazingly everyone forget that Arafat appointed his dear cousin to be head of security when there were corruption allegations floating around, and the Palestinian people went ballistic.

Come on now, this wasn't that long ago.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Djarums]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2
it could be, but hammas were hell bent on gaining legitemate power in gaza when they anounced last month they would stand for election, it makes no sense for them to do it.

Legit? Yes I have no doubt that they could win an election with ease and do so in a legit manner. They are popular and have done teh Ira thing with a militant / political wings of thoer organization. But the militant side of either group would not hesatate to take a few people down either.

la2

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This seems too much like hammas to actually be hammas, if u follow me. They have no gain in this killing but to show Sharons doubters that a pull out was a waste of time.

I'm still looking into it, but to me this killing stinks like a set up to enrage the palastinians into making a risky move. will keep digging and update as i find evidence, its what i'm good at.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Actually, the PA is at a very important point right now, with their overall influence expanding quite a bit.

They have a lot of internal squabbling (as does any group) and there are those who have A LOT to gain by removing a relative of their late leader from the equation.

Keep in mind some people would follow the lead of a person simply because of his lineage. We have encountered that in the US as well.

Taking him out removes a potential threat to someone else's power quest.

You should read a little bit about his background here: en.wikipedia.org...

He himself said on prior occasions that Palestinian political opponents were trying to kill him.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Djarums]

la2

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
that is a good point.

i'm still thinking a return to violence by the palastinians is what this hoped to achieve, more will emerge through the day, its almost 7am here, so i'll keep updated via news networking today.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think just about everyone in the Palestinian territories is a suspect. This man was hated by many, especially those in the government and military/security services. While I wouldn't rule out the Mossad, I find it very unlikely. Plus, 12 masked gunmen bursting into a home and having a shootout certainly isn't their style. They couldn't afford to lose a single man and have him unmasked and paraded through the streets of Gaza. That would be a gigantic propaganda victory for the Palestinians.

This was almost certainly a Palestinian job. Whether it was Hammas, another terror group, or Abbas' chronies remains to be seen.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
We should also remember the previous PM Ahmed Qo'rei resigned over Moussa Arafat's appointment. He was publicly against him taking any position in the PA.

top topics

join