It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got back from a FEMA Detainment Camp

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Has anyone ever searched for all of these detainment camps using
the google satellite images tool?
A govt set up camp is pretty easy to spot with the barricks lined up
etc..

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
wow, have you been back up there are there anyone in there staying. my thought is it may not really be for fema but for more of the nwo times when they come and take familys away.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The whole thing sounds to me like SECURITY at work. That's how we have been like ever since Shrub was elected to power.

Not allow to do this because it will lead to fire, that because it will lead to riot, surrounded by national guard and state troopers doing god knows what except to intimidate and control entire populations in a public area (ie no laws to protect them, since they are not on their own property)...

We could have done better with Mike Moore's ficus tree.

Do you have any media contacts? I could give you some information if you want to take this story and run with it, it might not make clear the mainstream media, but my god you got pure gold there for the independent media.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
What I remember from back then, with no imput from here: This would have been leisure time, and we didn't have any. I didn't get online that much.

We ran...and stayed up in a temp. shelter on Southwestern Louisiana University campus in while my brother and sis-in-law went off to her nanny's. We'd have had to go well to Arkansas to get a hotel. We left less than 24 hours before it hit, and becuase we to back routes, and not the main passageways, we were rarely caught in traffic, and had a rather relaxing journey with many pit stops and food breaks.

1. Red Cross temp. shelters were extremely restricted. You had to check in and out, so they could keep track of what they were paying for you. Security was all over the place...much of it campus security (campus security is actually a part of the state troopers, they are real cops, but their boundaries are restricted to school grounds.) They just assigned a few more pople to the campus. You got an arm band so that the campus kitchen could feed you. you were told to keep it on you, though they didn't force you to wear it. The campus was reimbursed.

2. We slept on mattresses on a basketball court. "Lights out " was called at 10. There were 2 locker rooms with showers...and while they were cleaned, they couldn't keep up with the volume. Most of those who couldn't sleep wandered around the halls, watching news reports. They didn't have enough volunteers; they couldn't keep up. Some of the "victims of the storm" like my father volunteered to help, just to keep busy, and to make sure the elderly actually got beds and blankets. They were rounding up extra mattresses from all over campus, and still people were pouring in.

3. There was no class distinction. Some pople were well to do. We had some very fancy cars parked out there that first night, next to junk buckets that you have no clue how they made it in. This was a complete leveler. You couldn't tell who had money, and you couldn't tell who would wait until you were on your own and mug you. For the most part, the latter was not worht worrying about. Those who wanted to steal stayed to rob stores and homes while the owners were away had stayed. Thoe who could afford to go look for a better shelter (either through money, friends, business, or church connections left as soon as they could. Still, someone stayed with my baby brother at all times (the boy's almost as big as me now).

I watched as the storm finally turned, as the weathermen had hoped, only 3 hours before it made landfall. By that time, if it hadn't turned, the brunt of the storm would have hit Houma, and my home would have been gone....then the eye would have been driectly over New Orleans, pulling both water in from the Mississippi and from Lake Pontchartrain, completely overhwelming the city. As it was, watching the levee break, and watching the water trickle in, hearing someone go, "My daddy lives x blocks from there; he wouldn't leave," I can remember thinking "Please God, let's save them, but if you're not going to allow them to be saved, quit tormenting these people and get it over with." That's when the gap in the levee widened, and all chances of saving anyone in the lower 9th ward ended. I still feel guilty for that...it makes me feel like I caused it. Not really reasonable, I know.

We left that shelter, to go home, after 2 days there. Most people would be out of that shelter within a week. They'd either be placed in camps, or they'd move to closer temp. shelters....like in my hometown: Houma....less than an hour from New Orleans.

Communication was crap for about 2 weeks or more. Power was out in some parts of Houma for 3 weeks, and we had barely any damage from Katrina...as Entergy services the whole region, and power source is closer to N.O. than it should be. Downtown Houma ran completely off it's own power within a day or 2. Nothing but Analogue phones could call out from the whole New Orleans area. During the early part of that week, the only reliable source of information was the radio stations.

Some things the day the Hurricane hit, and a few days afterward, things I can't remember in the order it happened:

One Parish President annexed his parish into another country on the hopes that it would get the govenrment down there quicker. He debassed himself for his people. Then there were the calls from those who were stuck in their attics (most we never got out), on top of their roofs, giving their addresses over the air, jsut to be pulled out.

