It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no rank amongs popular and unpopular?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I am not a geek, but I don't play any sports. I don't play videogames all day and watch Anime or whatever, but I am not popular. what am I?

Some gilrs look at me and talk to me, and a lot of the others don't. I am not sure if i'm good at flirting because I turn it into a conversation, all though I think I did one time (it comes natural right) and it was effective on one girl I like. All man she was laughing hard. It was over this ice cream my friend had. From then on, I think she MAY like me, but sometimes, at dances she refuses. to embarassed? or what? she'll dance with other guys, even this one fatty fat fat kid.

(kind of perverted but like I always say don't be bashful its natural) (do you ever notice that "unpopular girls" have bigger, um, you know) hint: front part of body.
you know their

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I dub thee..

A thinker.
Thats what you are...a thinker.
Does that work?

I'm probably a LOT older than you..And I STILL don't know when women are flirting with me..My wife has to tell me.LOL

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Teach me how to flirt!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
lol, this is such a cute thread!! awwww!

it is so funny because many men dont relises they are flirting and most girls always pick it up. but it can also be the other way around.

as you said flirting comes naturally. and when you are on the recieving end of the flirting it can be nice unless you relises that it is such a cheesy line and you laugh in their face. thats happend so many times its unreal.
but if you want to flirt with a girl then dont jump in their face and say
"lets get it on!!"

you take it slow and complement her. etc. also when she talks to you try and listern to what she is saying and dont look at her chest all the way through the conversation. LOL

oni x x

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Replying to the guy below spacedoubt...

There is some humor involved in it. Not making fun of her, I mean, but like other things that have happened to you, and then sometimes compliment.

I luckily am good at making people laugh. It is very useful to be able to make people laugh. (at least I have seen that, if your funny, girls will get closer... Realllllllly weird!)

By go mods I mean go Superman... I mean SuperMod! lol I have seen a guy where it said that
:gosupermods:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Ok, let's break down the High School Clicks...

A - the popular people, usually jocks, cheerleaders, and just charismatic people

B - the people who know and are acknowledged by group A, but primarily associate with other B's and some C's. this also includes the less poplular jocks, cheerleaders, and whatever other magnet program is at the school. This is the group I was in in high school.

C - those that are kind of outside of everything. they interact with some of those from B, but mostly other C's, and even some D's. This sounds like the group you are in.

D - these are those that are looked down upon. they include the really geeky geeks, uncool freaks (a few freaks will be in groups C and B), burnouts, etc. they usually only hang with other D's, and occassionally a C or two...

While this heiarchy only exists in their minds (as each member has the potential later in life to either make it or break it), it exists nonetheless. It's perfectly possible to move up or down in this heiarchy, just as it is in life after high school.

Using humor, if you connect with the right B crowd people, you could probably easily work your way firmly into the B crowd, just don't make that a "known" agenda. The "A" crowd is overrated, so don't worry about it...

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I was definitly a group c here, I wasn't picked on, I was somewhat respected, I was left alone, but didn't have many friends.

We didn't really have had jocks or cheerleaders at my school, it's just different than that in Holland, but we do got the soccer players, but women don't always bite for them, however they do like men with money, mopeds and later on cars.

I got kicked in group b later on, I was confused, didn't know how to fit in, all of the sudden all the girls were all over me, I was relatively popular, and I got confused, I left highschool close to me senior year, I was confused, depressed, I had a huge crush on a class C girl but she didn't know how to act around that, I was confused about that as well.

being in group C allows you to be in a relatively safe area, a grey area, without pressure.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I am definetley in C! Yeah! To me, C is like no where land.

In it includes, Friends that sort of like you but then laugh at ur mistakes. Tend to be really really big suckups to the 'powerful' people.

Friends that do like you but don't back you up. They tend to go with who ever is more powerful or funny. Neutral but similiar to ones mentioned above.

The worst, I call them allies, not personal friends, They lie to you, to get another of their friends to like them. Basically they lie to maintain social rank. They don't believe in aliens, but they are the ones that tend to become government MIBs. They think they are popular but don't tend to be favored by many. Unless they have made each person happy in a different way and then do nothing to the target. (Friend they r making fun of) They make alliances with people for a limited time and then brake it so they can hun't a person that was in the alliance. But, soon they have no one. Most likely to be Republicans. (if people argue I will give examplea)

So basically you don't have any true friends.

as it says in Gasroks example, we tend to talk with people from b and d. which I do. I know popular people and I am really good friends with em.

People don't realise this but, the people who are in C are the most likely to have social or political jobs. Because they talk with popular and unpopular. That is really cool thinking about it. Being in group C makes me feel like I'm in group A, knowing this.

I could become president.

new topics

top topics

join