It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got back from a FEMA Detainment Camp

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I do not have anything left to say in this thread. We had the opportunity to get direct answers on the concerns I raised. That opportunity got chased off.

Mr. Ed gave the government's reasons for the policies. Those reasons were different than what was told to us at the camp. The reasons he gave don't sit well with me, but they make more sense than trying to prevent "these people" from rioting. If the government feels they need to protect these people from US - that's better than acting like they need to control these people because they are bad. I have no problem accepting Mr. Ed's explanation as to why the policies were put in place. The more major concerns I had that regarded restriction of civil rights weren't answered. But that's the way it goes when people decide to act like brainless animals and chase some one off who is attempting to cooperate.

I'm not going to deal in any further speculation on this situation. This whole week has been a very nerve-racking experience for me with me feeling torn between whether I was doing right in trying to protect my identity, versus "legitimizing" my account with mainstream media, etc. I can tell you that speaking up for your concerns on a matter like this can be a great appetite suppressant - just in case any of you are looking to drop a few pounds. It will also make your hands shake.

There are no occupants at Falls Creek and it doesn't appear there will be, which is a very different situation than the night I wrote the story... so there is really no point in endless speculation at this point. There's no question at this point whether anyone is about to have their civil rights restricted at Falls Creek. They aren't. They're not coming.

[edit on 9-12-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
They're not coming.

sorry...

but, why aren't they???

thanks...

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Valhall! Do not give up! Our country needs concerned citizens like you! You opened a box of worms for all to see. If we all wear blinders and turn the other way, what would happen? It's people like you that have and will make our country strong! I now can see what I couldn't before! As I am sure many more have!

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Valhall..
Take heart in that it is very possible the reason Falls Creek isn't going to be used as a Detainment camp is because you exposed their plan.
Just curious, but have you been back there since they decided not to use it?

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
A comment to FredT and BillyBob, and anybody who doesn't know.........We where we EVER free, U.S.A. was NEXT free, ever, it was born a secret nation smoke screened by the illusion of freedom, do u REALLY know hat the statue of liberty means....??????? It means Anythin but land of the free and home of the brave.......more like land of secrets and home of the fooled ensalved. The statue is a Giant torch, the sig of the Free Masons, it means not Land of the Free it means So u think you are free? To ValHall and others.....revalations speaks of people not being able to buy or sell without his name or number on there hand or forehead, perhaps this is next at this concentration camp u visited, or perhaps this is Bush controling all oil, or perhaps is something havn't thought of yet. Bush is the 3rd and final anti-Christ....hard to except....? I'm 95% of the way beleivng he is, eveyday the man becomes closer to fufilling the measure of the anti-Christ, www.bushisantichrist.com , look at it seriously, Revelations 13:17-13:18, Basically this name is of man and it's number is 666, 666 is confused with the Devil, the Devil's number is really 613, 666 in the bible STATES that 666 is man's number. Basically 666 is a code for a man's name, use the Jewish Hebrew letter numeric system where every letter has an equivalent, or the Pythagorean System, or the Chaldean System an lets not forget the ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information Interchange. All 4 systems has George Walker Bush equivalent to the number 666, Revalations 13 starts out about the US and it's last 10 presidents being the 10 horns and being crowned and so on, this is all happening now, Revalations, read it, it is coming, Fema...........I'm repulsed by them, look into these links on the 9/11 attack if you want to know how good Fema REALLY is. Please watch them.

part 1
Video Link

part 2
Video Link 2

part 3
Video Link 3

Plus all the nautral disasters happened, happing, and getting ready to happen, super volcanos and earthquakes etc. Let's not forget the Earthquake of Dec. in 2005, Oops I forgot that one hasn't happend yet, but what about that war that started back in 2006, wait.......darn it that one didn't happen yet either.....but it will. Maybe on June 6, 2006 ,( again Bush's number, look at the date , (666), :-( Frighterned just a little), WWIII folks, we are close now, oh and lets not forget EQ-Pegasi.........I got the very time on this, Dec. 21, 10:58a.m. 2012. 7 years or life as we know it, Enjoy while u can, be ready. U need to have I Am in your heart, u must beleive. Some da you are going to die, just something to think about. Questions, want more, then ask me. I see what else I got.

