It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything for a reason?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I personally think that everything that happenes in this wold happens for a reason. Wheather it is good or bad. I just don't always know what those reasons are. I know someone who, after three years of fertilitytreatment, got pregnant with triplets. One of those babies died before birth. She has a boy and a girl still living. Her daughter is fine. Her son on the other hand has a disorder called Sensory Integration Dysfunction (SI or DSI) [ www.sinetwork.org... ]. She feels helpless when it comes to her son sometimes. She is so affraid that she will not be able to handle all the stress she is having and wonders why all this is happening to her. I have three healthy children and have never asked why. I firmly believe that God will never put more on us than we can handle but I also sometimes wonder why we need to go through some of the things we do if God is so concerned about us. I would like to know how everyone feels about this.
Do you think everything happens for a reason?
Why?

[Edited on 4-9-2003 by storm]

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
A friend of mine recently gave me a great analogy about this. Its like looking at the reverse side of a work of tapestry and seeing only all the knots and threads that don't seem to fit anywhere, and on the other side is God's plan, the perfect "big picture" which of course makes more sense but it isn't necessarily apparent to me.

Most times I think I'm seeing the reverse side, especially when things aren't how I want them to be. I don't know why I believe this but it seems to make sense to me.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
that is a great analogy and thank you for your input.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
i understand where you are coming from... but i get angry at that fact that people i know suffer incredibly... because another being says so...

i find it very hard to accept...

i think it is most probably random chaos..

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
of course everything happens fer a reason theres no point in having anything happen if there is no reason isn't it common sense that # happens fer reasons? lmao

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
so you think people are hurt for a reason... and that makes it ok...??

so when planes crashed into the twin towers it happened for a reason so its ok??

nobody has to worry because... 3000 people all died for something...

i find that hard to accept...

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
im not saying i dont think its possible... i just dont belive it ... because i find it hard to accept

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I believe if she couldn't get pregnant naturally then there is a reason why she shouldn't have any kids.

Instead she pushed her luck by going thru 3 years of fertility treatments to get what she wanted. When you do this even though the signs clearly warranted against it, you have to live with the consequences whether bad or good.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
I believe if she couldn't get pregnant naturally then there is a reason why she shouldn't have any kids.

Instead she pushed her luck by going thru 3 years of fertility treatments to get what she wanted. When you do this even though the signs clearly warranted against it, you have to live with the consequences whether bad or good.

actually if everything is for a reason she was supose to get pregnant just not on her own and you missed the point of the thread I was just using that story to get my point across

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I was simply stating my opinion.

What is considered "suppose to happen" is always a consequence of the choice a person makes.

People have the free will to choose to either pay attention to the hints they are given or choose not to.
They are also given for a reason.

If you're really in tune with yourself & your surroundings, much suffering can be avoided.

I have a strong metaphysical point of view that some people find hard to accept. That's not my problem.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I know someone who, after three years of fertilitytreatment, got pregnant with triplets. One of those babies died before birth. She has a boy and a girl still living. Her daughter is fine. Her son on the other hand has a disorder called Sensory Integration Dysfunction (SI or DSI)

Nobody's out to get her... Fertility treatments can often result in multiple births. The human body isn't built for it, so often, there are birth defects/problems in the fetuses.... This isn't divine punishment, it's simple cause and effect....

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
heres an anology i gave my girlfriend last night..
its like we are in an airplane from lax to laguardia..
and you can choose to ride first class or be a passenger or move seats but the destination is the same.

oui

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by storm

I firmly believe that God will never put more on us than we can handle but I also sometimes wonder why we need to go through some of the things we do if God is so concerned about us. I would like to know how everyone feels about this.
Do you think everything happens for a reason?
Why?

Our views will probly differ... I see it allready, but, things do happen for a reason. The reason; Karma. This is what I believe though, you may feel otherwise.

top topics

join