It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(news) Bob Denver, TV's 'Gilligan,' dies at 70

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Bob Denver the iconic figure of the 60's television show "Gilligan's Island died Friday. Denver had underwent quadruple heart bypass surgery earlier this year. Denver was 70 years old.

www.cnn.com
Denver's signature role was Gilligan. But he already was known to TV audiences for another iconic character, that of Maynard G. Krebs, the bearded beatnik friend of Dwayne Hickman's Dobie in "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis," which aired from 1959 to 1963.

"Entertainment Tonight" first reported Denver's death.

Denver's wife, Dreama, and children Patrick, Megan, Emily and Colin were with him when he died.

"He was my everything and I will love him forever," Dreama Denver said in a statement.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A great actor, I grew up watching Gilligan and even caught re-runs of him on Dobie Gillis. You will be missed.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by elevatedone]

[edit on 6-9-2005 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Rest in peace, "little buddy"....

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I remember Bob as Maynard G. Krebs on 'Dodie Gillis' and truly loved him on 'Gilligans Island'. After 'Gilligans Island' he did a short lived series called
'Dusty's Trail' it was based on the same script as 'Gilligans Island'. Probably why it failed, anyway seems the 'SS Minnow' has finally finished that three hour tour. Hope he finally made it home. One last time I'd like to hear the Skipper holler, "G-I-L-L-I-G-A-N".

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Damn it, GI is the first show I remember watching.

RIP Bob.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I loved watching all the Gilligan's Island episodes plus the few other rolls that he had. It's kinda too bad he was type cast early in his career and never went on to other rolls. It would have been nice if he had left behind a larger body of work.
The Internet Movie Data Base has a list of all his acting credits on this page:
www.imdb.com...

We will always remember him as Gilligan.............

new topics

top topics

join