Sincerely; Samurai of I Am

[edit on 13-9-2005 by Samurai_of_I_Am]

[edit on 13-9-2005 by Nerdling]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Jack Kelly: No shame
The federal response to Katrina was not as portrayed
Sunday, September 11, 2005

It is settled wisdom among journalists that the federal response to the devastation wrought by Hurricane Katrina was unconscionably slow.

Jack Kelly is national security writer for the Post-Gazette and The Blade of Toledo, Ohio ([email protected], 412-263-1476).

"Mr. Bush's performance last week will rank as one of the worst ever during a dire national emergency," wrote New York Times columnist Bob Herbert in a somewhat more strident expression of the conventional wisdom.

But the conventional wisdom is the opposite of the truth.

Jason van Steenwyk is a Florida Army National Guardsman who has been mobilized six times for hurricane relief. He notes that:

"The federal government pretty much met its standard time lines, but the volume of support provided during the 72-96 hour was unprecedented. The federal response here was faster than Hugo, faster than Andrew, faster than Iniki, faster than Francine and Jeanne."

For instance, it took five days for National Guard troops to arrive in strength on the scene in Homestead, Fla. after Hurricane Andrew hit in 1992. But after Katrina, there was a significant National Guard presence in the afflicted region in three.

Journalists who are long on opinions and short on knowledge have no idea what is involved in moving hundreds of tons of relief supplies into an area the size of England in which power lines are down, telecommunications are out, no gasoline is available, bridges are damaged, roads and airports are covered with debris, and apparently have little interest in finding out.

So they libel as a "national disgrace" the most monumental and successful disaster relief operation in world history.

I write this column a week and a day after the main levee protecting New Orleans breached. In the course of that week:

More than 32,000 people have been rescued, many plucked from rooftops by Coast Guard helicopters.

The Army Corps of Engineers has all but repaired the breaches and begun pumping water out of New Orleans.

Shelter, food and medical care have been provided to more than 180,000 refugees.

Journalists complain that it took a whole week to do this. A former Air Force logistics officer had some words of advice for us in the Fourth Estate on his blog, Moltenthought:

"We do not yet have teleporter or replicator technology like you saw on 'Star Trek' in college between hookah hits and waiting to pick up your worthless communications degree while the grown-ups actually engaged in the recovery effort were studying engineering.

"The United States military can wipe out the Taliban and the Iraqi Republican Guard far more swiftly than they can bring 3 million Swanson dinners to an underwater city through an area the size of Great Britain which has no power, no working ports or airports, and a devastated and impassable road network.

"You cannot speed recovery and relief efforts up by prepositioning assets (in the affected areas) since the assets are endangered by the very storm which destroyed the region.

"No amount of yelling, crying and mustering of moral indignation will change any of the facts above."

"You cannot just snap your fingers and make the military appear somewhere," van Steenwyk said.

Guardsmen need to receive mobilization orders; report to their armories; draw equipment; receive orders and convoy to the disaster area. Guardsmen driving down from Pennsylvania or Navy ships sailing from Norfolk can't be on the scene immediately.

Relief efforts must be planned. Other than prepositioning supplies near the area likely to be afflicted (which was done quite efficiently), this cannot be done until the hurricane has struck and a damage assessment can be made. There must be a route reconnaissance to determine if roads are open, and bridges along the way can bear the weight of heavily laden trucks.

And federal troops and Guardsmen from other states cannot be sent to a disaster area until their presence has been requested by the governors of the afflicted states.

Exhibit A on the bill of indictment of federal sluggishness is that it took four days before most people were evacuated from the Louisiana Superdome.

The levee broke Tuesday morning. Buses had to be rounded up and driven from Houston to New Orleans across debris-strewn roads. The first ones arrived Wednesday evening. That seems pretty fast to me.

