It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Provides Contraception and Abortion to Evacuees!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Planned Parenthood isn’t sending food or clothing to the victims of Hurricane Katrina, but the organization is helping evacuees get the number one necessity on its list - contraceptives, and, of course, access to abortion.

"As organizations like Catholic Charities and Red Cross solicit donations in order to provide basic necessities for Hurricane Katrina evacuees, Planning Parenthood is asking for money in order to hand out contraceptives and morning after pills to victims of the storm making their way to the Houston area,” reports the Culture of Life Foundation.

Newsmax

Well this does not surprise me, can anyone else SEE the racism here? I can, we don't want them to reproduce so lets just give them free abortions!

Sickening.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well this does not surprise me, can anyone else SEE the racism here?

No.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Actually is not racism in here and taking in consideration that most of the evacuees are in open areas and in cots, I guess they most have to find places to enjoy each other. Right Ed?

So occurs they need "Protection" if they are going to be in the open they better show that at least they "believe in safe sex"

What a joke

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is hilarious, is this what really be going on in PTS? Have I been segregated to BTS for so long that I have been missing out on bait threads. I hardly find them on ATS and BTS, nevah.

Racism? lol seriously how'd you even get to that conclusion? I mean from that I could conclude that you think NO is full of nothing but blacks.

My Stereotype is panasonic, but I'm thinking about getting a sony.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Most of the refugees are of a minority.....

The founder of Planned Parethood was Margeret Sanger - A racist - read here book.

I do not believe in abortion period, be they black pink or whatever, but PP sure doesnt want to miss a beat now do they?

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I don't believe this to be a racist issue at the moment, but I do find it a damnable shame that while babies people wanted or have already had were lost in this disastor, there is an offer like this to prevent life. or worse take further lives.

It's just so tasteless I could puke!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
I don't believe this to be a racist issue at the moment, but I do find it a damnable shame that while babies people wanted or have already had were lost in this disastor, there is an offer like this to prevent life. or worse take further lives.

It's just so tasteless I could puke!

That's not really what it is.

It's simply trying to provide a service to people who can no longer access the service they might have previously used.

That's all.

Just a replacement of a service that was already available - but now, for obvious reasons, needs to be replaced.

Why is it racist?

Because the majority of residents are black?!

Er...I hate to point out the obvious, but Ed...you are the one actually pointing out the race of the subjects here...it seems most other posters are seeing folk as being people, not as being black...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
That's all.

Just a replacement of a service that was already available - but now, for obvious reasons, needs to be replaced.

I still think they have more pressing needs and this is tasteless.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I still think they have more pressing needs and this is tasteless.

Like finding a home, a job, food, a future... and the tasteful thing to do is force childbirth on women that either had an abortion planned anyway or suddenly realized there's no way in hell they're ready to start a family after just losing everything.

That makes me puke.

Like it or not, it's just a medical procedure. A legal one. An important one. And a right of choice. It's not tasteless anywhere but your head. This isn't breast augmentation in a time of crisis. It's a valid choice that may make more sense that ever to someone already devasted.

Suck it up. This is what freedom looks like.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Suck it up. This is what freedom looks like.

No Rant sweetie - Freedom is that I don't have to
(suck it up)

You can puke for your cause, and I can puke for mine.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't think that anybody is forcing abortion to any of the female refugees at all.

But its nice to know that if one of them feel burdened with an imminent pregnancy at least they have the choice to do what its best for them in this time of need.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Please - they have that choice anyway, disastor or not.

PPFA is using this as much as anyone, an opportunity for themselves and their agenda, I find it tasteless and I stand by that statement.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Please - they have that choice anyway, disastor or not.

That's perhaps the point...

That choice has suddenly been swept away in a several million tonnes of hurricane debris.

That is precisely why it's needed... exactly how else would this service be accessed, when the city is unable to take care of the dead and dying, let alone those in need of "non essential" care?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Can we be clear on the fact that they aren't just saying here it is. They are soliciting hurricane relief contributions for this.

Like I said earlier, I think there are more pressing needs, and I just can't see with the more pressing needs, sending hurricane donations to PPFA for their services. But isn't it nice for America that those who feel otherwise can put their money where their mouth is if they chose.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
How is this even an issue?
Edsinger are you against the use of contraceptives?
Do you expect people to give up a aspect of there lives just to suit people like you?
Only a women can decide if she wants an abortion, no one is forcing you to give money to these people.

Ed you post that many anti gay and anti abortion threads I am starting to think that you are in denial about certain personal issues.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Can we be clear on the fact that they aren't just saying here it is. They are soliciting hurricane relief contributions for this.

Like I said earlier, I think there are more pressing needs, and I just can't see with the more pressing needs, sending hurricane donations to PPFA for their services. But isn't it nice for America that those who feel otherwise can put their money where their mouth is if they chose.

I do see your point

I just can't help but feel that contraceptive aid is a priority, and yes, even the morning after pill; not least in a population which has nothing in the way of permanent shelter, food and basic human needs....the last thing these folk need is an unplanned pregnancy 9 months down the line.

