It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moore's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Does anyone have information on The Moore's? I know they are a secret society, i believe they are mainly in US. I searched google but found nothing in the short time i looked.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You may be thinking of the Moors...patterned after the arabs that the Christians fought in the crusades.... The spelling difference may be thwarting your searches....
I believe there are other spellings of the term as well....considering it is a translated name...

[Edited on 4-9-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hm, that helps alot. Do you know if they stem from any other society?

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Not really, I know of them more from the historic perspective, but I have heard of a society of the same name...so just thought it would help...

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
You are refering to the Nuabian Moors. They are/were headquartered in my home state Georgia. They are a semi-religious cult who believe (i think) in something akin to ancient astronaunt-we are the chosen ones-black power! They purchased a large track of land just south-east of Atlanta several years ago and built a large compound complete with Egyptian Pyramid and Heiroglyph covered gates! Last summer the FBI and the local police and GBI raided the compound because of alleged sexual assaults that had taken place in the compound. The story goes the leader of the group and his wife would bring underage girls to the compound from out of state and force them into various sex type rituals.

I dont really think the allegations were true even thought the leader recently took a plea bargin. I see too many parallels with the Waco - David Koresh thing. I suspect the real reason for the raid and charges was because it was rumored the group had a large cache of firearms. Even though the local town and surrounding neighbors never reported any trouble and from all accounts the group was very polite an law abiding when they came to town. No one really heard much about the raid except locally because the group offered no resistance. The government did make a point to get on camera bringing out several guns and putting them in the trunk of a car but who can say that was legit!
I dont put much stock in their beliefs but the group had every right to build their compound and own firearms If the sexual assaults were true then by all means put the offenders in jail.
The other problem I had with the raid was that the rest of the group was put on the street because the government seized the WHOLE COMPOUND even thought they only charged the groups leader with a crime!

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
www.mu-atlantis.com...

Ever heard of Noble Dew Ali? Look up his name in google. He's a Moor, Mason and kabbalah-ist.

ONE

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Officially: United Nuwaubian Nation of Moors, but the movement also goes by other names, including ''Right Knowledge'' and ''Ancient Mystic Order of Malchizedek.'' A quasi-religious cult based in Georgia, USA. Bills itself as a "fraternal organization." Watchman Fellowship describes the movement as follows:

Ancient Mystic Order of Malchizedek, Malachi Z. York (AMOM, Nuwaubians, the Nubian Nation of Moors, Right Knowledge) A UFO group whose leader, (a.k.a. Dwight York) claims to be form the 19th galaxy called Illyuwn. A 1993 FBI report has surfaced calling the group a ''front for a wide range of criminal activity, including arson, welfare fraud and extortion.'' York group has also operated under other names and organizations including Nubian Islaamic [sic] Hebrew Mission and the Ansaaru Allah Community, (an Islamic sect with doctrines similar to Nation of Islam), and the Original Tents of Kedar.
Index of Cults and New Religions, Watchman Fellowship

- Selected Media Descriptions -

The Nuwaubians, primarily consisting of African Americans, first came to Putnam County in 1993 from Brooklyn, N.Y., where the group was known as the Ansaru Allah community, a segregationist religious sect which incorporated Muslim traditions. Nuwaubian leader Malachi York was then known as Isa Muhammad.

Nuwaubians initially dressed in cowboy-type garb and claimed York was an extra-terrestrial from the planet "Rizq."

The group since has claimed heritage to the Native Americans and the Egyptians.

At times they claim to be a religious group but at others say they are a fraternal organization.

In some Nuwaubian literature, York is referred to as their savior or god.
Who They Are, The Macon Telegraph, June 24, 2000

The members call themselves the Yamassee Native American Nuwaubians and claim to have created a utopian society on their 476-acre compound of Egyptian-style architecture.
(...)

The group's founder, Dwight York, who calls himself Malachi Z. York, served time in New York in the 1960s for assault, resisting arrest and possession of a dangerous weapon.

York has claimed to be from a galaxy called Illyuwn and has said that in 2003 spaceships are going to descend from the sky and pick up a chosen 144,000 people for a rebirth. Most recently, York has referred to himself as Chief Black Eagle, a reincarnated leader of the Yamassee Indians.

"It's a constantly opportunistic evolving ideology," the sheriff said. "We've gone from an extraterrestrial to a Christian pastor to an Indian leader with willful and wanton resistance to legal authority time and time again."

The group's spokeswoman, Renee McDade, and Marshall Chance, who is referred to as the Nuwaubians' leader, distance themselves from the space prophecies of York, who lives on the compound and refuses to give interviews.

"We're all awaiting the coming of the real Messiah," Chance said. "We are a biblical people. If it's not in the Bible, then we're not concerned about it."

The group moved to Georgia in 1993 from New York, where it had operated under other names, including the Ansaru Allah Community. A 1993 FBI report linked that group to a myriad of crimes, including arson and extortion.
Georgia Sect Alarms Neighbors, Washington Post/AP, July 27, 1999

''I am the lamb, I am the man,'' declares Dr. Malachi Z. York, 54, on his website. ''I am the Supreme Being of This Day and Time, God in Flesh.'' And by the way, says the native of the planet Rizq, a spaceship is coming on May 5, 2003, to scoop up believers. The believers have been making quite a spectacle in the tiny town of Eatonton, Ga. (pop. 5,000), seat of the not much larger Putnam County (pop. 17,000). There, the man born Dwight York, of Sullivan County, N.Y., decreed the founding of Tama-Re, Egypt of the West, a 19-acre evocation of the ancient land, complete with 40-ft. pyramids, obelisks, gods, goddesses and a giant sphinx. It is the holy see of the Nuwaubians.

But don't call them a religion. The Nuwaubians describe themselves as a ''fraternal organization'' of people of different religions, including Christians, Muslims and others who just happen to share a few extra tenets.
Space Invaders : Strangers from the North send a Southern town into a tizzy from TIME Magazine, July 12, 1999

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I know about the Nuwaubians and I wouldn't fully trust them but their knowledge still gives more insight than many exoteric religions. Like with anything; you just have to be careful to not get mislead and draw conclusions based on logic when learning.

Alot of this stuff goes back to the Moorish Noble Drew Ali.

ONE

new topics

top topics

join