A better question -- which few journalists ask -- is why weren't the roughly 2,000 municipal and school buses in New Orleans utilized to take people out of the city before Katrina struck?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This link was passed to me with the request that I post this.

The following video link is on Oklahoma's kfor.com. The partial transcript below is where the woman is describing being in a particular shelter prior to coming to Oklahoma.

newsok.com.../main

partial transcript:

Taylor and her husband were shuttled from shelter to shelter. "It was actually horrible. Because they had dead bodies and everything else laying in the walkways and stuff. And they put us in like a dormitory cell. We couldn't leave and half the time we didn't have no water..."

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hey valhall, I agree, don't give up. Your intelligence and passion is an asset to the country.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Hey valhall, I agree, don't give up. Your intelligence and passion is an asset to the country.

Yeah - I can single-handedly cause the greatest pop-tart conspiracy on the face of the earth.

I'm sure that's got to be high on the country's asset list.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hey valhall,
I'm not sure I get that last post. I wasn't trying to be a wise guy, I meant it. I wasn't mocking you or trying to be funny

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
Hey valhall,
I'm not sure I get that last post. I wasn't trying to be a wise guy, I meant it. I wasn't mocking you or trying to be funny

No, I was mocking me. lol

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Valhall/Lieberman in 2008

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Regardless or not wherever I agree with you on everything, I must say I do admire your dedication and the obvious fact that no matter what, you sincerely care about your fellow humans.

I'm not trying to suck up or anything, I have been thinking just now (and the rooms full of smoke because of it) and I found that at no point can I say that I thought you were trying to cause any harm to anyone.
I think a few times in my head I forgot that important fact and irrelevant to how you me or anyone else thinks the worlds problems should be solved that is the crucial aspect of the whole thing.

And for that I humbly commend you and I know it's hard slog for you at the moment but keep your chin up and keep going regardless of what anyone says otherwise (including me)! As long as you don't forget to stay reasonable and open (which I don't think you will) you can mainly do good I think!

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Val,

You will always have my respect for reporting what you saw at the Falls Creek Camp. You did the right thing. If no one is residing there, it is probably because your account of what you saw there was so widely read that whatever FEMA planned to do would've been too heavily scrutinized by the public. It appears that your questions aren't going to be answered and neither will mine. I agree with the others. People like you who step up and take a stand will keep America strong for the people.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
There are a lot of different ways to put this puzzle together. Here I take the known facts( pieces) we have and SPECULATE about how they might logically fit together.

There were THREE real justifications the authorities could have employed to carry out forced relocation and imprisonment(If that is what they indeed wanted).
1."REBELLION".
2."LOOTING"
3."DISEASE"

And, It seems to me every thing was in place to achieve at least one of the three. To the point that JUST DAYS BEFORE KATRINA HIT A NEW LAW WAS PASSED MAKING "LOOTING" DURING A STATE OF EMERGENCY A THREE YEAR, NO PAROLE OFFENSE.

Then SOMEBODY (ACTUALLY, EVERYBODY AT EVERY LEVEL OF AUTHORITY) CONCIOUSLY CHOSE NOT TO EVACUATE THE POOREST (ALMOST ENTIRELY BLACK) SEGMENT OF THE POPULATION, leaving the city for all practical purposes populated with nobody except "society's burdensome members". The poor, the illiterate, the retarded, the blind, the elderly, the sick, the imprisoned, the criminals not imprisoned, and all their even further dependant babies and children.

The 1987 Miami Hearald article exposed documented proof of a Federal plan back then to forcibly relocate 21 million "negros" if they could be accused of "rebellion". So such an idea is not one our leaders have never considered employing. It is NOT UNTHINKABLE (except to American citizens) to our government.

The justification of "disease" is more of a problematical tar baby to employ. Instead of the normal public reaction to lock away and forget lawbreakers, "diseased" becomes "poor sick" and DRAWS public attention and concern for the "innocent, ill" people.Just the kind of attention to the camps that the authorities would not want.

