It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Control technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If we control the Sun, we control 100% of the mass of the solar system? Do you agree or disagree? If you disagree, give your percentage.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by superprivy
If we control the Sun, we control 100% of the mass of the solar system? Do you agree or disagree? If you disagree, give your percentage.

I think this is the second post of yours where I have been left in complete confusion. What are you talking about
How is it that if we control the sun we control mass?
Please in the future provide more than a line, and maybe a source so people can have an easier time responding to your posts.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Superprivy

I don't know what you're talking about either but I'm not going to let that deter me from taking a stab at it.

OK, I disagree and my percentage is 76%.

How did I do?

After thinking about it; I want to change my percentage to 79%. Is that allowed?

[edit on 6-9-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

OK, I disagree and my percentage is 76%.

How did I do?

After thinking about it; I want to change my percentage to 79%. Is that allowed?

Acutally I think it would have to be closer to the number 42%, and no you can not change your answer? Cause how would you feel if mass just changed how much it was effected by the sun on a daily basis. Let me tell you, you wouldn't be a happy camper

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Final,

You're sure right about the camping part. Roughing it for me is when the Hotel dosent have a resturant.

Sorry about changing my answer!! Just thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

Mass, it used to be in Latin; now they play guitars. Don't you think thats more than 42%?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by superprivy

Disagree. However, it turns out you're not all that far off, as the sun accounts for 99.86% of the total mass in the solar system. Therefore, I would have to say that if one "controls" the sun, then one "controls" approximately 99.86% of the total mass in the solar system.

Sources:

The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition
From Astronomy 161 as taught by Professor Ryden at OSU
NASA's "Astronomy 101" page on the sun

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Damn, missed it by 20.86%.

Even though I lost, I had a real fun time!!

Hey Superprivy, two out of three?

I'm not an astronomer, just a guitar player, spot me 20% next time, OK?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
If we control the sun then we control 100% of the mass of the solar system, because if we make the sun disappear all the planets will fly apart

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarBreather
If we control the sun then we control 100% of the mass of the solar system, because if we make the sun disappear all the planets will fly apart

I doubt watching helplessly as the planets go flying off at their respective tangents could be considered "control."
Good point, though...

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Damn, missed it by 20.86%.

Even though I lost, I had a real fun time!!

Hey Superprivy, two out of three?

I'm not an astronomer, just a guitar player, spot me 20% next time, OK?

Well I play bass, so can I be spotted like the 56% I missed? But if I play Jazz bass that morning can it be up to like 58%? Just wondering. I am looking forward to your next game!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Jazz bass, hummm, 58% are you crazy?? you mean like 5/8 or some other weird time signature? We play I IV V and strut like peacocks. what do you do Mr Final coletrane or monk.

we would like to control the sun, but you know how the music biz is.

Damn, can't unravel the thread superprivy has got a new one for us.

We will try real hard this time Super. We love you man!!

[edit on 7-9-2005 by whaaa]

[edit on 7-9-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
only ways I know of are

sunscreen

sunglasses

window treatments, shades, blinds, curtains

somehow, I don't think u r talking about that

perhaps seeding/spraying the sky and making it cloud up ? for sure that has been reported

ozone hole

a faraday shield

the few other methods of controlling "part" of the sun

I didn't address the protons we get bombarded with [ cuz I'm not sure we can control exposure]...other than to move a planet between us and the sun

of course I'm being flip...

anyways...I'm also not sure where you are headed with this

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
only ways I know of are

sunglasses,)

I don't know about the others but I think I cn speak for FINAL and myself; uh huh!

new topics

top topics

join