(And please, please everyone - don't tell me that they shouldn't be having sex. If you were in even half the crisis these people are facing, you'd be damn sure you'd take whatever comfort you could too, when you could take it)

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Newsmax

Well this does not surprise me, can anyone else SEE the racism here? I can, we don't want them to reproduce so lets just give them free abortions!

Sickening.

I submit to you that is one perspective alright, how about another?

Perhaps too, that organization wasn't being racist but perhaps helpful?

Helpful meaning, when you have absolutely nothing but your significant other there are only a few things to do, you don't have food for 5 days, no water, can barely sleep, your probably stressed out, so why not have alittle sex and make love?

If you were stranded on an island would how long could you go without having sex?

Also another perspective could be that perhaps planned parenthood just wanted free press, they are an organization alright, the more advertising the better right?

It could be racist, it could be all business, it could be about help..
I don't want to rule out all the possibilities.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
No where in the bible does it say a fetus is human, in fact it says the exact opposite. The bible says it isn't human until it breaths on it's own outside of the mother. Or in todays terms it isn't human until it is in the phone book.

Anyways, they have lost everything, do we need to burden them with a kid they can't take care of? Maybe before they could, but now they have NOTHING! Of course just wait, 2-3 days from now there will be a topic from the same people going on about how "They want the government to pay for diapers and baby clothes, why should we pay for the babies they had if they were irresponsible?" Right?

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
No where in the bible does it say a fetus is human, in fact it says the exact opposite. The bible says it isn't human until it breaths on it's own outside of the mother.

Okay, I'll bite. Where does it say that in the bible? Not that I want to encourage a whole bible side to this conversation, but you have peaked my curiousity beyond my ability to hold my tongue.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
No where in the bible does it say a fetus is human, in fact it says the exact opposite. The bible says it isn't human until it breaths on it's own outside of the mother.

Okay, I'll bite. Where does it say that in the bible? Not that I want to encourage a whole bible side to this conversation, but you have peaked my curiousity beyond my ability to hold my tongue.

It's a combination of what it says and DOESN'T say which is namely "life begins at conception" or Jesus wants you to be "Conceived Again."

There's many resources on this and for the most part it's all common knowledge and a old and frequently argued position in philosophy and theology excercises, but I just grabbed the first link that popped up.

Bible & Abortion

The Bible doesn't explicitly mention abortion; so we have to be indirect, and see what it says about some of the arguments used in the dispute. Opponents of abortion say that:

(a) Human life, for moral purposes, begins at conception. (Biological or legal definitions are not relevant here.)

(b) Human life is sacred.

The idea that human life begins at conception just isn't supported in the Bible, and sacredness of human life is contradicted all over. So people who consider abortion to be murder might be shocked to learn that they are thereby in disagreement with the Bible!

In several places the Bible defines life as breathing, and I found no place where it defines life otherwise. For example, Genesis 2:7, which also defines the entrance of the soul: “and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul”. Other references are Ezekiel 37:10, I Kings 17:17-21, and James 2:26. Since a fetus doesn't breathe, it isn't life and doesn't have a soul, according to biblical definition.

Additional evidence that a fetus is considered to be less than a human life is that the biblical penalty for causing a miscarriage is only a fine to be paid to the woman's husband (I don't know what is to be done if she doesn't have a husband!), while for an injury to a born person, it is life for life, eye for eye, etc. (Exodus 21:22-25, Leviticus 24:17-21). Even an infant under the age of one month is considered to be worth a lot less than an adult (Leviticus 27:1-8, Numbers 3:15,28,34,39,40,43). Also, the god once punished David by killing his newborn son (II Samuel 12:14-19); so apparently the right-to-life of the infant was not important.

The sanctity of life, born or “unborn”, is denied in many places. Two examples: “Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling....” (I Samuel 15:3), “they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.” (Hosea 13:16)

A lot of the discussion on abortion has to do with “illegitimate” pregnancies. An adulterous woman is to be killed (Lev.20:10); with no mention of an exception if she is pregnant. And “A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even unto the tenth generation..” (Deut. 23:2). So according to the Bible neither the fetus nor the born child is worthy of much consideration.

Note also that Jesus talked of being born again. He didn't say conceived again.
Some quotes that anti-abortion people use out of context: “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee..” (Jeremiah 1:5) This is claimed to show that the “soul” starts at conception. But reading the entire chapter, including the remainder of the sentence quoted, it's clear that the god is talking specifically to Jeremiah, not to the entire human race, as he is telling him that he was born to be a prophet.

“...he hath blessed thy children within thee.” (Psalms 147:13). Again, this is supposed to mean that human life begins before birth; i.e. that a fetus is the same as a child. But read the rest of the psalm, and see that thee refers to the city of Jerusalem, not pregnant women!

I'm interested in (if anyone with knowledge of Catholicsm is willing to share) when all this conception revisionism started anyway? I'm sure there's official RCC dogma on it someone can point to, but it's simply not the true foundational or cultural beliefs of seemingly anyone pre-modern times and certainly not US protestants until they started going all smoke and voodoo for political purposes in the past 40 years.

[edit on 17-9-2005 by RANT]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join