It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Just finished watching CEO3K in its entirety for the first time. It was quite interesting for a movie made in 1977. Just wanted to find out from the community how you guys interpret that movie. Spielberg said that the movie has a "noble cause". With all the theories and ideas on aliens/ufos now is that movie still relevant? I found that in terms of the human drama involved in in the story it was definitely worth my 2 hours. I personally think that in the almost 30 years since this film was made that nothing has progressed in terms of this topic which is very very sad.

(edit , no all caps titles please)

[edit on 6-9-2005 by pantha]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
on the subject, can anyone give me a link to a site that lists all the types of close encounters. I know theres 5 of em, and besides 3rd, 5th is talking to e.t., i believe

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Close enounters of the first kind: a UFO is spotted within 150 yards.

Close encounters of the second kind: a UFO leaves evidence of its presence, eg. scorch marks on the ground and surrounding area, or pieces of alien materials or substances.

Close encounters of the third kind: a UFO is seen with visible occupants.

Close encounters of the fourth kind: abduction by an extra-terrestrial being or race.

Close encounters of the fifth kind: direct communication between humans and an extra terrestrial being or race.

www.bbc.co.uk...
taken from this link

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Now, I will try this one more time with you people and instead of deleting everything right away, why don't you look and listen to what I am trying to tell you huh?

The movie features a 5 tone melody right?? DECCG. I know what that means. A number pattern. 45337. I also know where it is, what it points to etc. I have this time compiled a playlist. Now, some people might have seen the first video here already. The second and third video, explain the 45337 number pattern, as they point to a location mentioned in the first video, that I visited a while back.

Do people here have any idea, how much supposed coincidence that is, for it to be coincidence? It isn't coincidence. I put that pattern in the number pi myself.

Now, here is your playlist. Hopefully I will wake some people up this time, to deny ignorance.
www.youtube.com...

Greetings....

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I am going to be extremely careful this time on this site, as I want more people to see my previous post. Listen, the last post is about certain patterns and stuff right??? The videos then huh??? It is also about the number 38... It is... It is also about Close encounters right??? Well, the next link, has ALF in it.. Remember that show??? It is also by somebody called Chime.. CH=38.. Yeah, really.... Is this bump against Above top secret rules??? I did add to the conversation right??? O good...

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have noticed, people still do not understand... Yeah, some maybe..... But, you see, the first post I made, features a video... And the number 38 is mentioned... it is... I have another video about the number 38... I do... Check it out... This will also bump the thread, I know.... But, in between all these fake posts, because they are, this is the only real one... Yes it is.. Really... So, here is the video...

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Nobody38

Maybe if we started out with something general like location?

Spookiest place in my memory was Middle butte Idaho near Idaho falls looking out over the old nuclear test area located in the high desert there circa 1970's (long after the mothership left).

The 59 VW bus on the side of the mothership was a dead giveaway..

edit:
When I shared my Middle Butte UFO experience with an uncle I visited in California, he gave me instructions to visit Mesa Verde (there was an X files Episode about that).

Anyone else been there?

edit on 16-7-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

niv

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hotsheets

I was floored when I saw that movie, on its opening day in a theater that no longer exists. I was the right age, into UFOs, as I still am, and was shocked how on topic the film was. The visuals, such as the boy opening the door with red lights, the mothership, the grays, all worked.

I don't know how well the film has held up to young eyes but it definitely worked for me.

As to whether anything has changed in the years since this movie opened. Not much.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nobody38
Now, I will try this one more time with you people and instead of deleting everything right away, why don't you look and listen to what I am trying to tell you huh?

The movie features a 5 tone melody right?? DECCG. I know what that means. A number pattern. 45337. I also know where it is, what it points to etc. I have this time compiled a playlist. Now, some people might have seen the first video here already. The second and third video, explain the 45337 number pattern, as they point to a location mentioned in the first video, that I visited a while back.

Do people here have any idea, how much supposed coincidence that is, for it to be coincidence? It isn't coincidence. I put that pattern in the number pi myself.

Now, here is your playlist. Hopefully I will wake some people up this time, to deny ignorance.
www.youtube.com...

Greetings....

i am watching this movie right now.
watches the part near the end where they play the tunes in front of the alien ships.
decides to pick up the phone and immediately stumbles into this thread.
synchronicity?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nobody38

Getting hung up in numbers is a kind of brain quirk caused by an overabundance of dopamine. You start to see patterns in everything. You could probably figure out something associated with your address than would convince you it had cosmic significance. The right anti-depressant could probably clear that up fairly quickly.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nobody38

The movie features a 5 tone melody right?? DECCG. I know what that means. A number pattern. 45337. I also know where it is, what it points to etc.

45337 fails at the first hurdle to take into account the octave difference between the notes.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
45337 fails at the first hurdle to take into account the octave difference between the notes.

Maybe the frequencies and wavelengths mean something... NAH!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Wow - a 2005 post with some real yummies in it!

Cool beans!

Off to watch the videos...

And yes, the movie is one of my favorite of all time.

Kuddos to you!

peace

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I call that the music scene where the mother ship is giving an almost orchestral response to the tone generator.
There are 72 discrete signal lights in a 12 by 6 flat matrix on the tone generator board, but its being driven by what looks like a church organ console.

Mother ship has lights reminiscent of some kind of analog resonance and they run along the curved edge of the craft.
There is no clear correlation that is not subject to plausible deniability.

There are 360 degrees in a compass circle, so that was the first math correlation I made watching the movie.
My last correlation was the number 1884.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw some replies that don't make any sense... It has nothing to do with the octaves sir. But with the letters themselves. I highly doubt these people watched all the videos I presented. You would otherwise understand it is a logical impossibility for all of that to be coincidence, because I put those patterns there in the first place, ladies and gentlemen.

I would like to add something else to this, that does not directly have anything to do with the movie mentioned, but I think certain people will think it is interesting non the less. I believe certain people had noticed part of this pattern already, but did not understand the significance. This pattern is also visible in the first video of the playlist I presented.

Now, when I create women directly, I create them in pairs. Dark hair/light hair. Women with the letter L as the first letter in one of their names are created as single ladies. These women are all marked somehow by 38, 83, 86 or 68... That can be the count of the letters of the name, their birth year, calculation of birth year, calculation of name chart etc. I later added to the creation rules which are explained in other videos of mine etc. You will notice this pattern in many american tv series and movies as well. Guess what that means??? A very common and easy one to recognize is CH. Seen it around people? Got a video for you.

Have a nice day!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
aliens flew 10000 light years to jam with the man .
Wile i got through the movie it was kinda stupid .
Dude playing with potatoes mounting O look its the valcanice plug in the desert .
aliens who dont seam to want any more then a few zoo specimens and a quick jam .
Borning
ET was better . He was a botinest

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I will now do my disappearing act once again... But, just FYI!!!

Thanks for listening and have a nice day!!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hotsheets

I love that movie. They're re-releasing it in September for it's 40th anniversary, remastered in 4k. Can't wait!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tjocksteffe
i am watching this movie right now.
watches the part near the end where they play the tunes in front of the alien ships.
decides to pick up the phone and immediately stumbles into this thread.
synchronicity?

I guess it's no more sychronicitous than me stumbling upon this thread with my CE3K-related ATS user name.
edit on 29-7-2017 by Monsieur Neary because: missing word

new topics

top topics

join