It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of Nations who have sent Aid -READ- before you rant.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Sorry about being Ignorant. I didnt know they were that poor.

[edit on 9/6/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
ya Sri Lankda send $25,000 it maybe a small donation for a country but ya gotta rememebr there stll cleaning up the tsunami's mess its nice thats there stil trying to help even though they have their own problems

as for FEMA.....%&^%&^!@#! FEMA yes they having been turning down water,supplies and other things theres a link for the FEMA scanner and one night I heard an offical turn down some tampoons & and diapers

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
nice thread

I missed my country in your list tho ,:

BELGIUM send 3 B-fast medical emergency teams and a score of logistic experts.

Little help from a little country, hope it helps at least a bit.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Good post Cat

I am warmed and humbled by the generosity shown by other countries. Some of them very poor. Take into consideration that the US has been criticized for not pledging enough money in similar events. Before I get attacked - it is factual, look up the figures. It is all relative and in comparison with how rich you are. You can't say that 20 million to the US is a lot, although it seems a lot to you and me, but you can say that 1 million to Bangladesh and 25,000 is a heck of a lot for Sri Lanka.

Regardless of the propaganda you may have read, the US is not always very generous with its foreign aid. This is from the Washington Post

Among the world's two dozen wealthiest countries, the United States often is among the lowest in donors per capita for official development assistance worldwide, even though the totals are larger. According to the Paris-based Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development of 30 wealthy nations, the United States gives the least -- at 0.14 percent of its gross national product, compared with Norway, which gives the most at 0.92 percent

I am including this because it makes it all the more relevant when poorer countries donate freely and without having their arms tied behind their backs.

It really is a great thing and maybe we can learn by example and humility.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
SLOVENIA - 250 beds, 780 blankets, 2000 First Aid Kits, water pumps, tech personel and support etc... (the list is not jet complete)

UN - team of experts for coordination of relieve effort
Red Cross and Red Crescent - sending 80 experts from 10 countries, to help in supply in damaged areas
Cor unum - humanitarian organization in Vatican offered help
Baptist World Aid - sends Support for Hurrican Katrina Relief

etc...

[edit on 6-9-2005 by yanchek]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
nice thread

I missed my country in your list tho ,:

BELGIUM send 3 B-fast medical emergency teams and a score of logistic experts.

Little help from a little country, hope it helps at least a bit.

B-Fast teams are composed of 10 medical experts if anyone is wondering, so thats 30 heads.

The Logistics experts, as I explained in another thread, are said to be 650 Genie Troops, aka Logistics Support Troops that will be accompanied (if needed and approved) by combat troops for protection.

Anyways, could someone help me find and verify what North Korea offered?

Yes, eventhough the US has been giving North Korea and Iran a whole lot of crap lately, even they are sending help.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Bitter US foes Iran and North Korea – which Washington pressured over their respective nuclear programs – offered to help rescue efforts, and Syria - another long-time opponent – was among numerous Middle Eastern states offering condolences.

Source

and, in a gesture rarely possible, North Korea’s Red Cross sent a message of sympathy.

Source

Look, Syria too.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

It's the stupid, brain dead, cowboy Monkey you have in the Oval Office that pisses me off!

well, at the least even the brain dead monkey, knows how to keep his pants zipped, and he didnt sell military info to China either, and I could go on forever, but theres no need, The "pop culture" has a new fashion called "Bush Hating", and if you dont join in you're not "HOT"... and Hell we all need to be "HOT", right ?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

The "pop culture" has a new fashion called "Bush Hating", and if you dont join in you're not "HOT"... and Hell we all need to be "HOT", right ?

I think it is unfair (and incorrect) to say 'new fashion'. It has been five years for some of us thank you very much.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Might I remind you guys to reread Springers thread from last week concerning political bashing in threads unrelated to US politics and outside of PTS Slugfest?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Back on topic people.

This is about International Aid offers and efforts.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Doesn't this really show though that when ships are down we are still human, before and above all else.

Humanity will survive, it is just going to be a bumping ride getting rid of the malcontents.

Many blessings to all that do hunger and thrist. They will be rewarded.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It's to goddamn bad that Bush's retarded a$$ turned alot of the countries down. I couldnt believe that, he turned down Castro's 1100 doctors. Hell, Cuba deals with more tropical storms and hurricaines than we will ever see.

BUSH SUCKS A FAT $%#& AND THE US GOV IS THE BIGGEST %(*^*%^(&*%(&%^(*&%*%^(&*^)*^%*&%*&^*(%*&(^%*&%)*&%*^*&^%*(^(*%(**&(^*

Sorry, I hate the US gov.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

NIGERIA: has pledged $1 million to hurricane disaster relief, government officials told CNN. "Nigeria will be happy to pledge $1 million to the hurricane disaster fund in the spirit of brotherhood," Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala said.

They're sending out the solicitations by e-mail right now!

(sorry, couldn't help myself)

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Howard

I wanted to hate your post. I really did. But I'm ashamed to report it actually made me giggle. I must be cracking from an overdose of media.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kamikazi
It's to goddamn bad that Bush's retarded a$$ turned alot of the countries down. I couldnt believe that, he turned down Castro's 1100 doctors. Hell, Cuba deals with more tropical storms and hurricaines than we will ever see.

BUSH SUCKS A FAT $%#& AND THE US GOV IS THE BIGGEST %(*^*%^(&*%(&%^(*&%*%^(&*^)*^%*&%*&^*(%*&(^%*&%)*&%*^*&^%*(^(*%(**&(^*

Sorry, I hate the US gov.

I think it's called recognizing the countries that care. They don't have much and the Bush knows it. Thank you, but no thanks, you keep your $25,000, you need it more. It's all about good relations, not about Bush sucking fat "$%#&" or anyone having a "retarded a$$".

Sorry to see that you're filled with so much hatred for the US Government. No one has a gun in your back, you could always take a vacation to another country and come back whenever you please. If you decide not to come back to the land of retarded a$$e$ where the President sucks on fat "$%#&", no one will come and force you back into this hellish prison.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
New Zealand have said they will send their politician Winston Peters, an expert in racial issues to calm the racial divide there.

ROTFL, DANG thats funny netchicken....i love it!

Great post. What saddens me, is that this kind of worldwide caring and support can't be the same every day of every year, then the world would be a much more beautiful place.

God bless all those who have/are suffering, everywhere in the world.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Thank you world! If I could hug you all I would.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
ok, 1. Austrailia isnt a part of Asia,
2. of course china and india are gonna help, without us, they wouldnt be where they are today
(bush outsourcing joke)

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paladin327
ok, 1. Austrailia isnt a part of Asia,

So I should have listed it as Australasia and included Aus and NZ there alone? Because yeah, that would have really made the list more comprehensive...

2. of course china and india are gonna help, without us, they wouldnt be where they are today
(bush outsourcing joke)

Thanks for the very insightful post about sweet bugger all -- your contribution to ATS is overwhelming. If you must type on this forum, at least engage your brain beforehand.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join