Some idiot started a rumor that people were walking out of new Oreans and were comming with whatever weapons they could find, to take what they could from those who were more fortunate. People were stealing generators from people's yards, so people would bring them into their garage, and then the whole family would die from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Rumors got out about the facts of what had happened in the Superdome, and rumor was that they were being shipped all throughout Louisiana (pissed my father off because people didn't volunteer for fear of being beaten and raped...most of that type were not shipped here. We got their children. 2 yesr old kids who couldn't tell you what their mama's name was.)

Our Shelters:
Our shelters were temporary shelters. The Houma Civic Center had our own people who lived in 'da boon docks of the parish, and people who wanted to get back into New Orleans but couldn't find closer shelter. Nicholls State University had only the latter. The Lions Club was a private shelter in Gray had the families of the New Orleans police, and the police themselves, when they cound't take anymore (they were there because they'd be close to Troop C state police, and could feel more useful if they were close to their line of work). (Not sure htis is true: It was kind of funny when someone had called them to attention and asked for everone who had a gun on them to raise their hands. Almost every adult hand went up.) All 3 were mattresses on the floor of a giant room, with inadequate showering facilites. Cops were everywhere.

In one place, since Red Cross couldn't/wouldn't take volunteered food help, etc., they kicked the Red Cross out, and took care of their own. In our area they were more relaxed, so we had a lot of volunteers, some of the volunteer work became school work. The local storesdonated meat that they couldn't keep fresh. Others volunteered time to cook the food.

By the time Rita hit, we still had Katrina victims in our temporary shelters. Local schools and the Houma Civic center took in the southern end of the parish when the levees broke...we tried to move as many of the NO victims to NSU at that point.

Back to the kids we got: Many needed counseling, severely. They'd jsut start staring at the wall and wouldn't communicate. The girls would at least cry, but the boys wouldn't let go. I'm quite sure many never got help; there wern't enough counselors. I'm sure some of the kids are still in foster homes because the can't be placed, being the only survivors of a family. They were callign for foster homes like crazy. They didn't want unsupervised children in the temporary shelters...too easy for one to go missing.

You couldn't get to your money, in most cases, for several weeks becuase the records were in New Orleans, under water. Especially with Hibernia (now Capitol One). Still, we took care of ours, either with time (like my father) or money (like I had to, since I was needed to keep an eye on my baby brother or Grandma).

Wow, that was a bit more than I thought I would say....

My point was that most of these shelters, even where there was more freedom to interact, were severely inadequate and had law enforcement of some sort all over the place. These were never meant to be long term, and we got people into jobs and out of there as soon as we could. The elderly and those who refused to work to get back on their own two feet were sent to more permanant shelters, some no better than the temporary shelters.

[edit on 28-8-2006 by jlc163]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I am constantly amazed that during Katrina, all we heard was how the government wasn't doing enough to help the "victims", even that idiot Mayor Nagan taking the Lord's name in vain on TV. When the guvment finally did get it's act together and start implementing"the Plan", everyone started criticizing the response. Typical of the welfare state citizens and others who believe it is government's responsibility to meet all the needs we haven't prepared for ourselves. Kinda removes any personal responsibility for failed lives doesn't it?

I saw one post where the writer said something like the rich etc. had gotten themselves out, but the poor folks needed help. Well, I don't think those who got out were necessarily rich. All they really were was informed, motivated, and prepared. Even in today's mostly urbanized America, there are still many people who take responsibility for themselves and do not wait for the government to take care of everything for them.

I saw many people standing at the dome in NO who appeard able-bodied who were waiting for someone to come rescue them. Personally, if I was there and didn't have an Escalade to drive out, I would have WALKED out. No one Forced anyone to go there and stay there. There were several days of warnings that Katrina would be this bad. Why were these people still there anyway?

As for what happened at Falls Creek( a beautiful area to be in), if you expect the government to respond, then don't be surprised at the level of "control" encountered. Government agencies can only respond in such a manner. They are primarily concerned with the overall safety, security, and order of things. In such a massive response, some things must be overlooked.I know this nice lady and her family meant well, but you really can't let unexpected visits occur under such conditions.

If you don't want to be herded into the "camps" take it upon yourselves to be prepared to survive on your own. That's your only option.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
admiral, That's the message!...we all heard it load and clear. 'You're on your own.' The agency set up to deal with disasters has over 36,000 employees and only 3,600 assigned to disaster relief. What do the other 32,400 do?...FEMA in reality stands for the Federal Extermination of Middle-class America.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Wow I just read through most of this thread today (10/5) and I have to say I'm shocked and appalled at some of the actions by both the government as well as some of the posters here. I will post later with some specific responses when I have the time.

Two things that jump out at me.