UNLESS the "diseased" are attributed to having something communicable, or something NEW, a health THREAT to the rest of the population, but if that story is used, AGAIN, it would DRAW the public's attention to the camps, out of fear that these "infected" "carriers" might somehow escape or spread their alleged dire malady to the rest of us.

So all they had to do was not maintain the levees, let New Orleans continue to sink and wait for the INEVITABLE DISASTER their experts had advised them, AND THEY ABSOLUTELY KNEW awaited New Orleans. Then, the objective, "Rebellion and/or Looting" were the inevitable product of rounding up the undesirables and penning them up without food and water for nearly a week.

Rebellion could be falsely attributed by merely attributing EVERY sound of a gunshot to an attack on authorities. (And, more sounds of gunshots COULD be arranged if what occurred under the deliberately dire circumstance seemed insufficient to justify further witholding aid to the people) We did personally watch a live news coverage where police fearfully barricaded in their station ATTRIBUTED and ASSUMED every gunshot they merely HEARD to be an "attack on us". Their response?
Fire blindly into the dark towards the welfare housing where they were sure the shot was fired. They had no idea what man woman or child THEY may have shot in the darkness or even that the shot was not someone defending their home, they just ASSUMED all gunshots they heard to be attacks on police. God help anyone shooting a water moccasin threatening them. I concede some police who tried to stop the frenzy their elected leaders had generated in the city risk their life doing so and some WERE killed. Others recognizing they and the poor were "set up', and the impossible circumstance that THEY TOO were put in by their leaders, more wisely stepped back and simply tried to keep anyone from getting hurt during the melee.

Unfortunately for the powers that be who wanted to remake New Orleans into a Southern version of RENO, without the "undesirable element" and without the business expense of buying them out and relocating them. Let the Feds do that at taxpayer expense. The developers then inherit and bulldoze the prime development real estate once occupied by New Orleans impoverished, and reap a enormous return on a now much less expensive investment venture. All the while demanding the taxpayers construct new dikes for the wealthier classes to occupy the new rebuilt city, dikes comparable to the engineering used in DUTCH sea walls .

But they waited too many years. In came the internet, too many reporters. too many voices and witnesses, Digital cameras, camera phones, instant messaging, bloggers, too hard to manage public opinion and perception. In come people like valhall throwing light and questions on preparations that were NOT meant to be examined closely. People gathering evidence about relief and rescue turned away, supplies and fuel seized, Communications equipment DELIBERATELY delayed by forcing it to come by bus instead of plane starting its trip from California on the third day after the "cane" hit.

Sound like a Fantastic conspiracy theory? Possibly. But a plausible one. It remains to be seen if a probable one. When public opinion did NOT support the government severly hammering down a vicious "rebellion"(as they thought they would), but instead started probing the WHY's of all this strange, unusual government OBSTRUCTION of relief to disaster victims, the powers that be suddenly woke up to the realization that the "jig was up", the plan only partially successful and the prime task left to COVER THE ASSES OF THE CULPABLE at the top and behind the curtain, pulling all the strings on the whole event. The "mission", Falls Creek and others like it were jettisoned and the new spin and PR focus to make the whole thing appear to be a simple confusion of overlapping authorities, mismanagement and SNAFU primarily at the lowest level possible starting with blaming the victim and on to targeting the incompetant boob selected and installed (Head of FEMA) to take the fall if inquiry got too heated.

Something to mull over, anyway. Could turn out like the rash of "suicides" we see happening to micro biologists. Suicide, lotta that going around, especially among government people who know too much, must be contagious, eh?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Now that is the most plausible explanation of events I've heard yet. I'm really curious to see the reactions your speculative comments generate among the members. I'm sure some will denounce it as the rantings of a paranoid conspiracy theorist, but I do not. You've taken known information and pieced it together into a plausible theory on what happened. There are links to publicly available information in the "Call for Katrina Research Project" thread that support your theory.

Val shed some light on something they didn't want seen or heard by the general public. Who knows what else will be "accidently found out" and exposed. Bush taking responsibility and replacing the FEMA director won't stop the questions from being asked. There are too many reporters and camera crews in New Orleans reporting on things for them to hide everything. Something is bound to surface.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm impressed by ainitfunny's post too.

