It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did The US Government Cause the Levvy to Break ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I just don't understand how after Katrina passed into the midwest, and the sun was out... everything was ok. There was no flooding in New Orleans.

Then the next day i turn on the news and New Orleans is underwater.

I don't understand... the levvy worked during the Huricane... then after it was gone the system failed? That doesn't make any sense.

Louisianna is a Blue State with mostly poor black families who didn't vote for Bush. If relief efforts would have worked the way they werre supposed to The Republican Party would be that much closer to achieving a 1 party America.

But thats not the way things turned out.

Those that stayed have been imprisoned in the Super Dome and the Convention Center. 60,000 troops are now on American Soil with Shoot to Kill Orders. 10,000+ Dead in the Aftermath of Katrina. Thats 10,000 less Democrats for 2008 elections.

RedCross was ready to come to the rescue with food and water ... but FEMA told them No Thanks. Hugo Chavez offered Food, Water, and Cheap Oil... and Bush said No Thanks.

If the population of LA was mostly White and mostly Bush Supporters, I know that this aftermath would Never have happened. These People were largly ignored and died because of it. Now those that are left are trying to survive while Soldiers roam the streets looking for looters.

And Haliburton... VP Dick Cheney's favorite company gets to come in and Rebuild an entire American City at an incredible cost to the American Taxpayer...and incredible profits for that company.

Something doesn't smell right.

Add to that this is the first President to ever violate the law of Posse Comitatus, and put armed military in charge of local law enforcement.

What is happening?

Is this part of the nWo's endgame?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I knew this was coming at some point.....didnt you know that it was Bush at Cheney's command that ORDERED God to cause a hurricane to hit New Orleans.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Yes, they did cause them to break...

By not funding an engineering endevour that could have prevented all this.

As to why the Levies broke after the storm had passed, I don't know the techinical details of the failure, but it's what happens after a major event that usually causes the most damage.

When the storm hit, it no doubt caused a weakening of the structures... then there's a whole lot of turbulace generated after it's passed. That turbulance puts continual stress on an already weakened structure. Any engineer can tell you that this is the best way to cause structual failure in anything.

No need to go looking for plots.
The answer to what happened is simply that nothing was done about a problem that has been well known for years.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i do think your story does sound convincing but im not sure Geoge W Bush is capable of Genocide(?)

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I knew this was coming at some point.....didnt you know that it was Bush at Cheney's command that ORDERED God to cause a hurricane to hit New Orleans.

The Huricane never hit New Orleans.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
funny_pom

My friend was talking to me after 9/11 about some type of Population Control thing.. I didnt think that is what happened on 9/11. But from what I see he is right in another sort. I would consider this a serious type of Population Control on a mass scale. Now they are trying to cover it up by making people look stupid. In reality is BS..

Let me ask you something real fast......

If you were President watching CNN, ABC, or whatever or on the net and you saw all these people stuck in this area knowing it was flooded 80% of the town.

Would you???

A) Get off you ass and actually act like a Prested that was actually elected into office and do something to speed up this process?

B) Sit there as some type of dinner or convention or whatever tf he was doing and ignore the whole situation??

or

C) Make this a perfect oppertunity to get rid of some of the Garbage That is around?

And no I am not a racist, so dont start your a racist moron crap. I am seeing things as they are called.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
Louisianna is a Blue State with mostly poor black families who didn't vote for Bush. If relief efforts would have worked the way they werre supposed to The Republican Party would be that much closer to achieving a 1 party America.

Look at this map:

I don't see any blue filling Louisiana...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The Huricane never hit New Orleans.

Really? Lets see how true that is. (you can click to enlarge most of these satellite images)

Hurricane Katrina in the Gulf of Mexico

2005/241 - 08/29 at 19 :15 UTC
Hurricane Katrina (12L) over the Gulf Coast

2005/240 - 08/28 at 17 :00 UTC
Hurricane Katrina (12L) approaching the Gulf Coast

Path of Hurricane Katrina

So, tell us again how Hurricane Katrina did not hit New Orleans?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yep! Bush sent in the National Guard to blow up the levvy to take everyones mind off of Cindy and the war in OilRaq.

Click the little black boxes to get an up close look of the damages.
Look at the acres of flattened trees. That was some storm.

ngs.woc.noaa.gov...

[edit on 5-9-2005 by Lanotom]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
For those of you not familure with the area it works like this. The levees were designed for a Cat 3 storm not 4 and 5. Had the storm hit direct it would have done in the city on first blow. What is did was pass just east of the city and pushed some of it's surge into the lakes above the city. Monday morning the pumps were running full force using the very canal to pump water out. About this time the hurricane moved further north and put strong north winds pushing water back at the city. The canals alread have a lot of headwater from the pumps. This tipping of the lake overloaded the 2 canals running over the canal walls. These walls are 12-15 tall and water cascading overthem washed the earth berms behind them allowing the walls to be pushed into the city. About the only thing that may have saved them from this situtation is if the corps had been there to tell them to shut down the pumps to relieve stress on the walls.

