It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuals celebrate in ravaged New Orleans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Honestly?

It's actually refreshing to see someone trying to focus on something other than the death and destruction.

Do you really think this particular group of gays has forgotten? They've somehow ignored the stench, the devastation, the tragedy? Come on - you know better than that. Can it not simply be an attempt to regain some semblance of normality? Some sense of "we're not going to let this beat us - we need to keep living wherever, however and whenever we're able"?

And yes, I do think, if this had been done by any other group of people, it wouldn't have made thread-worthy news on PTS. That's a tragedy in itself

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Those look like strong men, they should be out helping the rescue workers rather than running around in their underwear.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Those look like strong men, they should be out helping the rescue workers rather than running around in their underwear.

(Do we know that they haven't spent many hours doing so? And this is their way of letting off steam after helping the needy?)

(I have a compulsion to use parentheses it seems. Anyone know of a cure?)

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I honestly this is a brilliant IN YOUR ****ing FACE type of thing.

Recently some dumbass Christian group said that the huricane was the gods punishment to homosexuals and other sinners in NO.

Now the homosexuals retaliate by showing these loons which make such utterly retarded comments, that the homosexuals are still there looking hotter then ever.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
TC,TC,TC

Ill bet a donut to a gstring that if you had of made it thru Katrina, you would be locked arm and arm with the celebrants. If not, you are a cold dude, man!
[edit on 7-9-2005 by whaaa]

Uh, no, I wouldn't have been anywhere near arm in arm with those clowns. You call me cold? Those twinkletoes are dancing around the streets in their little shorts while people are dying. Who's the cold one? Who is it that's celebrating their own perversion in a pervetedly sick way that can even give the impression that death is an excitement to them?

Paulie, don't make me start quoting Andrew Dice Clay on you!

Trust me, again, I have the ability to critique in a multi-tasking manner.!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Please tell me what I've said to be issued a "dice" quotes warning - - Go ahead, I want to know exactly what it is I've said. I've been hearing quotes meant as insults all my life and Andrew Dice Clay's are the least of my worries - He insults everyone, he's an equal opportunity insulter. What he had to say rolled off my back like so much water past a duck's butt crack. Last time I heard from him, I was still a stupid little kid that laughed at most of it, even though I had no idea what it meant. Do you think I get all in-a-hissy when I hear Triumph the insult comic dog ripping on gays? No, I'm rolling on the floor laughing my ass off too.

It's the quotes from so-called "religious" people that hurt. All the "abomination" and "put to death" and "blood on their heads" quotes that hurt. Hearing my own preacher telling me I'm going to hell, that hurts. People using what's supposed to be a support system as an excuse for condemning something just because they think it's "icky", that hurts. Thinking that the only thing I did to be issued a "dice quotes warning" is being gay, that hurts. There's no need to quote him, You've made your point QUITE CLEAR.

So if there's a GOOD reason for the Dice Quotes Warning, let me hear it. I just want to know if I've been judged solely on the fact that I'm gay, or if my behavior had something to do with it.

After years of serious thought on the situation, I think the only part left of me that's "religious" is the part that thinks "If there's a hell, the only way to get a ticket is to kill someone else or kill myself" If it weren't for that thought, I'd have killed myself years ago. That's how I know homosexuality isn't something I 'chose' - when you seriously consider suicide because that's the only way you know to "not be gay", that's how you know it isn't a choice.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Have any kind of parade you want.
Just have it next month, or have it somewhere else.

It's bad timing, period.

Although, all that water would be convenient for pullin yer float..

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Some celebrate life after destruction by spending several thousands of dollars on some nice, new shoes. Some celebrate by dancing in the streets. From the article:

Geez, these people saw their city destroyed are lucky to be alive, get off their jock just for this once!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Some celebrate life after destruction by spending several thousands of dollars on some nice, new shoes. Some celebrate by dancing in the streets.

And some celebrate by playing guitar and golf. But don't you dare say anything bad about them! But the gays? Hell, they're fair game! They're dirt no matter what they do. Right, ed?

I'd be celebrating too, if I narrowly escaped death. And I'm pretty sure that Ed would have no problem with a group of good old boys sittin' down in the local bar celebrating their escape from death with a few rounds of Bud... or JD or whatever people drink. Or I bet you'd have no problem with a bunch of parishioners giong to church and celebrating in Jesus' name and singing and praising, huh, bud?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent HereticAnd some celebrate by playing guitar and golf. But don't you dare say anything bad about them! But the gays? Hell, they're fair game! They're dirt no matter what they do. Right, ed?

Well you can think what you want, but I done see other groups out celebrating in the streets with thousands dead. Either way you look at it, its tacky to say the least. As for being gay, well I guess it just adds to their persona doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
ed

"let he without sin cast the first stone"

I'm sure gettin tired of these holier than thou, sanctimonious "Christians" critisizing others from the comfort of their nice, dry "puter" chair. Lighten up!!

[edit on 8-9-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
[Personal attack against another member removed.]

Anyways, nice parade in a city with one of the most famous parades in the country if not the world, Mardi Gras Parade. Only one I can think of that beats the Mardi Gras in popularity/reknown is the Christmas one they have in NYC every year. Macy's Day Parade or something like that.

They should celebrate, instead of wallowing in self pity they should celebrate what they have, even if they only have the clothes on their backs. Where there is life there is hope.

(Mod edit: Courtesy Is Mandatory --Majic)

[edit on 8/8/2006 by Majic]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
ed

"let he without sin cast the first stone"

Oh I am not without sin at all, but I admit I am a sinner, thats the difference.

As for the gay bashing threads, its not bashing when it points out fact. I do not think it should be illegal, but I damn sure do not want the sanctity of marriage modified to accept it as normal. I do not agree with celebrating in the streets after such a disaster and that is what this thread is about. It just happens to be a "Decadence" parade..go figure, at least the title fits.

If one doesn't believe in God then fine, but done modify the world to fit the minority opinion.

I don't hate gays at all and I know a few, sure I don't yell at them and call them sinners, but I don't deny to them that I disagree with the lifestyle they chose...but hey its a free country......I have to say that since moving to California, I can finally say I like Arnold and something he is doing. The state overwhelmingly voted to ban gay marriage and the 'agenda' tried to bypass the public.....they lost again.

Arnold!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join