You have voted ainitfunny for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Originally posted by Mirlin11
Val shed some light on something they didn't want seen or heard by the general public. Who knows what else will be "accidently found out" and exposed. Bush taking responsibility and replacing the FEMA director won't stop the questions from being asked. There are too many reporters and camera crews in New Orleans reporting on things for them to hide everything. Something is bound to surface.

Unfortunately, it's my belief things won't surface as i strongly believe the media is owned by the government.

i speak as a (nearly 10-year) past employee of a major newspaper in the UK and i saw how things were pulled from stories just as they were going to print while i worked there. (those stories are besides the point of Valhall's article, but just to say i have witnessed how notices from governments to censor articles are pulled.)

i continue to be grateful to Valhall for her reportage.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am just jumping in, read only the first 4 pages. I live near McKinney, Texas. I found out our so called new long term shelter at the old Walmart on 380 has 50 people left and they plan to close it down. I also understand the ones left are the ones not trying to help themselves or hoodlums...etc..
Anyway. I was thinking. Maybe these camps are in place for those types of people? Not that I am saying that it is right or wrong, but maybe it has been held out for the left overs who will not help for themselves, or have records.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well, what do you know, some of what I suspected is coming out.

Here is a quote from a Knight-Ridder newspaper investigation report:

The Chertoff memo indicates that the response to Katrina wasn't left to disaster professionals, but was run out of the White House, said George Haddow, a former deputy chief of staff at FEMA during the Clinton administration and the co-author of an emergency management textbook.

"It shows that the president is running the disaster, the White House is running it as opposed to Brown or Chertoff," Haddow said. Brown "is a convenient fall guy. He's not the problem really. The problem is a system that was marginalized."
www.realcities.com...

[edit on 14-9-2005 by ainitfunny]

[edit on 15-9-2005 by ainitfunny]

Ram

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Falls Creek - Might just be a temporay station.

Number 53 -

Maybe we should not worry, if they get a job or food 2 or 3 times a day.

Maybe the plan - as for Mr.Ed - are simply to make sure the victims of the hurrican Katrina are taken care of - And made sure they all ready to go for the Labour-Camp - Where they can have a "job" - And FEMA meals...

Im sure no-one are told. If indeed - Cabin 53 are just a temporay station - Not even the guards would know - They just do their jobs with the best intentions.
And why did the guard let Mrs.Val inside the compound 53 ? - Maybe this guard know almost as little as we do.

If indeed their is a big FEMA-plan - I don't really think you hand out the whole cleansing plan to a guardsman.

The Guardmans orders would be much more simpel than that! - Lets say - (this will not happend) - Giving him an order to keep all out! - Cause we gonna wipe out these people tha't will come to Cabin-53 - We gonna tag them - Number them - Before we send them to the "Work makes you free" camp... In the name of NWO.

You see - We get 40 each time - And we just get them on a list before we send them to the real camp - we might even - put a small microchip inside them -

So FEMA can track them on the way to the next stop. (Does FEMA have Sattelites in any way...?) -

And by the way - if they leave - They won't come back - ever! (i wonder why)..

And if they are already tagged with the small implant before entering the real camps - then we will have no or less trouble of putting them to the work-shift - when they arrive - to the barbedwired camp - Will we?

We will take care of it - we are problem solvers - Remember?

And why don't we talk about it in the media - Even though you little people can't sleep at night - cause you worry about it...?

Simple : It's so secret - we can't talk about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any way im new in this forum - i have been reading about all your worries - i just wan't to point out - that the bright-minded son said "welcome to Nazi germany" - not krakow!

Sometimes we people see the truth - but we tend to forget it - and we walk on as if nothing happend - to us.

I think the government are really considerable glad - tha't non of you thourght that such a place as church number 53 - could just be a temporay station before shipping people to the real camp.

So my question is:
Are there any real - barbewired camps - near falls creek? - Within a 80miles radius - ? that is the issue.

Can't you see it ?

I have no futher comments - Ram -

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join