It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans To Get Hit Again?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I have been sitting and watching this fiasco on TV since it started.

I was driving home the other night and I went into a daydream so to speak. My subconscious took over my driving skills. In this I had a vision that another hurricane would strike New Orleans this year. It would not be as strong as Katrina and will be Hurricane Rita or Stan. Both may be in the area at the time and I am not sure which one will hit. It will be in the area or named in about 2 weeks from last night.

It will cause even more devastation than Katrina and will be the deciding factor that New Orleans does not get rebuilt. All homes will be underwater. The city will only be travelled in to retrieve the few remaining survivors and collect the bodies which will take a couple of years. The levee system will be a joke at this time and the cost to repair it will be astronomical under the circumstances.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
i wouldn't be surprised. hurricane season is far from over, so I wouldn't be surprised to see NO get hit again. I mean, FL got hit 3 times right?

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Ophelia has a chance of entering the Gulf, but there are a number of computer model scenarios possible. This is the peak of the hurricane season, so it is more than possible that there will be another storm on the Gulf Coast, it is probable and we are entering a climate cycle similar to the one that occurred in the forties and fifties, so not only will there be more storms, they will be of higher intensity.

[edit on 2005/9/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Ophelia has a chance of entering the Gulf, but there are a number of computer model scenarios possible. This is the peak of the hurricane season, so it is more than possible that there will be another storm on the Gulf Coast, it is probable and we are entering a climate cycle similar to the one that occurred in the forties and fifties, so not only will there be more storms, they will be of higher intensity.

[edit on 2005/9/7 by GradyPhilpott]

exactly. this includes all weather. monsoons will produce much more rain, hurricanes will get bigger and stronger, tornados will be stronger and last longer and also occur in places that rarely get tornados more often (you guys in europe dont have to worry about those) blizards will produce more snow....its like something out of the day after tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
They just announced that Rita's possible track is to hit New Orleans and was named per my dream date.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by GTWill]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTWill
They just announced that Rita's possible track is to hit New Orleans and was named per my dream date.

Not so fast. The models are predicting a course toward south Texas or northwest Mexico. Of course, if hurricanes are anything, they are unpredictable. No matter how good the models might get, nature always seems to have an ace in the hole.

I think you are right about one thing. Another major storm, even a cat. 2 or 3, is likely to drive the final nail into the New Orleans coffin. America will have to host the mother of all jazz funerals.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Such an occurance would indeed be very coincidental, and damaging. Luckily New Orleans would probably evacuate much quicker and there would be substantially less death this time around. However, even if the city was nearly entirely destroyed by another hit I think due to pride, America would still reconstruct it. If New Orleans had been built in the tenth level of Hell, we still wouldn't surrender it. It's ours, and we surrender nothing.

Of course that's just my opinion, but that's how I see it. Then again, if the devastation was so bad that New Orleans had "sunk" beneath the waters, and was deemed "unrecoverable" we might just leave it be. Even then that's just a maybe.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If I remember right the path of Katrina was originally predicted to hit Texas...then it stalled in the middle of the Gulf and gained strength as it headed northward.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
All the federal money pumped into New Orleans is not going to bring business into the area if the population is not there to work. New Orleans has suffered for years from a declining tax base, illiteracy, crime and one of the worst school systems in the world. Another storm this year that floods the city again would send a mighty message to anyone with a brain that maybe there are better places to live and work.

Even those people who are returning to NO because their property was not flooded are returning to a non-functioning city. Everything is trashed and most of those who provide the services so necessary to keep things running are now elsewhere and polls show that some 40% to 50% of those don't plan on coming back. Another storm this year will turn NO into a theme park.

[edit on 2005/9/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yeah but I really can't imagine President Bush coming on the tv and telling everyone New Orleans, one of the United States' greatest cities is lost, and will remain as such. While I don't believe New Orleans would soon fully recover (if ever) from another major disaster, I do think they'd again pump it out, and do what they can to bring it all back to life. It may be located in a terrible place for a city (or anything other than water), but it means something, and I don't think we know how to let go of this ex lover.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
well you know the could just move the city and not rebuild the levies or pump out the water you know clean it up clear it out move the city to the new shore line that would make more sense than rebuilding the city where it is

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Hurricane Rita has just been elevated to a Category 4 with plenty of time for it to strengthen even more.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It is now a Category 5 and they say it will hit Galveston/Houston however there was a meteorologist on the Weather Channel that said if the High Pressure dome moves any faster it will direct Hurricane Rita right into New Orleans.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
well if it keeps changing course the way it is it will head straight for new orleans

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   

The band of clear weather through Texas is what Joe Bastardi believes will continue to steer this storm to the east away from New Olreans, however, it will not take a direct hit on New Olreans to cause further catastrophic damage. The counter-clockwise winds that appear to be ready to hit the area in a few hours could drive water from the Gulf into Lakes Borgne and Ponchartrain and cause severe flooding in the river parishes and place catastrophic pressure on the damaged levees in NO. If the storm hits around the Port Sulpher/Lake Charles area, New Orleans could be hit even worse. It does not look good for the Big Easy, no matter where Rita goes at this time.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
OOoooooooooooooooo your good.

I lil spooky even. bravo on your premonition.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well it is not as strong as Katrina...which I said.

They are talking about the flooding in New Orleans being worse than before with much more levee damage before it is all over. The flooding has already begun.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Your prediction was essentially correct. Parts of it were a bit sensationalistic and not in keeping with the facts of the topography, etc. But, in the final analysis, New Orleans got hit big time regardless of where the eyewall made landfall. The repopulation of New Orleans has been set back at least three weeks and if another one hits there's no telling what would happen.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Your prediction was essentially correct. Parts of it were a bit sensationalistic and not in keeping with the facts of the topography, etc. But, in the final analysis, New Orleans got hit big time regardless of where the eyewall made landfall. The repopulation of New Orleans has been set back at least three weeks and if another one hits there's no telling what would happen.

i suspect that an army of ninjas would apear and stop the storm with their ninja might

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Not bad GT.

Anything else you want to tell us now that you have our attention?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join