It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A short story by me(The Announcement)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The Announcement

By Josh Chasse
Chapter One: Beginning

"We inerrupt this program for a cbs special report" When I heard this for the first time I thought...#! I dont care about the war in Iraq! All I care about is here and now But I should of, cause' this report will change my life forever. When it was announced, Me and my wife were watching my kid play a game called burnout or something like that. ,My wife 31 with her beautiful blonde hair, dark blue eyes, and stunning face watching him hoping he wont drive like how he does in the game, and my son, 13 years old, jet balck hair, and like me, brown eyes, but besides the eyes he looks just like his mother. Also last but not least me, 32, blonde hair enjoying life. The way we heard the announcement was because our other t.v was on(thank god it was). When we heard the anounce ment time seem to have froze, what seemed like hours was just mere minutes! The announcement: The Iraqi's have somehow overthrown the american government!

well thats it! If you want another chapter please tell me. This isnt my views, This is in the perspective of someone completly different to me! Peace!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Excellant start my friend, and welcome to the fiction section of ATS.

Now, Just how did those pesky Iraqi's overthrow the government? That should make a heck of a story. I could even see ol' GW being led away in chains

Also, keep an eye out for the new writers contest, were all hoping WW will get it going soon.

Wupy

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hey thanks,i really apreciate it!

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Also, keep an eye out for the new writers contest, were all hoping WW will get it going soon.

Wow, wupy, you are keen for this new contest. It's funny, I've never seen a man so eager to be beaten before.

[edit on 8/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25

Wow, wupy, you are keen for this new contest. It's funny, I've never seen a man so eager to be beaten before.

[edit on 8/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

Hahahaha.....I just wrote an awesome story about a clown named Bokko who commits suicide. I'm just hoping WW starts a contest that I can use it in. I'd have to clean it up quite a bit but i'm sure it would still knock that Yak bone crown off of ya

Wupy

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Good stuff cheesy1907

Its good to see you getting more work on here and i look forward to the next part

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
hey guys! Thanks for all the positive reviews, this is really helping me, and um, im still stumped on what the 2nd chapter should be. Lets vote on it, you can vote either if the 2nd chapter will just be abou t the family and it's background, or somehting else. The reason I havent been working on this much is because right now in shcool we have an extreme amount of work,so im trying to balance that and the announcement, so please vote and thanks a lot, oh and also, my com isnt working so I wont be on much, Im on my bro's computer now and this happens very rarely, so if it takes awhile you'll know why, so see ya!

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hey guys! Hope you enjoy it.......

" Oh #!" That was the first thing said after the announcement. Usualy Linda would scream at me for swearing, but this thime she didnt care. Right then I thought...."What the hell are we gonna' do? Then a few minutes later I told the to pack their bags because were leaving. "Where to" Linda screamed. "I dont know" I replied. "Anywhere but here, tell Josh not to pack much, were gonna"have to pack light" After that we were all busy packing. I only packed some clothes, food, water,a knife, lighter, a pistol and it's ammunition. Now that I look back, we should've stayed home and waited it out.

well thats it, sorry much hasnt happened yet, im working my best here,so see ya later......Cheesy out!

[edit on 8/26/05 by cheesy1907]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
ah, and by the way, if you have any suggestions or comments fell free to IM or U2U me

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
My only suggestion is that stories are not usually written one paragraph at a time. How about your next chapter being 500 or maybe even 1000 words. Stories are tough, beleive me I know. Still, its not a story until you finally write, "The end"

Wupy

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

My only suggestion is that stories are not usually written one paragraph at a time. How about your next chapter being 500 or maybe even 1000 words. Stories are tough, beleive me I know. Still, its not a story until you finally write, "The end"

Wupy

Thanks, I agree!

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
hey guys,sorry I havent posted another chapter in awhile. I am working on it, it's going to be much longer so just bare with me,i'll post it a.s.a.p

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
hey,due to the fact im now officialy a writer,the announcement is going to be relocated to collab fiction.where all chapters will be posted,as well as chapter 3,see ya there!

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Im going to cancel the series,sorry guys,but I have huge amounts of school work, and im gonna work on my writing skills a little bit more. Im going to start another series though,sorry bout this

cheesy

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hi cheesy1907,

I am sorry to hear you are cancelling your story. I knoe how demanding school can be!
Still, I hope in your spare time you will work on your story some more. Good luck to you in school.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvrshadow
Hi cheesy1907,

I am sorry to hear you are cancelling your story. I knoe how demanding school can be!
Still, I hope in your spare time you will work on your story some more. Good luck to you in school.

hey, thanks for understanding,im trying to,i'll probably get it going on the weekend

cheesy

new topics

top topics

join