It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Weekly: Edition 008: Coming Soon, ATS TV.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
From the Front Office by Springer

AboveTopSecret.com Coming to The Small Screen

ATS Weekly, Edition 008, September 06, 2005

AboveTopSecret TV: I promised big news in one of my ATS podcasts and now it's time to deliver (how cool are those podcasts?). Over that past 6 weeks I have been working on a deal with a major Television Production and Development Company in Los Angeles, California ("Hollywood" to be exact).

While for obvious reasons I can't go into the details of the concept I can FINALLY say there is a "treatment" (the complete "creation" of a TV Show on paper, every detail) of a Pilot Episode of "AboveTopSecret TV" (that's a "working title" but we like it) being written by a very successful and very talented TV Producer/Writer in collaboration with some key people in ATS' family of geniuses.

The way these things work is fairly straight forward, someone has a neat concept, a book, a play, a manuscript, etc... and a TV Producer sees it and thinks it would make a good television program and the ball starts rolling. The production company contacts the owner of the book, play, manuscript, etc... and strikes an agreement by which they "license" (rent or share copyright with) the rights to make a television show based on that property. The production company then creates a treatment that they and the concept/property owners are happy with. Then the production company produces a "Pilot Episode" which is usually the first program in the series. The Pilot Episode is the equivalent to a musical group's "demo cd". The production company takes this Pilot to the networks and sells them the "broadcasting rights" to the show.

The interesting part here is that this successful Hollywood production company sought us out and pitched the concept of a television series based on ATS. The giant dynamic discussion board where hundreds of diverse people collaborate and debate on highly interesting topics inspired these people to contact us regarding their idea. After some preliminary research, we discovered they are indeed a highly regarded firm with a track record of success and standards of quality that we would all demand.

Really good and well connected production companies have the "ear" of the decision makers at the networks and sometimes get the show "sold" on the treatment alone, before the production company spends the big dollars on producing a Pilot. Sometimes the concepts/properties are so unique and interesting they sell themselves. "ATS TV" just may have the benefit of both.

Bottom Line is it looks highly probably that we may be innocently watching our favorite TV show one day, in the near future, and BAM! a commercial for "AboveTopSecret TV" will come on the air! Wouldn't that be a hoot?! Please don't ask me what it's going to be about, I absolutely, positively can not divulge that information at this point. Contractual liabilities forbid that right now. I can tell you it is going to be awesome, it is absolutely going to be pure ATS.

I know many of our members will be intensely excited by this development, and you should be, your contributions have helped to make this happen. We'll answer what questions we can, but try to be patient as the initial groundwork gets out of the way and we can begin to reveal tidbits of what's to come.

Thanks for listening,
Springer out.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
this is so cool will it be just to advertise ATS or an actual TV program?

sort of like the X-files

You guys are doing some excellent things around here,
could you tell us a bit more with out breaking any contractual dealings.

[edit on 6/9/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
sort of like the X-files

Except we're real.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
OK, I'll get straight to the point.... Do you reckon I'll be in it? huh? *nudge nudge*...

This is incredible, the motto of ATS is to 'Deny Ignorance' and now we have the ability to reach even more people than ever.
How many articles and discussion do we have that we just wish we could show to that many more people?
How manby more people have we always hoped to be able to reach?

If this comes through then our dreams will be realised, and we will be able to play a viable part in the shaping of the world that we are so passionate about.

Well done everyone!!!

[edit on 6-9-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I asked about ATS TV yesterday...lol

Good job but I do have a few issues.

Will it be a story based program or more like a news based show?

Will you cover the subjects that ATS does such as 9/11, N.W.O. etc and if so will it be written by an outsiders? Even maybe puting their own spin on the idea?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I hope this won't be a reality show where they follow ATS members for a day or something, theres nothing more booring then watching someone sit behind a PC (except for the regular cursing and laughing)

I wonder where this will go and hope it'll reach europe too.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Please don't ask me what it's going to be about, I absolutely, positively can not divulge that information at this point. Contractual liabilities forbid that right now. I can tell you it is going to be awesome, it is absolutely going to be pure ATS.

