It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speed of light travel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hi,

I would like to know how pilots will be able to travel at the speed of light that equal to 299,792,458 metres per second (1,079,252,848.8 km/h and approximately 186,282.4 miles per second, or 670,616,629.38 miles per hour) Like for example he have to go to a place that is at 93.000 he will be there in a half a second
? And how can these pilots resiste all that G's? And is it true that if you are traveling at the speed of light you can travel in time ( in future)?

For more info on speed of light

And for more info on traveling in time by speed of light

I hope some one will be able to answer all my questions lol

Thanks

[edit on 5-9-2005 by 11undercover11]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
G's?

You're kidding, right?

The pilot would likely be dead.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Lol call them how you want!

Originally posted by Zeta_101

You're kidding, right?

The pilot would likely be dead.

Yeah so how could we build a speed of light plane if the pilot die when the plane start to move?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Ill take a stab at it.

You cant travle faster then light in your current body, it would tear appart into pieces. Instead ideas and theories exsit to bend space and time. Kinda like a temporary worm hole. You can then go through this worm hole, and then let space time go back to normal, after this you will be half way around the galaxy or where ever you were going. BUT...to do this you have to some how get around the eergy needed...something like a blackhole possibly. I am know way a physics person, but this is what i have read. If you really want to learn then take a physics class or pick up a book on space and time. hope this helps a little.

PS: I do think its possible to go very very fast but it takes years to get there. Ion engines are one example of that.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
well i think by the time we figure out how to get infinite energy, which you would need to go the speed of light because you have infinite mass, we would have a way to reduce the effects of gravity effectively reducing the G's or have some insanely crazy G suit. And most who believe in interstellar/galactic travel is in wormholes, which exist on their own at the subatomic level, not in just goin fast.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Also to add, if you are talking about a plane or something taveling faster then light int he earths atmostphere its impossible. The friction casued by the air is to much. Thats what shooting starts are....the are going so fast and have so much friction that it causes them to burn up.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the help imbalanced
Yeah im going in science next year so I hope that will help to understand

Oh yeah and the "aurora" I know it doesn't officialy existe but does it suppose to go at the speed of light?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
ya, worm holes are thought to exist naturally. If we could them it would be like traveling on a river versus walking or driveing.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
They did something like that at the montauk base (camp hero).

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Wormholes exits at a sub atomic level but the energy needed to enlarge them to be of any use is immense.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
ok,
1. where did you hear that the aurora can travel at the speed of light?
the fastst i heard, is 8,000 mph (mach 12, correct me if im wrong, but be nice)

2. Faster than Light travel is impossible under einsteins theory of relativity. it took a genious who failed algebra, to come up with a bunch of algebraic/trig/calc equations. the theory states, that the closer an object gets to the speed of light, the more its mass increases

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Ok,

1, I didn't said that aurora travel at the speed of light I asked a question "Does aurora suppose to to go at the speed of light?" its not the samething

2, Thanks for the info

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
i read something in a book and have no idea whether it will ever be even remotely feasable. everyone always talks about wormholes being the way to go faster than light but perhaps something like inertia suppressing technology? the idea is that an objects inertia is determined by the quantum state of the space around or "attached" to the object rather than the actual mass of the object. supposedly there are 4 levels of inertia
1 being an objects normal quantum inertia
2 is an object thats inertia is lessened allowing it to move easier.(makes it easier to propel starship up almost to c)
3.state that the matter has no inertia-forcing it to become photonic and travel the speed of light until the end of time(not very practical for ships)
4.state of inertia that makes object transform to tachyonic matter(matter that always goes faster than c and cant slow down past the speed of light
if you could somehow skip step 3 it would be pretty useful.im no expert on , stuff like this and i just threw up the idea but whatever

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11undercover11
Hi, I would like to know how pilots will be able to travel at the speed of light that equal to 299,792,458 metres per second (1,079,252,848.8 km/h and approximately 186,282.4 miles per second, or 670,616,629.38 miles per hour) Like for example he have to go to a place that is at 93.000 he will be there in a half a second
? And how can these pilots resiste all that G's?

One current theory suggests that only gravity can travel faster than light.
If you travel within a projected beam of gravity, it acts upon every particle that makes up both vessel and pilot with an equal force, therefore no G-forces.

Have a look at this link for the complete theory:
www.gravitywarpdrive.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Ok,

1, I didn't said that aurora travel at the speed of light I asked a question "Does aurora suppose to to go at the speed of light?" its not the samething

accually:

Oh yeah and the "aurora" I know it doesn't officialy existe but does it suppose to go at the speed of light?

accually, quite similar, anyway, also, light can travel at the speed of light.

