It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weeping Jesus Statue Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Last week there was a documentaire called Signs of God with a stigmata in front of a camera, and strange things happening. A Painting that cried, a floor in a womens house were Jesus' head appeared in water when she mobbed the floor, when you put a leaf of a rose between a bible and you pray the rosething (chain with a lot of balls, each representing a prayer..) then when you take the leaf out of the bible, you see an image of maria on it.... it's all been examined and proved true...?

didn't see it myself unfortunatly, heard it from a friend..

..abyway, I found a short video about statues of Jesus crying blood

www.pdtsigns.com...

Realevilplayer needed to watch

not a pretty sight...
If true, there have to be some bad times coming..

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
theres also a monestary in itali where the main pillar cries and bleeds and it's highly haunted cuz the monks went nuts n started killing ppl that wer in the village below, luchidio i think it's called and i know that it's spelled wrong lol, just syaing that to state that wierd stuff like taht doesn't just happen to christian things, i think it's more of spiritual manifestation than jesus crying cuz the world's gone #ty, lol he would'a done that quite some time ago i'm sure

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have a gut feeling that says the video is real, and my gut has never lied to me.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
theres also a monestary in itali where the main pillar cries and bleeds and it's highly haunted cuz the monks went nuts n started killing ppl that wer in the village below, luchidio i think it's called and i know that it's spelled wrong lol, just syaing that to state that wierd stuff like taht doesn't just happen to christian things, i think it's more of spiritual manifestation than jesus crying cuz the world's gone #ty, lol he would'a done that quite some time ago i'm sure

Here's another page on crying statues: www.mcn.org...

don't know if it's fake or not....the oldest one recorded was in 1987, offcourse it could have happened earlier, I don't know.

Still I think it isn't a good sign...

This site has some other weird stories, like a Lebanese girl crying crystal tears...

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Man that must hurt....

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Wow, Thats really wierd my grandmother a strict Catholic is always talking about stuff like that.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I'll bet the same thing has happened to nonreligious statues too, if it's not just a hoax.

Here's a nice review of the Fox production. It sounds more like a circus freak show, to me.

Unsuspecting viewers were treated to a litany of provocative claims-bleeding statues, messages from Jesus, stigmata-that were "investigated" by Australian journalist Michael Willesee. Actually, although representing himself as a skeptic, Willesee betrayed an agenda to promote such alleged phenomena as authentic. Going beyond mere mystery mongering, he employed science in only a very limited way, repeatedly avoiding skeptical experts in the specific fields (e.g. people knowledgeable of "weeping" statues) and often bypassing the essential tests necessary to detect fraud. For instance, no doctor examined a stigmatist's wounds and no attempt was made to keep her from inflicting them surreptitiously, but the blood was afterward tested and proved to be her blood - as expected.

Similarly, no scientific protocol was followed in ruling out trickery with a "weeping" and "bleeding" bust of Jesus; however, a dubious CAT scan was afterward employed "to test for the possibility of trickery or fraud," and the blood was forensically examined. When it was found to be female blood, Willesee suggested that that might be due to Jesus' having had only a mother and "no father."

Such stubborness, or perhaps sheer ineptitude - or worse - kept the program from presenting evidence that was contrary to the claims being made. For example, the stigmatist, Katya Rivas from Bolivia, was never shown actually producing a wound, but rather was presented in incremental shots after each appeared: first the supposed crown-of-thorn marks on the forehead, then those of the hands and feet. Her bed covers provided ample opportunity for concealment. Moreover, the wounds on her hands and feet were comprised of multiple slash marks, not single punctures, while the location of the wound on the top of her left foot was far from that on the bottom, suggesting they were indeed made separately.

Many phenomena went totally unexamined, or the examination was not reported, including the appearance of an image of the Virgin on a concrete floor (looking like the work of an unskilled artist) and the multicolored "glitter" that manifested itself on a print of the Image of Guadalupe (a bogus but widely revered "miracle" picture).

www.csicop.org...

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's hard to argue about when you've never seen one....

but I'll probably get to see the documentaire I was talking about in my first post, Signs of God, a friend thinks he has a friend who taped it.
I think it's a different one the article is describing, Satyr? ..don't know..I'll tell you what it was like...

Anybody who has seen a statue crying Live in action??

here some other articles on crying statues:

Thousands of believers have flocked to the Sicilian city of Messina after a statue of the revered Padre Pio began shedding tears some think are blood.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Tests on crying Madonna fail to show hoax?

www.cathnews.com...

Doug Clark, researcher in the chemistry department at Murdoch University, tested the statue�s tears.
He found that they were olive oil with an added fragrant oil (most likely rose).
He could not determine the exact age, but the oil appeared fresh, he said. Dr Rob Hart, of the department of medical imaging at Curtin University, took x-rays of the statue.
He found no cavity or reservoir and no obvious sign of fluid.

www.catholicweekly.com.au...

mysteries...

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The statue cries because people masturbate.
Stop making jesus weep.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
YOU CAN GET BLOOD FROM A STONE
www.luigigarlaschelli.it...

Why all the secrecy in investigations, then? Why don't these churches release the results to the public? Why don't they let skeptics investigate?

Statue probe under attack
www.multiline.com.au...

Why are most of these statues glazed? Could it be because they're the easiest to hoax?

The entire statue is then soaked in a thin oil of some sort. Vegetable oil works well: water would evaporate, while a thick oil would not penetrate through the small holes and be absorbed by the plaster beneath. It helps to heat the oil slightly to thin it a little during the soaking stage. This phase of the operation might take days or even weeks but the effect is worth the effort.

The statue is then removed from the bath and wiped clean before being placed in its position for display. In the next little while, usually a matter of a couple of days, a tear of oil will appear under the eye of the statue and the miracle is complete, or almost.

control.com.au...

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Anyone got the file for Windows Media Player or DivX? Cause I don't want to install Real Player on my comp.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
It's really bad quality anyway. If I didn't have RealOne on this PC already, I wouldn't waste my time. I too hate RealPlayer. It took me awhile to figure out how to keep it from loading it's BS whenever it felt like it. I had to delete it's POS update exe.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
yeah, forgot to say, bad quality..

Do good quality ram-files even exist???

I don't know what to think about it anymore, maybe it's just a big catholic setup... like lots of things we'll never know untill we've seen it with our own eyes.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Do good quality ram-files even exist???

No! They don't! I hate that evil bloatware/spyware POS! Why do so many people distribute important media in that POS format?

top topics

join