It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS Being Used For Political Purposes?

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Are organized political factions on ATS using the ability to vote
to kill news stories that are not bias, but just contrary to the position of thier political party. I'm not talking about individuals doing so, but rather an organized effort spanning multiple news threads. I've seen this suggested in several heated arguements, but I've seen no evidence.

If you think this is true I'd like to see some examples. Both republicans and democrats are welcome. As a libertarian I dont like either of your politics, so I consider myself unbiased.

Also I'd be interested in comments from Mods, as Mods have a better view of the big picture than members.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by df1]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It's really not a problem. The only time it becomes a problem is when a contributor can't handle a single negative vote and flips out in public destroying his or her own thread.

A few do what you're implying I'm sure, but by and large votes come from fair minded dedicated people taking an extra second out of their day to help shape ATSNN content.

Negative votes can really be constructive too. Not always, but they can. So try to have an open mind both giving and receiving criticism is all we ask.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have to admit thats a very plausible theory, one that could happen. However at this time I haven't seen this happen, not that we shouldn't figure out a way to prepare for the worst though.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I suppose my take may be different than others. New rules and respected ones seem to indicate be sensitive to attacks against the present administation and if true -- it's a rule and I respect it.

However, when on another channel you can't help but being overwhelmed with the out-spoken-ness and realize those sites are small and indiscriminant compared to ATS.

I don't agree with all the new rules but I can always leave. However, I feel a lot of members have already decided they cannot accept the rules as I don't see them around. - or is it just me?

But I truly support Simon and understand there must be some reason for the rules now existing toward politcal bashing. And I care about ATS and really enjoy my membership.

Dallas

df1

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
We're I in the position of howard dean or karl rove you can bet your butt that I'd be throwing some serious money at hiring party operatives to influence public opinion over numerous internet venues particularly bipartisan sites like ATS. Being able to manage public perception in this way would be a tremendous political advantage for my party.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
We're I in the position of howard dean or karl rove you can bet your butt that I'd be throwing some serious money at hiring party operatives to influence public opinion over numerous internet venues particularly bipartisan sites like ATS. Being able to manage public perception in this way would be a tremendous political advantage for my party.

Oh, the paid operative thing. Sure, it happens. But it's more like people just do that for free these days it seems.

Again, as regards ATSNN, we've seen no problem. Nothing "good" has been struck down mercilessly. It all get's rescued by our members in the end.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
It's really not a problem. The only time it becomes a problem is when a contributor can't handle a single negative vote and flips out in public destroying his or her own thread.

A few do what you're implying I'm sure, but by and large votes come from fair minded dedicated people taking an extra second out of their day to help shape ATSNN content.

Negative votes can really be constructive too. Not always, but they can. So try to have an open mind both giving and receiving criticism is all we ask.

This is really strange...Really strange...I...actually am agreeing with Rant...For the second time today...Think I'd better buy a lottery ticket or watch for falling aircraft

new topics

top topics

join