It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS anti-Bush or anti-anypresident?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Deny Ignorance! So yes I guess ATS is Anti-Bush.....

Not to be mean, but that guy is only in power due to rigging of 00 and that anything Libertarian was banned by Bush&Co for 04. On a show on Fox News, Michael was mentioned, the show was stopped dead and a repeat was played. I kid you not, on GOP/Fox News someone just mentioned Michael and the show was stopped. Can't let people know there are conservatives who aren't evil out there.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Hopefully you'll not be a stranger around these parts!

It was a good answer and I'm satisfied that I was heard, considered, and answered that there was no need for neutrality by site admins because it exists in other places.

I'll do my best to be active, though usually it's in the "Conspiracies in Religion" section of ATS, "Faith & Spirituality" on BTS, with "Paranormal Studies" being a distant 3rd. I don't like getting involved in political discussions very much, as it's one of those things that you can never really understand in full scope unless integrally involved. Even with my CNN & C-Span addiction, I'm learning that I never really know why some moves are made. Nor does it really make a huge difference to me as kingdoms will rise and fall. I consider myself a citizen of the Kingdom of heaven and follow His rules first and foremost. I was going to try to jam that onto my polling card but may just change it to "Christian", since I think each issue should be considered individually and not by full party throw-ins.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Is ATS Anti-Bush?

The simple answer is "no", not as an entity in and of itself. Are most of the staff anti-bush? Most likely, though he has his supporters amongst the staff too. However, the above is political satire, playing off of his own comments...

"Response is slow, and there are more questions and answers regarding the evacuation of Katrina refugees. "

No matter what party or affiliation you have, this is pretty much a given. The press also has stated this, and it's apparent to anyone who's been watching the crisis unfold. There should have been a swift and immediate response. People wouldn't be calling for Brown's resignation if it was only ATS' opinion that the response was slow....

...and I wonder just what ATS has done for the victims of Hurricane Katrina to be pointing fingers.

1. That's what we do here....point fingers.

2. Perhaps you've missed Val's post (which would be a miracle), or other member contributions, etc.
3. Coordinating a relief fund isn't just something you "do", it would require probably more resources than ATS can bring to bear...which is shy most have simply recommended utilizing the existing charities and traditional means for funnelling resources for the relief effort.

Have they done more than the president and all the national guard, the military, FEMA, and many many other charitable organizations he has called upon to assist?

The problem isn't WHAT the president is doing, it's HOW LONG it took to get with the program....

Obviously the poster of this picture and text thereafter has not been watching CNN and C-Span on a regular basis or has a political "selective hearing".

We must be watching a different CNN...as everything I've seen kept saying "response too slow, response too slow". Sure, it's all coming out of the woodwork now, but too late to save many who are now floating corpses in their attics.

I'm not 'pro-Bush' but give the man a break. He is after all a human like you and I. Do you honestly expect him to be able to force everyone in the country to drop what they're doing and go on a disaster relief road-trip? I know I've thought about it, but it would bring the country to further ruin logically and economically.

While I'm sure the Reptilian crowd would debate you on his "human" classification, yeah, he's like you or me....except that he has the world's most powerful military at his disposal and command. There is simply NO reason this couldn't have gone MUCH faster....none whatsoever....

Yes, I'm 'biting the hand that feeds me' here on ATS, but only because I want them to maintain as neutral of a stance as humanly possible.

It's everyopne's right to criticize...however in this issue, wrong is wrong, and the slow response is, in my opinion, inexcusable.

If you'll remember, the President himself used the same word to describe the response. So, is it bias, or reporting the facts? You be the judge.....

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by la2
I dont understand how Americans work, if Bush was a European Head Of State he would have been run out of office by now.

Bull. The europeans have their own glaring problems, they simply prefer to worry about ours as it gives them a false excuse to feel superior and behave in a condescending manner.

As far as the original question goes, this board is made up of untrusting, conspiratorial types who do not expect the best from any politician. So far, it has been our collective experience that no politician has really given any of us cause to say, "Wow! I guess we were wrong about politicians!"

Presidents are picked before we ever even know who is running. We are the last to know. Why would you want to get attached to any of them, root for any of them? They serve their masters, and that is all there is to it. When people fall into the trap of right v left, Rep v Dem, they are doing exactly what "they" want us to do.

Sorry, here I go again, talking conspiratorially on the politics side of the house, but as the question was asked, the truth had to be told.

Go back to the sport of politics if you'd like, just don't kid yourslef into thinking it means a darned thing. It was invented merely to keep you occupied while "they" do as they please. A sport, it's nothing more than that.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The simple answer is "no", not as an entity in and of itself. Are most of the staff anti-bush? Most likely, though he has his supporters amongst the staff too. However, the above is political satire, playing off of his own comments...

Gotcha

No matter what party or affiliation you have, this is pretty much a given.

Probably because we've not had to deal with this type of thing before. Probably because it takes a lot to organize a relief effort. Probably because there isn't a man, woman or child in this country who can quickly come up with an effective solution.

The press also has stated this,

I refer to my 'propaganda' poster on the previous page. "*squawk* Polly wanna cracker!"

and it's apparent to anyone who's been watching the crisis unfold. There should have been a swift and immediate response. People wouldn't be calling for Brown's resignation if it was only ATS' opinion that the response was slow....

People call for a blood sacrifice for every crisis. This I do not understand.

1. That's what we do here....point fingers.

Alright, alight I give! Uncle! Uncle!

2. Perhaps you've missed Val's post (which would be a miracle), or other member contributions, etc.

I did. My intention was to address the "shock banner", not the detailed discussion. The disaster discussions just makes me sad and frustrated most of the time.

3. Coordinating a relief fund isn't just something you "do", it would require probably more resources than ATS can bring to bear...which is shy most have simply recommended utilizing the existing charities and traditional means for funnelling resources for the relief effort.

And yet we cannot understand when we ask the government to do the same? Is that entirely fair?

The problem isn't WHAT the president is doing, it's HOW LONG it took to get with the program....

This is everybody's problem, not just the president's. Again pointing fingers instead of lifting it to help.

We must be watching a different CNN...as everything I've seen kept saying "response too slow, response too slow".

Everything you've seen or everything that's been said? Sure, Lou Dobbs will say it's slow, it fits his agenda nicely.

Sure, it's all coming out of the woodwork now, but too late to save many who are now floating corpses in their attics.

Complaints instead of suggestions. That's a big help now, huh?

While I'm sure the Reptilian crowd would debate you on his "human" classification,

yeah, he's like you or me....except that he has the world's most powerful military at his disposal and command. There is simply NO reason this couldn't have gone MUCH faster....none whatsoever....

Maybe, maybe not. How is the view through the oval office windows? Sounds like we've all sat in his chair except for me.

It's everyopne's right to criticize...however in this issue, wrong is wrong, and the slow response is, in my opinion, inexcusable.

I think you've stated it perfectly. How ever the banner did not state 'in my opinion' it said the response was slow (statement of fact) and "Katrina is all just a..." which is not quoted as what the president said, rather is followed by the 2 words he did actually say. Need we really go into what happens when you take 2 words out of a sentence and apply your own wording?

If you'll remember, the President himself used the same word to describe the response. So, is it bias, or reporting the facts? You be the judge.....

Per above, I judge it as opinion and spin.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by saint4God]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join