Sorry we can't say the Government was behind this one. We have more than enough other things to pin on them like not providing the funding to reinforce the levees and cutting taxes to the wealthy.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I just don't understand how after Katrina passed into the midwest, and the sun was out... everything was ok. There was no flooding in New Orleans.

Then the next day i turn on the news and New Orleans is underwater.

I don't understand... the levvy worked during the Huricane... then after it was gone the system failed? That doesn't make any sense.

Actually it does make sense when you consider that all that rainfall went
north after it passed New Orleans. It has all got to drain to the south.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Whether this was a natural disaster or not depends on if one believes the government has the ability to control the weather, and would turn a wheather weapon on its own citizens. That is for another discussion.

BitRaiser is correct in that Bush diverted $250 million away from SELA to use in the Iraqi war. Details can be found here.
www.editorandpublisher.com... isplay.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001051313

Even if this wasen't created by the government, there is still much suspicious activity sourrounding the events. I'm not going to try to list anything here, but will direct your attention to here:

www.dailykos.com...

This shows many of the events that happened by various new sources. It raises many good questions as to how and why things were handled the way they were. I do not believe it was to get rid of poor black people or punish the democrats, but possibly something much darker.

Could this have possibly been used as some type of test run to see how people would react in a situation like this? Are they planning for something bigger to happen in the US? If so, will they use how the people are behaving as an excuse to use excessive and unnecessary force against us?

Is this a part of the end game? It very well could be either intennitonally or unintennitionally.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
How 'bout this:
The hurricane does go over NO, the levvy actually holds up, so they blow it and blame it on the hurricane.

Who will think otherwise? Who will investigate? Nobody will ...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
How 'bout this:
The hurricane does go over NO, the levvy actually holds up, so they blow it and blame it on the hurricane.

Who will think otherwise? Who will investigate? Nobody will ...

Thats exactly what I think happened.

The only thing I am having a problem with is, WHY? did they do this?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Has anyone actually researched how the levees are built? They're cement built on CLAY bases. The storm surge going over the top of the levee slowly eroded the clay beneath the cement, until it finally collapsed. Plain and simple explanation. As has been stated many times, the levees were NOT BUILT to withstand a Cat 5 hurricane, which DID hit New Orleans. The reason that they took time to break was because it took awhile for the water to cause enough erosion for the collapse.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
LOL! I KNEW after Bush CRUSHED Kerry in the elections that the next natural disaster would be blamed on Bush. You people are SO predictable!

Truth be told; many moons ago engineers were signed up to build levys in New Orleans. The engineers suggested in building a levy that could withstand a category 5 hurricane. BUT the STATE, NOT the Presidency was "CHEAP" and ONLY wanted to pay for one that would withstand a category 3 hurricane. The Hurricane damaged the levy and later the water built pressure and broke it. It's called faulty engineering, followed by the science of mass + pressure + gravity.

BTW, when you call me a "NEO-CON", it's not a slam. It actually sounds cool.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
from what i heard last of the size of the storm it was downgraded to a cat 3. So should we just blame it on the FOX weather man?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Just a quick thought...
After 9-11 a google.com search for WTC and Squibs hit well over 10,000 websites, today that number is 708. In other words if there was some kind of intentional damage to the levee system, we need to examine that information as quickly as we can get it. Before you laugh this off as conspiracy nuts looking for anything to worry about, look around and let's see if we can't examine why indeed the Levee system failed.
I for one wouldn't put it past the bastards, but that's an opinion. The levee failure is fact and as of yet, IMO has yet to be explained by anything but water pouring over it. Have Levees failed before like this, or is this another amazing cooincidence like steel framed buildings falling from black smoke fires. I'm not saying they did, but let's not let them spin they didn't before we know for sure this time. There was alot of lying 9-11 from people that aren't supposed to lie to us.
Get all the info you can on that levee before, like the WTC blueprints, the info vanishes.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by funny_pom
from what i heard last of the size of the storm it was downgraded to a cat 3. So should we just blame it on the FOX weather man?

It was downgraded to a Cat 4 as it came ashore.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Levees do break from too much water flowing over them.

I remember once having to depend on levees to protect me and my family from a watery grave. That was back in 97, when I lived in central California and we had massive flooding. The rivers were over flowing their banks and rushing over the levees, flooding the whole San Jouquin Valley. I remember watching the flood waters aproach, how the orchards down the road suddenly became lakes with trees sticking out of them. All of this because all the levees in the area that kept the Sacramento and tributary rivers down were failing all over the place.

Even though I suspect foul play in the case of the WTC, the NO levees system was no mystery here. Its been well known for decades that engineers and their ilk have been very worried about NO's levees and pumps. People tried to get federal money to help re-enforce and update them, and administration after adminoistration blew them off.

Ironically, a couple months ago, I was reading in the National Gepgraphic issue about global warming how NO engineers and the state of Lousiana were concerned about sea levels rising and the whole system failing, and how the feds continued to blow the issue off.

So I see no conspiracy here, just political procrastination and neglegence, and I honestly feel that all persons involved in the delay of levee repair, past and present, should be brought up on manslaughter charges, I dont care who they are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join