1) Haliburton needed $400 million for 6,700 beds?!?! I know that includes support, etc ... but my family had lived on less than half of that per person figure of $59,700 per year for our entire lives. If I can see Red Cross DONATING disaster relief in earthquakes, why does it take Haliburton $400 million to create a camp? Complete and utter BS. Heck, screw all the support and the bed ... just give me the $59K and I'll live for 5 years better than I could in any camp for any length of time. And I could find a job and get out of the mess I'm in instead of being stuck under near-martial law.

2) People who claim that these camps necessitate controls and law enforcement, I don't disagree. But have you been to these camps? Have you had family members in these camps? I have had the latter. My uncle lost his home and even with our family's assistance needed to stay in a few camps a few weeks. He was a Gulf War vet and his exact words were "Iraq was a cakewalk compared with the necessary levels of survival skills and lack of freedoms in these camps." I don't think it's fair to judge what really is or isn't going on down there when you don't have at the very LEAST personal knowledge of what people are experiencing down there. Even my uncle's testimony alone doesn't give me the entire picture of what it's really like. Do some research people before you go posting your opinions. Posting an opinion on a matter that you don't know the facts about is no better than posting something you fabricate or posting something that is knowingly false.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
im a new user to this site i actually only made my account after i saw this post,unreal.yet wittnessed. Who knows how they will treat guest in the future that question the way they run it. Their are hundreds of camps being bulid around the coutry,most fit fot at least 20,000 each. Some can hold up to 2million-if you like this infomation check this out-

www.mindfully.org...

sry i will post the link i was looking for later icant find it.Bu that one s similar
the one i ws looking is apersonal experiance from a person trying to find out what they are for,many times threatened with arest but guard who could barley speak english.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
My uncle lost his home and even with our family's assistance needed to stay in a few camps a few weeks.

Hi Fiverz... why did your uncle need to stay in these camps?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I agree with admiralcia.

Too many people think the government should take care of all their needs. I saw nothing in Valhall's story to be unusual given today's "sue" happy America and typical bureaucratic red tape. Of course they're (government) going to exercise typically excess control to minimize any chances of sparking a lawsuit. I didn't read anywhere that people were being rounded up to stay there. Maybe I missed that, but I don't think so. If you volunteer to go you play by their rules. I'm not pro-government, quite the opposite, but I'm ex-military and I know how screwed up government policies can be.

The real people responsible for the aftermath disaster are Mayor Nagan first and foremost, then the Governor. Nagan should have been leading during the crisis instead of pointing his finger at everyone else but himself. To the people who picked up and left before or after the hurricane, I applaud you. Those who didn't, stop blaming everyone else. I understand some were physically unable to move on their own. It's those who are physically able to leave that stood around DEMANDING the government rescue them. Wandering around the Silver Dome like cattle. I remember watching the live coverage and turning to my wife and asking her, "Why don't they start walking?" I remember thinking how the rest of the world must be thinking how lazy americans are if the won't get up and walk away. When the Israeli bombing of Lebannon started, those people got up and started leaving. They didn't wait for the government to rescue them! They took responsibility for their own life! I fear too many americans don't take responsibility for their lives anymore. Sorry about the rant.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
TO ANYONE WHO DOUBTS VAL'S POSTING CLICK HERE FOR ANOTHER FEMA CAMP VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!! (WITH GAS CHAMBERS, WATCH TOWER, CAMERAS, BLACK HELICOPTERS, BARBED WIRE & ELECTRIC TURNSTILE ENTRANCES) YOU CAN'T DENY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

video.google.com...

"AGA GAS Inc. Sells mostly asphyxiation type gases...you can verify this by doing a search via dogpile for AGA GAS Inc. and the look for web site MDS and they will list the gases."

****CONCENTRATION/DETENTION CAMP OR "AMTRAK REPAIR STATION"??? YOU DECIDE!!***

-DG724

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
just watched the video -

inital thoughts.

Helicopter markings - not enough of them, i only saw one on the cables, which would more likely be there for a crane / cherry-picker operating at near the wires beside the antenna.

Wind socks for helicopter? doubt it, theres no other markings for a landing pad, and the deck looks like theres lots of loose chippings about, not good for helicopter engines. Looks a fairly dangerous area to operate a helicopter into. No red anti-collision light on top of antenna masts, and lots of obstructions. Possibly the worst helipad in the world.

Possibile other reason? Hazmat, any plant or storage facillity that stores dangerous chemicals or "hot" cargos will have wind-socks so fire crews know the direction of the prevailing wind during incidents, also not the loudspeaker or siren facing outwards, suggesting hazardous materials being kept on site.

Fences - disagree with the barbed wire comment, the wire was facing both sides, making fairly secure.

Military equipment, nothing new has been there for a while, suggests use a long while back, but nothing recent.

The antennas were civilian use VHF, probably railroad.

