It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barbara Bush: It's Good Enough for the Poor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Now I see how this is all coming together. Kinda like Marie Antoinette "Let the eat cake" sentiment.

news.yahoo.com...

Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very well for them," Mrs. Bush told American Public Media's "Marketplace" program, before returning to her multi-million dollar Houston home.

On the tape of the interview, Mrs. Bush chuckles audibly as she observes just how great things are going for families that are separated from loved ones, people who have been forced to abandon their homes and the only community where they have ever lived, and parents who are explaining to children that their pets, their toys and in some cases their friends may be lost forever. Perhaps the former first lady was amusing herself with the notion that evacuees without bread could eat cake.

What a family!

[edit on 6-9-2005 by valkeryie]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
That has to be the most un compassionate thing I have heard in a very long time....
Nicely done Barbara, NOT

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Unbelievable! You think with her husband and her sons in politics this woman would have learned something about diplomacy and tact.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
yep, that's not good. Is there any chance at all, any that she was drunk. That wouldn't be so bad if she was completely blitzed.

Did you hear that? That loud clap of thunder? That was every beltway republican smacking the palm of their hand against ther forehead.

I wonder how this will spin.

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Just when I think nothing else could be said to make the atmosphere of this situation worse, BAM, I get knocked back in my chair. I wonder what excuses will be thrown at us to explain this one...

Cameron

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
remember this is the same lady who didn't want to waste her beautiful mind thinking about body bags (Iraqi war)

I beginning to think there is no way to keep the politics out of the Katrina aftermath...oh well.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
remember this is the same lady who didn't want to waste her beautiful mind thinking about body bags (Iraqi war)

I beginning to think there is no way to keep the politics out of the Katrina aftermath...oh well.

You are so Sharp as I was reading the previous post that was the first think that came to my mind the "Comment" of Mrs.Bush. he,he,.

Your are right the "Privilege" and Wealthy don't have to worry their beautiful minds on ugliness they just give their donations and they are happy with their generosity and score with haven.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The body bag comment was the first thing that occurred to me when I saw this, too. I feel sorry for her in a way (kind of like I feel sorry for her son) because she's so OUT OF TOUCH with the reality of real people and real problems, I almost get the feeling that she's watching a movie. She's amused by it all. She's so distanced.

And no, you cannot keep politics out of the Katrina situation any more than you can keep politics out of the Iraq war or 9/11. They're inextricably tied together.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
When I first heard this today on the radio my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe she would say such a thing. I guess it goes to show how much some of the rich feel about the people that have less than them.

I work in sales and most times I am in a pretty affluent area. Most of the time people are really gracious but there are some real snobs out there.

I would have to say though the most gracious, caring people I deal with is the Middle Eastern people. They are the only people that offer me food or drink. They are the most talkative and also have the best buying percentage. Being in sales I should be bending over backwards for them. They do for me. This is regardless of their money status.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I liked Barbara until now. Now she is tied with Hillery Clinton. It makes me wonder if Barbara has this type of thinking and snobery, what does her husband President Bush really think about the victims of NO? I know that husbands and wives don't always mesh in their thinking, but more often than not they have more common ground in their thoughts and attitudes.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Mystery
Barbara isn't the shrub's wife, she's his mother. You're thinking of Laura, the one married to the little Bush.

Anyway, this is typical.

I watched a movie this evening called "The Land of the Dead." I thought it was a very appropriate movie for the times we're living in. Rest assured, in life as in the movie, by the end of this fiasco the worst of the mall people will be eaten alive by the zombies.

The little people have been abused enough, they're rapidly tiring of it. But, I should caution, it's going to get worse before it gets better. I imagine it will get a lot worse.

We'll have to wait and see.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
You would think that by now she would have learned to stay home or just shut up!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
It seems Satan's Mistress has put her foot in it again.

When asked to clarify her comments she responded with "no comment". And naturally this is not being picked up by the Mainstream Media.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Anybody that knows the Bush Family History will know this simply par for the course. The Bush family is a regime, no doubt about it, and they have been in power since Reagan took office, and arguably given old man Prescott's immunity to treason charges, alot longer than that. This is a classic example of the mentality of a regime, let them eat cake.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Maybe the Bush wives are on a load of prozac?

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This was on 'The Daily Show" last night.

What a shame

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Barbara's "beautiful mind" is right up there with the Pat Robertsons of the world.
I swear, these are dangerous times.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Mystery
Barbara isn't the shrub's wife, she's his mother. You're thinking of Laura, the one married to the little Bush.

Thank you for the correction. I wonder if George Bush grew up with this mentality, or if she developed this mentality later on in life as she grew older.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Death, Taxes And Politics

That's been obvious for a while now.

Those who pray to partisan gods are reinforcing their own prejudices on the back of the disaster.

Meanwhile, those whose strategy of controlling America by dividing its populace into two polarized and close-minded camps are very pleased with how things are going.

I am impressed with not only how easily this has been accomplished, but by how willing my fellow citizens have proven in locking the shackles around their own minds.

The only thing which seems undecided at this point is the question of what orders the powerbrokers have in store for our "free" society.

In a climate like this, anything is possible, and they most certainly know it.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Did You Know?

Barbara's father, Marvin Pierce, was then vice president of McCall Corporation, publisher of Redbook and McCall's magazines. After his daughter joined the banking oligarchy by marrying into the Bush family (1945), Pierce became McCall's chief executive. Pierce and his magazine's theme of "Togetherness ''--stressing family social existence divorced from political, scientific, artistic or creative activities--played a role in the cult of conformity and mediocrity which crushed U.S. mental life in the 1950s.

A great deal is made about Barbara Pierce Bush's family connection to U.S. President Franklin Pierce. It is inserted in books written by Bush friends and staff members. Barbara Bush's gossip-column biographer says: "Her own great-great-great uncle President Franklin Pierce had his [White House] office in the Treaty Room.... '' In fact, President Pierce was a distant cousin of Barbara Pierce's great-great grandfather, not his brother, as this claim would imply.

Source:
www.tarpley.net...

Ofcourse she don't care about the Poor - born with a Silver Spoon in her Mouth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join