It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking Back Over The Last Few Years, There Have Been More Coincidences Than Usual....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I know that from what I have read, technically I suppose all of this could have been planned, but logically and realistically, I do not really think that it was all pulled off on purpose.

However, it seems to me to be quite a coincidence that every time something happens that makes Bush look bad, or something (like the war in Iraq) is getting too much bad publicity, suddenly something totally new comes along and takes over the media, and the attention of the people from what was the big story the week before.

For instance: Oh, I don't know how far to go back, but let's see......."Abu Girab(sp?)". Horrendous photos of prisoner abuse by U.S. Military were released by the media. Everyone was appalled that our own could be that barbaric. That was over all the media for about a week, until something even more horrible came along. This time, an attrocity supposedly commited by "Al Zirkawi" (he quietly disapeared from the media some time ago). He appeared to have beheaded an American, Nick Berg. We all heard about it, most of us watched the video. It was quite the story of the week then.

Then came along.....It's hard to remember the sequence, but some other things that consumed the news, more kidnappings, more beheadings, U.S. invading Fallujah, the Tsunami in Indonesia. Following that, the somewhat strange close alliance between Clinton and Bush, Sr.

A while later, Natalie Holloway in Aruba (a very lengthy, drawn out story), a "run-away-bride", more, etc.....

Then, recently, Cincy Sheehan and her anti-war protest. That was all consuming on the media, right up until hurricane Katrina hit, New Orleans was flooded, terrible reports coming from there about the horrors that the citizens were experiencing, immediately then bringing questions about who's to blame, etc......

Anyway, I hope that even though I didn't have all the stories in order, and I probably missed a lot, you guys understand my point. Which is that it seems as if everytime Bush is starting to look really bad, there is a diversion, and suddenly for a while, the war is all but forgotten, (in the mainstream media, I mean).

What about Karl Rove and his alleged giving up the identity of a CIA undercover operative?

What about the Downing Street Memo, then right after that, a "huge", long and dragged out story about a Koran flushing at Gitmo? On and on.

There is always a diverson. Like I say, I am not claiming that all of these things, especially the natural disasters, were all planned as diversions I do not think that they were. But they were all there. Man made, nature made, small stories turned into long drawn out ones, etc.... etc......

What is Gong On?
Conspiracy or Coincidence?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Media is nothing more than a way to get us all to think about the same issues and not the open our eyes to the real truth about this world... major networks always have the SAME god damn story or headline, newpapers are just as worse, independant news has become litteraly illegal so we cannot just talk about whatever we want we have to follow certain "regulations" on what we see on t.v... now think about it? why do they lie to us on a global basis? they have hidden agendas that they dont want us to expose, think of the Problem-Reaction-Solution technique the government has been using over and over to get their plans accomplished.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
And here we sit and criticize China and its state-run media, when ours isn't much different.

So much for freedom of the press.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Arent newspapers and media supposed to fill in the blanks between the ads anyway. Since when has actual reporting been a priority? The stuff i see getting air time on CNN sometimes is just ridiculous.

Who cares if August 21 is the 233rd day of the year and there are 142 days left?????

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
All you mention was all one large diversion to distract us away from OJ Simpson.

Seems to have worked too. He's still rich and out golfing, dispite filing bankruptcy and possibly commiting murder.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I remember the same thing being said about the war in serbia comming on the heels of the monica lewinski fiasco. It would not surpise me if the timetable of planned events is sometimes speeded up due to unforseen problems.

Of course back in those days a non-UN supported war that aided a known islamic terrorist group was not something people protested. Like I heard someone say; Bombs marked with a D (democrat) are good, bombs marked with an R are bad..

Edit:forgot to check spelling

[edit on 9/6/2005 by ViolatoR]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
All you mention was all one large diversion to distract us away from OJ Simpson.

Seems to have worked too. He's still rich and out golfing, dispite filing bankruptcy and possibly commiting murder.

Hahahahahahahah How very true!