Massive boillers? massive sheds, the two go together. I would suggest that the building has been used to store something recently.

I think a bigger "smoking gun" would have been hard access to the site, or a hospital, or toilet facilites being built there.

I think so far this one is a non-starter in my eyes

edit for spulling

[edit on 22-10-2006 by ewan]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

"AGA GAS Inc. Sells mostly asphyxiation type gases...you can verify this by doing a search via dogpile for AGA GAS Inc. and the look for web site MDS and they will list the gases."

thats twisting the truth a little, most gases other than oxygen are asphyxiation type gases.
The are company based in Sweeden who do a great deal of industrial work, i belive they have just merged with BOC (one of the biggest gas comps in the world) to form "The Linde Group".

If the makers of the film wanted to prove what is in the tanks there would be a hazchem sign beside them, (a fact i would imagine they would be fully aware off). It could even be a high pressure air line for some industrial process.

Did the makers of the film ever actually prove who the site belonged too or did i miss that?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

When I worked for a pevious employer we bought our welding gas from AGA. Argon, oxygen & acetylene. They also supply area healthcare facilities with medical grade oxygen and nitrogen.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

My uncle lost his home and even with our family's assistance needed to stay in a few camps a few weeks.

He was in a situation where he was in the middle of relocating and the hurricane ended up (obviously) screwing up the sale of his home. It wasn't necessary for him to remain there (family members including myself offered to let him stay with us) but he had an attatchment to the area and wanted to deal with the insurance company and eventual move as soon as possible in person. Plus being a vet, he thought nothing of living for awhile in a supposed "safe haven" as described by FEMA. His experience was anything but what was promised to him.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
THE US GOVERNMENT EVICTION OF NIGGERS/WHITE TRASH

KATRINA THE MAN MADE STORM

THE PLAN FOR TREACHERY IS SIMPLE. Residents of New Orleans fled for their life. They obviously did not take along in a plastic bag the deed to their property. So now out-of-town and out-of-work, they do not have the funds to pay their property tax nor do they have their property identification code and number. Sixty six per cent of the population of New Orleans have been blacks, many impoverished, together with a sizeable number of poor whites,

So it will be simple for land swindlers like Halliburton and their gang of pirates to grab lots of land from the descendants of slaves or white indentured servants, bull-doze away the hurricane-wrecked houses, and build hotels and other structures to accompany a someday to be newly-enlarged whorehouse district in New Orleans.
disc.server.com...

Cliff Lindquist
Blogs:
Awakening of America
clifylq.livejournal.com...
The Most Dangerous Website/BLOG in America
supportbordercontrols.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

It wasn't necessary for him to remain there (family members including myself offered to let him stay with us)

Thank you for helping me to prove the point I have been trying to make all along this LONG thread!

As first you said he "needed" to stay there.

Upon further examination we find that "it wasn't necessary" for him to stay there.

He chose to stay there. Just like all the other people (with the few exceptions of people in hospitals and nursing homes who could not walk on their own.)

Everyone had the same warning to leave well in advance. Those who chose not to should not complain about the services (or lack of services) that were available after the disaster.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i was in hurricane katrina. and my parents which are 50 and 60 are living in a trailer were you have to have no criminal record to get into the trailer park. but in the trailer park most of the people living in them were on drugs.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
As posted about before, those who were able bodied and tried to walk out were fired at by police. The bridge leading to the nearby town was blocked off by police and those approaching the bridge were shot at. Police even stole/confiscated water and food from the people who were setting up camps, trying to survive.

Plus, those who were there were already suffering from dehydration. Walking miles to another town in 80 to 100 degree heat would just dehydrate them faster.

So long as the government sends aid to other countries, there is no excuse for it to allow its citizens to slowly dehydrate to death.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I live about an hour from Davis, Okla. Think I'll swing out that way over the holiday weekend and see what's up now that Katrina is over.
We had the same thing back in the 70's with the Vietnamese "boat people" that got "distributed" throughout the U.S. They were detained, deloused, checked out and "seeded" throughout Oklahoma (and other places). For the first few days after one family moved 2 doors down from us, we'd come home after school and find my mother's breeder chow (she raised chow chow dogs) staked out in the neighbor's yard with a bonfire going and a big kettle on a tripod. The neighbor said, "dog fat enough. we eat now."
Took a few days to get her to understand that we don't eat our dogs here. So you see, there's more to keeping detainees/refugees in a secure location than just nefarious intentions. If any of you have ever been to New Orleans you'd admit that it's a different culture down there. As far as I know, they don't eat dogs but a bit of inculturation may be in order. (They do suck shrimp heads after all)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join