It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Katrina: Al Qaeda leader in Iraq sees ”start of US collapse”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Al Qaeda group in Iraq, which is led by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, on Sunday praised in an Internet statement what it said was the "start of the collapse" of the United States after the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina.

"Congratulations to the Islamic nation, to our sheikh Osama abu Abdullah (Osama bin Laden) and to sheikh Ayman Zawahiri (bin Laden's deputy) for the destruction of America, which is at the forefront of evil. It is the start of its collapse."

The statement was referring to the hurricane which left some 10,000 dead.

In recent days, Islamists website connected between the storm and the "US war against Islam." According to them, Katrina was sent by God to torment the American empire.

Al Qaeda leader in Iraq sees ”start of US collapse”

Well if that is the way these fools think, I sure wish I could send a message to them...... :bird-finger: Osama! and your chump Zawahiri.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
As usual these fools are forgetting to read their history books ... the hurricaine in Galveston Texas in 1901 was at least this bad. Probably worse. I haven't seen the 10,000 figure confirmed anywhere yet.

Certainly the event in New Orleans is not the worst natural distaster we've ever seen, and will certainly not be the last natural distaster we will ever see ... interesting that while they seem to attempt to take credit for the hurricaine (Allah, I suppose, was responsible!) they chose NOT to take credit for the Tsunami ... I wonder who was in charge of that one?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
The statement was referring to the hurricane which left some 10,000 dead.

This isnt an exact number. They ran some type of computer simulation and came up with that number. So in other words its the same as us saying there are about 3,000 or something people dead.

Kinda like they did on 9/11, saying there were 5000+ people dead, but we werent sure.

I also think we will not be told the actual number of people who have died... There is going to be alot of secrecy down there. They are making police and Fire and EMS workers go off the job soon.

[edit on 9/6/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I saw the interview with the mayor about the fire and ems going off scene. There's a very good reason for them going off scene. They're facing total burnout. The decision for them to go off scene was made by the mayor. He doesn't want them to get totally burned out and be useless for a long time while they have to go through therapy.

cjf

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well if that is the way these fools think...[snip]

They don't sing too many different songs on the 'short bus'.

new topics

top topics

join