There are your answers right there.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
And with bigger advertising, comes bigger trolls

This should be an interesting adventure for ATS.. it has the potential to put us in the spotlight.. or the limelight.. hard to tell.

I hope you guys are prepared for the onslaught of MILLIONS of people that will flock to this website if we go on the television airs..

This is a weird feeling.. I'm worried, and excited.. it can go both ways..

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The new hardware infrastructure is scalable upto whatever we need (within some financial limits).

We'll still be screening new membership applications, we may just need to involve more of our staff in that process. And we will be adding new staff before this hits.

Since it's the existing content, and our point of view on ATS that initially attracted these people, we can all expect that our unique viewpoint will be properly expressed (we have editorial control over the content).

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

And I thought the podcasts were huge....not to say they aren't....but - ya know what I mean - lol

This is incredible! I can't wait until we get more info on this!

Brad Pitt can play my role....

[edit on 9/6/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The new hardware infrastructure is scalable upto whatever we need (within some financial limits).

And I assume, more people visit is more income and that in turn is better hardware.

We'll still be screening new membership applications, we may just need to involve more of our staff in that process. And we will be adding new staff before this hits.

Just an idea [which I have seen on a few other sites] is a peer review system. The staff [or by post count] could in turn then have them able to give a "Yes" or "No" vote to "members" having a certain number of "Yes" or "No" votes before they are accepted or turned down. Pretty much the same as ATSNN. It could help speed things up - even maybe having them have to give a reason as to why they voted "Yes" or "No" to a person, to help remove the abuse that can come with. [On some smaller sites this has indeed helped and keeps members involved as well as helping to groom out trouble-makers.]

Since it's the existing content, and our point of view on ATS that initially attracted these people, we can all expect that our unique viewpoint will be properly expressed (we have editorial control over the content).

Glad to know that, I've seen many good people [in this sort of field] trashed by the media and their views misreprosented in the passed. :up;

All the best.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Can I be the ATS Avenger?

I'll get a better uniform..... I just used some old rag and some old Subaru flag that was lying around in the rubbish for now...

[edit on 6-9-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
That's great news...
I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

It's just been over a year since I joined, but the way this community has grown is just amazing. The way we've cleaned up our collective act with the sniping and baiting, the podcasts which are proving to be a whole new media here and now this...ATS TV

Bring it on...I can't wait.

Simon, SkepticOverlord, Springer and all the mods and counsellors have done a great job making the boards a pleasant experience for all the members.

And, above all, it's the good work and sharp minds of the membership that has gotten ATS to this level.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Oh my gosh Agent LOL that pics of you is just killing me lol

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
OMFG

this is great news...

i always wanted to watch ATS on TV haha...

ATS is the greatest!!!

EDIT:

BTW, i didn't recieve this edition in my inbox...

is this normal???

thanks...

[edit on 6-9-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ok this sounds awesome. But I'm confused as to what this is. Springer, you're killing me with the secrecy. I can't wait to hear more.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I just want to know if any of the story ideas are coming from the fiction section. That would be pretty awesome. I'd love to see some of my stories adapted to the screen

WorldWatcher, Are you paying attention here? This could be the next writing contest, the writers could put together their own idea of how a show like this should be presented.

This is great news. I'm ready to call my momma and tell her i'm going to be a part of something awesome...oh wait, i already am. Its just getting better.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well then. I suppose we'll need another new server or two if you do that?
ATS -- the sky's not the limit !

Dallas

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Holy Schnikes!
If this happens then itll be the first website to transfer onto tv. We will be famous in being the pioneers of website related television

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Wow n wow, and WOW. Did i say WOW!! oh.my.god. period.
(this better not be a windup)
All i can say is unbelievable! I NEED to know whats going to be in the show, when will we find out? can you give a time period? Will ATS members outside USA be able to watch this?
Can i be in it?? My moniker alone is worth my inclusion

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join