Oh, and don't forget, stealing satellite.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Cyber, yes. For every criminal action there is a more grandiose reaction.

You're not imagining it at all. Never in the history of the United States have there been so many consequences, consequences that help silence the hot topic of the day, replacing it with a more dramatic and more overwhelming problem. Usually, the laws of nature do not work that way.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
To me this in not a coincidence, think about this even, the goverment can hide anything it wants, it controls the media basicly, has a history of not telling the truth, when ever bush gets in trouble something saves him (and I dont think its his prayers) I want to see Karl Rove on trial for giving the name of a CIA oprative, I want all of these conspiracies to come to the public. But as we all know our system is based on a fragle fabric of lies and most people arnt ready for the truth. We saw how shocked they were when we interagated the "terrorests" (some are some arnt.) They were almost like (I am going to get very stereotypical right now shield your eyes
) "Oh my god, how could we do something like that, our boys were like savages beating them up"

Sorry to end on a bad note

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherSage
To me this in not a coincidence, think about this even, the goverment can hide anything it wants, it controls the media basicly, has a history of not telling the truth, when ever bush gets in trouble something saves him (and I dont think its his prayers) I want to see Karl Rove on trial for giving the name of a CIA oprative, I want all of these conspiracies to come to the public.

Yes, exactly. It really makes me mad at how people watch the "news", and repeat something they heard, like as if it's true. For instance, I don't know what really happened after Katrina, how all that water got there. I have read in several places in the Internet (mainly people's blogs - some interesting in the Guardian) many personal accounts in the last few days from "survivors" who have broken free from the "herd", if you will - the ones who go from dome to dome, or wherever they are taken by the Military. Many of these accounts sound genuine, and many of them sound much more horrible, such as that there really were authorities from the beginning, just doing nothing, asking people to leave their homes, like in the first couple of days and when the wouldn't, the posters heard loud blasts, and suddenly their homes would flood and they were forced to go the the Superdome, or the Convention Center.

Sorry to use such an, although horrible, overtalked about subject to make an example, but it came to mind first. But what I'm trying to say, is that suppose those bloggers, etc... are telling the truth, and the government (for obviopus reasons) does not want it publicized, well then, of course we won't hear it on the news. When I have tried to suggest to some any hypothetical scenario that differs from what has been shown on the "news", people say stuff like, "Oh no, it didn't happen like that! Haven't you been watching the news?" Or they will make excuses, (which I haven't ruled out BTW) that the real reason that they took so long to do anything was that Bush had overextended himself, and most all of the Military was gone - in Iraq, Afghanastan, etc.... that it took three days for them to get back here and that that is all that Bush was trying to cover up. That has been implied in the "news".

What you said about Karl Rove needs to go on trial for exposing ex-undercover CIA Agent Plame, you are absolutetly right. And, for a time, I thought that it had already gotten so much publicity that there would be no avoiding this one. But before I knew it, it has now all but been burried by Cincy Sheehan, Katrina, John Roberts' first and second nominations to the Supreme Court, etc.....

Bush said something to the effect that if Karl Rove was convicted, then he would think about firing him, but unless that happened, he would do nothing. Well, apparently Bush has made sure that he will never be convicted (at least not during Bush's term) because there will always be something else to put it off.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I can't recall who said that, but I agree with it. Any time that a world leader is being scrutinized for some alleged slip up, it is almost always the case that some other news worthy event occurs very soon afterwards. When the previous president's indiscretions with a certain intern made headlines, cruise missiles were launched into Afghanistan right after. I have noticed that this type of thing is commonplace. It makes sense for those who support whomever is the target of the media inquisition to suggest possible distractions. And any leader who wishes to remain in power is bound to be relieved when the attention is diverted away from them. Whether they themselves initiate the distraction, or they just benefit from it, it seems that oftentimes such a distraction 'coincidentally' presents itself at these times.
As for the original point, I have noticed that there appears to be an increase in coincidences lately, both personally and globally.

top topics

join