Female survivors urged to flash breasts for help!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Rescuers told gals on rooftops to 'show us what you've got'

Female survivors of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans were urged by government rescuers to flash their breasts in order to receive help in the immediate aftermath of the storm.

That according to English tourists who are now just returning to the United Kingdom, relating their horror stories to British media.

flash breasts for help

Well I for one hope this is not true, it would be just awful if it was. Being New Orleans that still is no excuse. I would like a confirmation on this one, she doesn't fit the bill either.....but lets see.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

That according to English tourists who are now just returning to the United Kingdom, relating their horror stories to British media

Ouch, Ed....Nice way to mangle a nations identity there!

English tourists, from the UK, talking to British Media.......nice

Can't find any talk of this anywhere else though, and I fread to think that lady flashing her breasts......>urrrgh

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Here is there interview on BBC:

After looters had broken into New Orleans' Ramada Hotel, bus driver Ged Scott, 36, of Liverpool - stranded with his wife Sandra, 37, and their seven-year-old son, Ronan - had waded waist-deep through the filthy water to barricade the hotel's doors, he told BBC News.

I could see bodies floating in the water

Ged Scott

Watch the interview

"It was like wading through an open sewer.

"It reeked to high heaven and made you want to vomit.

"Outside I could see bodies floating in the water."

Mr Scott told BBC News he had ripped wires attached to speakers from the walls of the flooded hotel bar and tied tables and chairs together as makeshift barricades.

Hotel guests had already managed to chase one group of looters from the building, he added.

They had then taken turns patrolling the hotel's corridors with a torch, Mr Scott told BBC News.

And a link to their interview is just underneath...

BBC

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
"That according to English tourists who are now just returning to the United Kingdom, relating their horror stories to British media."

that is a direct cut & paste from the link referenced. dont shoot the messenger, worldnetdaily are the ones to mangle their identities...go figure

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Mardi Gras is/was in New Orleans. Breast flashing is common there anyway.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
it real seems sad IF this were to have happened. no matter if they are party animals

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
For some reason, I very much doubt that this happened. I'd wait for confirmation from more people.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faust
Mardi Gras is/was in New Orleans. Breast flashing is common there anyway.

Even if this did happen, and only as a joke, whomever is doing the asking is taking time to ask the question and wait for the response. This is a mere matter of seconds, but this is a freaking emergency! Time is a valuable resource, especially when you're mainly working in daylight. This sort of sexual innuendo, "show us what you got" mentality has no place in the given situation and is disgraceful to even think about.

Anyways people who are rescuing people should not say anything of the sort, as it makes them look as if they're trying to take advantage of the situation.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Just to point out, they never said anything in that interview about being "asked to flash their breasts".

As usual, Worldnet Daily has turned out to be a bunch of crock.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
We have a link, photos of the couple involved in the incident, first hand reports, and all this from a respected news source (the BBC no less), and yet people still can't accept it or are trying to say it was a "joke", this in a city where thousands may have drownded.

Classic denial.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Before Katrina: Flash breasts, get beads.
After Katrina: Flash breasts, get help.

I'd take my chances before I stoop to doing that, personally.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Actually in one of the news coverages my husband spotted a lady that was in a window and looked like she had her breast exposed.

I told him that it could not be true, but then again I got to see it with my own eyes, to me looked like a large man with breast.

The news didn't show the clip anymore so I guess I will never know if it was a large female or a large male with big breast.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If ANY rescue worker is doing such an act down there while doing thier "job", then I pity them once their supervisor finds out. It would surpirse me if the people doing it were from West Va.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Just to point out, they never said anything in that interview about being "asked to flash their breasts".

As usual, Worldnet Daily has turned out to be a bunch of crock.

Ok people, listen up, as I will only say this once!

Check the video of the couple interviewed, the exact same couple that WorldNet Daily is saying this breast flashing thing....

They do not mention it AT ALL...WND is making it up! Again!

God, I wish people would listen.....

[edit on 8/9/05 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T
We have a link, photos of the couple involved in the incident, first hand reports, and all this from a respected news source (the BBC no less), and yet people still can't accept it or are trying to say it was a "joke", this in a city where thousands may have drownded.

Classic denial.

dude, have you actually checked the BBC source? No...

It is not mentioned anywhere on the BBC, nor is it mentioned in the interview with this couple. Check the friggin source before spouting off.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hmmm, "Show us what you got." Think maybe they mean guns? Bombs? Knives/machettes? Maybe they are making sure they aren't going to be shot the second they get there? Or maybe they mean people, show us what you got, as in how many people/kids/whoever.

Since it doesn't say flash breasts anywhere in the article I am lead to believe they meant either guns/weapons or people/kids.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T

Classic denial.

dude, have you actually checked the BBC source? No...

It is not mentioned anywhere on the BBC, nor is it mentioned in the interview with this couple. Check the friggin source before spouting off.

And we all know the BBC is the mother of all media who reports nothing but facts. According to you we can cross-check any source against the BBC to make sure it did or did not happen? Get real.. and you wonder why people don't listen to you while you're "spouting off".

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
And in all defense to Americans, how do we know those people arent lying?
I'm not saying it didnt happen, but sometimes, especially on vacation, people exagerate so they have big tall stories to tell.

Look at them. They look like perverts.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   

quoted by Shroomery
And we all know the BBC is the mother of all media who reports nothing but facts. According to you we can cross-check any source against the BBC to make sure it did or did not happen? Get real.. and you wonder why people don't listen to you while you're "spouting off".

Well, when WND actually quotes that very same, bloody interview as its source, that does not in any way mention "flashing breasts", then I think I have the right, if not the duty, to point out that it is utter bollocks.

Cross check away, but when they say their source is this exact same interview which contains nothing of the sort, then it is again proved that WND is a pile of dog crap.

Once your here for a while, you will know that Ed will religiously post alopt of crap of WND and state it as cold, hard, irrefutable fact. Most (if not all the time) it is proved to be bollocks.

EDIT: Just goes to show that some people will believe anything they are told without checking the facts.

Shroomery, please, in your infinite wisdom, show me a report (not from WND or the BBC) showing this couple stating that the woman had to flash her breasts. That is what WND are claiming. they, on their "report" actually linked (as well had a photo of) the interview on the BBC of this couple, which mentioned nothing about "flashing" and actually heaped praise on the rescuers.

Did you watch the interview with this couple WND are claiming said this....Obviously not.

So, if you want to "cross-check" and verify these claims, fire away.

EDIT 2: I have just re-read the WND report and compared it to what the two English tourists actually said and nothing, I repeat NOTHING that WND claims they said was ACTUALLY said by the couple. In fact, most of it contradicts what the couple said and they have many basic facts wrong about the whole story.

[edit on 10/9/05 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Flashing your breast will never hinder your chances of being rescued. I can never imagine a situation in which a stranded woman flashes her breast and someone would pass her up based on the fact that her shirt is slightly inverted. Maybe you would say something like 'Hey, look at that lady...she must really like the sun'

top topics

<<   2 >>

join