Also, if the acceleration is drawn out over a long distance, the G forces would be minimal

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If you could travel at the speed of light, and wanted to go to a star 1-Lightyear away, it would take more than a year to get there. You would spend at least several months just accelerating to the speed of light which is what causes the G-Forces. Once you are at a constant speed you would feel normal, but you would have to spend several months just decellerating so you could stop without killing yourself. Traveling at any long distance and FasterThanLight or LightSpeed would require too much accel/decell time and too much fuel; in the conventional space ship sense.

There are too many theories and as far as I know noone has proven it one way or the other. Although physics seems to show that LightSpeed and FTL speed is possible for at least some particles.

There is some physics lab where you can go look thru a microscope and see a single particle existing in two places at once. According to quantum physics if there are several possibilites than all possibilities happen. So you could be here and there (Mars, lets say) at the same time, and since you could; you actually are. When you observe a particle it goes from being a wave to a point. It can be anywhere on that wave until you see it There-> *

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Couldn't you just use a force field to protect you? like the ones the guys invented earlier.Text Red

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Greetings Every Forum Member - I am primarily in Aerospace, all topics. Worked for McDonnel Douglas and the USAF, F-16 CC, and Commercial Pilot. I have flown many military simulators, a corporate jet, and the T-37. I regularily fly aerobatics in a Pitts Special S-2B and have been exposed to many positive and Negative "G's". Back to the point at hand.

I am an Astronomy Major in addition to my 3 degrees; one in Aeronautical Science, Philosophy of Aviation and Space, and Aerospace Engineering. I have done independant research in exterestial space vehicles and have witnessed flying disks in California, several times. My specialty is propulsion. I have this to point out about travel at the speed of light. Light travels through our atmosphere at 299,479 Km/s. In a complete vacuum, it travels somewhat faster: 299,799 Km/s.

With the inclusion of a small nuclear reactor and fuel in the form of self-generating hydrogen, it is possible to travel at the Speed of Light with metering of acceleration to one "G"/s.

I have concluded a ship designed and built to accelerate at one "G", 9.8 m/s^2, we can arrive at Mars at it's perigee in 3.173 hours, spiking to a top speed of .93*299,799 Km/s with an average velocity of 149,899 Km/s. This "spike of velocity" must also decelerate at the same rate as it accelerated, @ 9.8 m/s to avoid becoming inanimate. 7 spikes are required to reach Martian Orbit. At this acceleration, it is very comfortable to live inside the spacecraft and no special excersize routine that is necessary to acheive or rather to receive red-blood cell degradation and bone-calcium depletion.

How is this possible, the term is known as "Gravity Anhilation", or in simplier terms, the expoitation of gravitational forces through three masses of high electrical conductivitity cylinders or rectangular boxes on board the spacecraft mounted along the three axis, (the longitudinal, lateral, and vertical) in accordance with the spacecraft geometry. Only a short period of weightlessness would be evident when transition from one forward attitude to another, in order to accelerate and decellerate, accordingly. The material of the "Gravity Anhiliators" would be best at the following elements: Gold, Silver, and Copper. With enough energy generated from a nuclear reactor, this can be acheived and has been verifed by "reverse engineering" of extraterrestial vehcles confiscated from extraterestials through the past several decades and stored at "Dreamland" I have photoghraphed spacecraft in California, but will not post them as they create a chaiotic circumstance among the forum.

My data is as follows:

Mean Distance to Mars from Earth: 227,215,615.8 Km or 1.524 AU's.

Mean Velocity from Mars to Earth: 139,257 Km/s

T=VD: 1,631 s * 7 spikes = 3.178 hrs

An allowance for error in calculations are noted for carrying decimal places many times beyond scientific notation of thousandths.

Any forum member with comments or corrections to this post, please reply. BlackCrow, this post is for you, whoever you are. Safe journey, Space Travelers!!

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm gonna take a small stab at this. Just because I know a little about G's and speed of light junk. It would not be the speed of light that kills you it would be the G's created by the instant acceleration. But if we spread the acceleration along a period of time where the G-Force is survivable THEN you could reach the speed of light. But by the time you do you are there. its only feasible in space I'ma fraid.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Ok,

no & no.

IF Aurora is the name of a spy plane, then its reported at mach 6, which is 4,567 mph, you started this thread by stating that the speed of light is 670,616,629 mph. How could you possibly think that an aircraft could do that speed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join