It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coping With Katrina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

PODcast: Coping With Katrina
Majic discusses the Five Stages of Grief and how they apply to the Katrina Disaster, as well as ways of coping with the tragedy.

length: 08:23
file: atspodcast_95.mp3
size: 1972k
feed: ats

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Katrina Forum Sister Thread

A discussion thread in the Katrina Aftermath forum which includes the script for this podcast can be found here:

Majic: Coping With Katrina

Edit: Oops! That thread's closed per kinglizard.

So this thread it is, and I'll avoid posting the scripts in the topical forums in the future.

[edit on 9/5/2005 by Majic]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Like always, very nice podcast ... I like the way you talk XD or should I say write? Nice script, very well done. I just have one question, how can I reply to you with a podcast? Do I need some kind of software or will my headset do? Heh, great stuff though, thanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Backtalk In PODspace

Originally posted by Zeta_101
Like always, very nice podcast ... I like the way you talk XD or should I say write? Nice script, very well done. I just have one question, how can I reply to you with a podcast? Do I need some kind of software or will my headset do? Heh, great stuff though, thanks.

Thanks for the kind words. My ego and I love compliments.

To reply to a podcast, you must first make a podcast file.

Nygdan started a great thread on podcasts, which contains some info on how they work and so forth:

I didn't really understand podcasting

Basically, if you can create an MP3 file, you're set. Once the file is made (there are some links and threads on that too), go to:

podcast.abovetopsecret.com...

There, all you have to do is click on the "Reply With Podcast" button for this podcast, and the upload box on the right will configure itself to upload your response.

[edit on 9/5/2005 by Majic]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Which brings us to the final stage, Acceptance. At some point, we must accept that this happened, and that we must accept that things like this will happen, despite our wish that it not be so.

Acceptance.........very nice piece Majic, once we all accept that this terrible event occured and no matter how many fingers we point, it comes down to the realization that WE, the MIGHTY United States of America, are not so powerful.

Acceptance......Let us all accept what happened, and care for those affected and those lost, it is a time for helping hands, not pointed fingers......

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Step By Step

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Acceptance......Let us all accept what happened, and care for those affected and those lost, it is a time for helping hands, not pointed fingers......

Amen.

There will be time enough for sorting through the question of accountability.

Not that there's anything wrong with asking hard questions now, but there is something unseemly about all these politicians holding press conferences to assign blame while people are still in dire need.

A better path is to help the people who need it now and save the bickering for later.

Like next week.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Once again excellent work.

I'm tempted to forward this Podcast to NPR news and BBC, really it's that good.

new topics

top topics

join