It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know whats just plain daft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
about these so called ( by themselves ) "contactees is that they are nonentities.

I make no apologies for calling them nonentities because I am also one as are most people who post on here inasmuch as its quite unlikely that anything we ever do in this lifetime is going to have any effect in the grand order of things.

But still the aliens "supposedly" make contact with these people who have no chance whatsoever of converting normal people by their tales of contacts and meeings and warnings and predictions of disasters.

Why someone on here even claims to be the most important of all contactees but in fifteen years of meetings, transportations to other planets and wierd cartoonlike drawings of "aliens" has probably failed to convince anybody who has any worthwhile intelligence.

The aliens have been doing this for over fifty years. Leaving messages with people who really have no public sway whatsoever. Is it any wonder that their message is not getting through.

These aliens must be pretty dumb to keep picking the wrong people to spread the word all the time.

Will they never learn. They really need to hook up to some decent advertising agency.....you know get a snappy by line or two because what they are doing is just not working.

Me, if I was an alien well I would be all for setting down for the night on the White House Lawn, seems fairly pointless to keep on employing these "service representatives" from the back of beyond.

Come on Mr Alien, lets have a change of emphasis here, you are losing your customer base.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Did you say that you are "one"? A contactee?

Anyway, it seems to me that contactee's are not in contact with Aliens.

They always claim to be the only ones "pure of heart" that the Aliens choose to spread thier messege through. Thus making that Idividual important to the future of mankind.... Give me a freakin' Break!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
JayKew - I'll agree with you on most of those points even though you're using a two handed axe to cut some paper. There's been discussions on the UFO theme going religious and/spirtual. As for an answer, My take is once a person chooses to cross that line of faith, spiritual, or religion...well, lets just say it's no longer a case for objective reasoning. Material proof is no longer worth discussing. SEE ATS LINK

You could ask How" But the answer is "Because they can"
You could ask Why? But the answer is "Because I say so."
So on and so forth because faith does not require proof.

I try and keep my skeptcal mind in check and allow an infinately small chance some absolute concrete evidence will surface. Until then I try and apply the following.

I, like many others would like for the existence of aliens
to be true. Therefore, I have to be even MORE
exceptionally skeptical about it, especially when
dealing with "evidence" presented by "believers".

(Thanks to that college proffesor who's student posted his take on the whole UFO phenomenon.)Admireable skeptic.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well what one has to wonder is what is the intent behind such communications. If another Race really wanted us to know they existed it is painfully obvious they could accomplish that easily.

I do agree that many of these stories are not real, just so I can get that out of the way. I read them when they are presented, but so far none of them have struck me as being of anything other than human origin.

So let's disreguard the hoaxes and consider for a moment what this could mean. If one assumes that we have been judged not ready for full on contact what might happen? Perhaps what we are seeing is a few indivduals who do not accept what the officials have decreed.

You can see this sort of thing on Earth, the government warns people to stay away from a disaster zone, and yet some people head there anyway.

Another logical possibility is that the other Races have decided that they should nudge us along a bit. Going person to person is rather slow I grant but to say that no one has ever been convinced is I think incorrect. I think what is more true is that each person who relates a tale does reach some people. The nature of what we are discussing is such that no one account, no matter how detailed, is going to reach a vast audience.

I take exception to the original posters characterization of these people as non-entities. Fame and Fortune are not the measure of a person's self-worth. For most of these people if they had not had whatever experiences they had they would not be trying to convince anyone of anything.

I think it is a mistake to look just at one aspect of the UFO Community and single it out for judgement. Contactees are just one part of the whole and overall we. as a group, are being effective. It is quite easy to show that belief in the two central ideas we discuss here has been on the rise for the past 50 years or so. More people believe in the existance of Alien Life, and a smaller, but still growing percentage believe we have been Visited by some of this life.

I am not so sure that all of this can be attributed to outside influences, but if you choose to look at it that way, well the Aliens are not so dumb after all.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
"Anyway, it seems to me that contactee's are not in contact with Aliens. " == lost shaman

That is so profound that I cannot resist asking. Just who would they be in contact with then?

top topics

join