It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: He Held Their Lives in His Tiny Hands

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Sadly, if you watch the mainstream news enough you'll find that they don't like to report good news. Good news equals less ratings, which means less reporting.

It's actually a strange dichotomy, because they've also been responsable for a lot of the good news...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
We should all be proud of Deamonte Love.

A very brave little 6 year old boy has shown us better leadership qualities
than our own president.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Americans write, email, telegram your congress and tell them to investigate every detail of this event.

You may be next to be at the mercy of inadequate responce by your wayward government.

You can find all three reps here(house, senate, and white house) on my site:

picoscience.8m.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Sure he lead them to safety, good on him.

Where to now?

Some shelter to be raped and murdered like the other kids?

One heart-warming story doth not make everything alright.....

Apoligies in advance for cynical attitude......

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This link
has photos of children with similar names, If these are the same children, they certainly look well cared for......if their parents are alive, they must be frantic.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
As it turns out, there was more to the story, and here it is:

Deamonte began to give more details: How he saw his mother cry when he was loaded onto the helicopter. How he promised her he'd take care of his little brother.

Late Saturday night, they found Deamonte's mother, who was in a shelter in San Antonio along with the four mothers of the other five children.

In a phone interview, she said she is the kind of mother who doesn't let her children out of her sight. What happened the Thursday after the hurricane, she said, was that her family,........., began to feel desperate.
The water wasn't going down ..... The baby needed milk and the milk was gone. So she decided they would evacuate by helicopter. When a helicopter arrived to pick them up, they were told to send the children first and that the helicopter would be back in 25 minutes. She and her neighbors had to make a quick decision.

The helicopter didn't come back. While the children were transported to Baton Rouge, their parents wound up in Texas, and although Williams was reassured that they would be reunited, days passed without any contact. On Sunday, she was elated.

page two tells the rest. (you can access this page if you subscribe to the Times, so I signed up>)

Can you imagine the worry this poor woman and the other mothers must have gone thru when that helicopter didn't come back......thank goodness they have all been reunited!

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Can someone explain to me how these kids, in the care of the authorities after being picked up by helicopter, managed to end up wandering around the streets of New Orleans?

Is it a manufactured story to take the heat off where it should be or is there something more sinister at work? Did the authorities just willingly let the kids wander off?

The link above and the original story of this discussion thread do not fit together logically for me......

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The first link,
www.latimes

yields up page one, when you scroll down to the last line:

What happened the Thursday after the hurricane, she said, was that her family, trapped in an apartment building on the 3200 block of Third Street in New Orleans, began to feel desperate.

(then you see: )

CONTINUED
1 2 next >>
Single page

But when you click next for page two, you see the login page for LA Times onling subscribers.....if you are not a subscriber, you can register ( no charge), I did and after recieving my email confirmation, I went back to the first link and I could then read page two of the story, which gave the details of the helicopter failing to return, and the reunion of the children to their mothers. ( my link to page two may not work for you unless you
register .) The story continued on page two

The water wasn't going down and they had been living without light, food or air conditioning for four days. The baby needed milk and the milk was gone. So she decided they would evacuate by helicopter. When a helicopter arrived to pick them up, they were told to send the children first and that the helicopter would be back in 25 minutes. She and her neighbors had to make a quick decision.

It was a wrenching moment. Williams' father, Adrian Love, told her to send the children ahead.

"I told them to go ahead and give them up, because me, I would give my life for my kids. They should feel the same way," said Love, 48. "They were shedding tears. I said, 'Let the babies go.' "

His daughter and her friends followed his advice.

"We did what we had to do for our kids, because we love them," Williams said.

The helicopter didn't come back. While the children were transported to Baton Rouge, their parents wound up in Texas, and although Williams was reassured that they would be reunited, days passed without any contact

There is no explaination of how or where exactly the children were left.....or what happened the the 'returning helicopter'.....so that part is still a question mark. How that happened may never come to light, some one should have known better, certainly! ( I wondered if the helicopter that was supposed to return for the mothers was the rescue helicopter that crashed.....that would be one possibility, but it might have happened just due to the confusion and fatigue of the rescuers.....)

[edit on 8-9-2005 by frayed1]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join