It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Senator Threatens to Punch Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

www.allheadlinenews.com...

Louisiana Democrat Sen. Mary Landrieu threatens President Bush with physical violence this morning on ABC's Sunday morning news program, "This Week".

"If one person criticizes our sheriffs, or says one more thing, including the President of the United States, he will hear from me - one more word about it after this show airs and I - I might likely have to punch him - literally," says Landrieu.

Lots more links here

I heard this on some TV news channel a couple of hours ago and it surprised me. Not the sentiment of the threat but the threat itself, I don't think I've ever heard of a Senator threatening a President with violence before.

That link states it is a federal offence to threaten the President with violence. Is that the case for a threat like this? I thought it was more along the lines of death threats.

I highly doubt any charges would be made in the circumstances, with emotions running high etc., and I don't think they should either.
I wouldn't mind punching him myself.

Could she face a political disiplining type of punishment or will it be ignored or what? I'd be interested in the American view on this.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by kegs]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Could she face a political disiplining type of punishment or will it be ignored or what? I'd be interested in the American view on this.

I wouldn't think that would even warrant a 250 point deduction for the little lady. But I could be wrong. Karl Rove could be wrapping the fish to deliver himself now. She'll be "outed" eventually. She's probably anti-Christian.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Rant, one more anti-Christian statement and I'm outing you for the whale-lover that I know you are!

The good senator should start at the municipal and government level punching bags, and then work her way up. Unless, that is, her statement is purely political. Politics, in Louisiana? Who'd a thunk it?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This must have occurred in the last 24 hours. If so it is very unprofessional.

I am aware that for many years Louisiana has been a staunchly democrat state. I have no problems with this. However I am also aware that in the democrat party whining and blaming/fingerpointing is a standard tactic as is judgement by popularity poll and news media lynching. Being a democrat is not a free pass to play through on this basis. The public is getting wise and tiring quickly of this type of unprofessional tabloidism in politics no matter who is doing it...republican or democrat.
This is reaching trailer park Jerry Springer levels in Louisiana and it is becoming obvious to a knowlegable public. The people of Louisiaina have very real immediate pressing problems. They do not need to be burdened by the unprofessionalism of public servants....any of them.
Watch for more of this fingerprint as time goes by and mark them..all of them and remember at voting time.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What's wrong with saying that? He's expresing his views. We all need a little more House of Commons in our COngress

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
What's wrong with saying that? He's expresing his views. We all need a little more House of Commons in our COngress

Here, here! -waves piece of paper in the air- [I watch it on T.V...too.
]

To be honest, I doubt even BushCo will take this serious.

Look at who made the threat, if BushCo took this to court it'd make him look like such a fool. lol

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Talking about punching the president is totally wrong. Urging the assasination of hugo chavez, however, is perfectly acceptable, and there is nothing at all 'huh?!' worthy about having a gold mining front on a federal list of charities.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Saying that if one more person, including the president, criticizes the local sheriffs of Luisiana, she might have to punch him, is a far cry from actually threatening to punch the President. If Bush and/or his neocon sheep-herd supporters can't take that minor comment, then they really are pretty thin-skinned. None of them complained when Jesse Helms, who was in the Seante at the time, said of Clinton "If he comes to North Carolina, he'd better wear a bullet-proof vest." Which statement stikes you as more incendiary? Republicans are great at dishing it out, but always seem to fall back on whining and crying when even the slightest criticism comes in their direction, at least from my perspective. I don't have much more respect for the Dems, but they do leave me feelign slightly less physically nauseous, that's about it. Anyway, Bush needn't worry about a senator beating him up---as long as he has more "pretzel" and "mountain bike" incidents, he---or whoever is lucky enough to be the one really beating the crap out of him---will be in such sad shape that no one will threaten to punch him.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Please make sure your headlines match the content of the article or the article will be moved into the Mud Pit.

Originally posted by RyanC
Saying that if one more person, including the president, criticizes the local sheriffs of Luisiana, she might have to punch him, is a far cry from actually threatening to punch the President.

Exactly!

That's precisely what she said -- that she would not tolerate any more public criticism of the sheriffs from anyone.

Please make your headlines reflect what the REAL story said and don't use them to bait ANY group... liberal, conservative, religious, whatever. That's just disinformation and right now we've got a low tolerance for that sort of thing.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
He, he, Byrd you are very sharp indeed,

But going back to the "punch" I will love to smack him in the back of his head and see if is a brain in there. he,he,

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What can I say? Can I say I didn't see this coming? Hardly. If it had been a conservative, say Limbaugh for example, saying that he would punch a liberal/democratic president (Clinton), what an uproar that would have caused.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I don't know what kind of people you are, but if I were in her shoes, I would have said the same damn thing.

Her people worked their asses off and the federal government (FEMA, HOMELAND inSECURITY failed those people miserably). They wanna blame it on those folks down there. The question should be, BUSH why did you cut all that funding to shore up the levees? The answer would be, 'cos he wanted his little war in Iraq.

This administration will go down in history as the admistration of DEATH.

new topics

top topics

join