It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossils on mars yes or no ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Anyone think that there are fossils on mars ?

I think that if we dig deep enough, below the dust dirt rock and sand we will find some. Im not talking a mars trex, I am just expecting some small sea shells or something.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Read my "Mood", while controversial I can't dismiss it completely.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Yes, there are definitely fossils on Mars, and we will find conclusive evidence of this in my/your lifetime (unless you're already 65+). The proof of water on Mars is everywhere, the proof of ancient oceans and lakes is everywhere, and this water existed there for ten of millions to hundreds of millions of years. There was life on Mars, there may still be life on Mars (we've already discovered frozen water ice in quantity and not just in permafrost).

We're going to discover life on one or more of Jupiter's moons. Is the life we discover in either place going to be intelligent? No, it's going to be microbial (or at least 'primitive') on Mars and Callisto, and perhaps more advanced on or Europa or possibly Titan (animals/plant life bigger than bacteria).

There is life out there besides what we have on this tiny planet we call home. When we discover it, there is going to be a lot of rethinking regading our existence.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
excellent post, CatHerder. i love your usage of links.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I believe the same. I get laughed at sometimes when i tell people what i think. This forum is great, people with open minds and all.

join