It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speed of light travel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Facinating... It's seems more and more that an individual is just that, a unique object that has no 'other', whether time or space may be bent.
I understand the theories, but I've been cultivating one myself about the idea that time is measured by the mind and nothing else, and that the answer to all the problems with light/time/space travel may lay there.

I think the trick to all this maybe to have no mass! I know this sounds outlandish, but is this the path we may have to wander?

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
As far as I understand, you cannot 'locally' travel faster than the speed of light... however, you can warp space and time to make it appear you have travelled faster than the speed of light.

The idea is to create a sublight bubble in which the ship flies, and to warp space-time around the ship so that the time take for the ship to get from A to B is quicker than light travelling from A to B, but the ship never travels faster than light. I think Stephen Hawking has some theories on it.

Also, to throw a spanner in the works... what about the speed of gravity?

Some say it is infinitely faster than the speed of light - its instantaneous.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Dont worry about G's either. Thats only a concern when accelerating, deccelerating, or changing direction under speed. All can be controled and accounted for. Once you have the momentum, and continue in a straight line, it doesnt matter at all how fast you go, just how fast things change.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The graviy warp is the only way to get faster than light speed. And when using a gravitational warp, you don't need to worry about Gs because you usually set a strait line course, no turning. To counter the inertia that jostles you around when you turn, increase the vibration of all matter within the ship. Inertia is te tendancy for an object at rest to stay at rest. I read an article somewhere about a scientist who was able to render matter neer inertialess by having it vibrate at high frequency so the matter was never at rest.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Cool idea about the inertia. Makes sense now that i think about it but if i was in the ship i woulod hope i wasn't vibrationg at high speeds cause when my blood boils, generally i am in some amount of pain. Just to add to the fun lets remember now we are nolonger traveling in 3 dimensions but rather 4. X Y Z and gravity( might have a letter but i don't know it). Also gravity is not as powerful as anti matter or some other unknown force. If u question this do some research on the big rip theroy where the universe is accelerating apart rather than deaccelerationg which would be expected due to gravity. I have detirmined that all of this is a great idea as long as i don't go first.

And just for fun, don't forget that as time changes and u go into the future, you will have to wait 50 or so years before u can get the ship back cause that will be in the future. My math says would have your thumbs make 4628448000 rotations if you weere twiddleing them the whole time.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This altering of the ship's vibration, would this cause the object to 'phase out' of
our perception?
I seem to remember something I read about everything having a certain vibration and that if something's atoms could be vibrated faster, then in theory, it would be out of sync with everthing around it.
I dunno!
Oh, here's one... when scientists say that if you bend space and time so that they touch and ergo, you can pass quickly across vast distances,
What would happen if those points not only touched, but went through each other!?
It's been bothering me... sorry.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join