Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Women want a Lion, not a Mouse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is a scientific fact: Women just dont like men they can step over.

Like it or not boys, girls do not like mice.

A real lion is what they are after. A mouse is just not good enough.

I guess in the movie What Women Want, Mel Gibson did not answer the question.

If you look around you will see that most guys out there might look like lions, but girls know that these men are just pussy cats. They are sheeps in wolves clothing.

No girl likes a mouse. She needs a roaring beast.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
RAWR!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well, as you're obviously not a woman, I can only advise:

Try asking us, next time, what we want, instead of makin' those good ol' assumptions?

Oh. Yeah. The bit about "scientific fact"? Complete horsepiddle.

Sorry and all that

[edit on 5-9-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Just get a six-figure income and you'll have more women than you know what to do with, whether you're a lion, a mouse, or the Elephant Man.

They may not have great personalities, but at least they'll be around.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Real women appreciate the only organ that's really important...

The brain.

Trust me. *coughwasmarriedtorichguyoncecough*

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Girls might want a lion, but women want a gentle man. Real men eat quiche.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
That may well be true, but in that case I have met (in person) all of four or five 'real women' in my lifetime.

Most of the rest have been fakes, elaborate constructs of makeup and personality disorders configured in such a manner as to attract a man with a fat wallet and good pectoral muscles. Rare is the more genuine lady with an interest in immaterial phenomena; they are every bit as hard to find as men who aren't boorish sex-starved troglodytes.

-Edit: that was directed to Tinkleflower, rather than Benevolent Heretic.

And what's up with all the fleur de lis all of a sudden? That has to be the sixth I've seen today.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
Rare is the more genuine lady with an interest in immaterial phenomena; they are every bit as hard to find as men who aren't boorish sex-starved troglodytes.

-Edit: that was directed to Tinkleflower, rather than Benevolent Heretic.

I hope you don't mind if I answer. They are indeed rare, but oh, when a real woman and a gentle man find each other! It's a lifetime of falling in love every day! Trust me. I know.

And what's up with all the fleur de lis all of a sudden? That has to be the sixth I've seen today.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
. Rare is the more genuine lady with an interest in immaterial phenomena; they are every bit as hard to find as men who aren't boorish sex-starved troglodytes.

Sigh. We do exist. I promise you

(And I rest assured that non boorish sex-starved troglodyte men exist, too. I'm just not sure where to find one locally...)

(the fleur de lis is in support of the victims of Katrina; it's the symbol of the New Orleans Saints, for one thing. Apparently. )

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up; I guess I should have been able to figure it out on my own

At any rate, good people do exist; I'm fairly sure of that. But you have to watch out for the ones that seem great for a few years and then go crazy wacko nuts on you all of a sudden... I just got done with one of those last week; if I seem bitter, that might have something to do with it

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I dont spend alot of time asking women what they really want.

I look at them and decide for myself what they really have to offer for what they want or expect. What real intrinsic value in the marketplace do they have.

While I am sure there are women who will tell you ...point blank..most of them are worried with being to vulnurable about their real desires and expectations. Hence I dont bother with it alot.
If you are at all perceptive and awake, and mind you most men are not, you can tell what a woman wants. She will let you know on some level. It requires thinking outside the sports/sex arena. A tall order for alot of men.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Agree with your posting where you stated:

"That may well be true, but in that case I have met (in person) all of four or five 'real women' in my lifetime.

Most of the rest have been fakes, elaborate constructs of makeup and personality disorders configured in such a manner as to attract a man with a fat wallet and good pectoral muscles. Rare is the more genuine lady with an interest in immaterial phenomena; they are every bit as hard to find as men who aren't boorish sex-starved troglodytes. "

Well done. Same number here four or five.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
It's sad but true... both genders need to stop staring at their partners' chests, if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I do have to admit, I like a man that can put his foot down.. SOMETIMES...
I like equality in a relationship, but sometime's i'll admit I can be bossy.

The other thing is my husband was tearing down the fence in the backyard on the weekend and with the axe he was using, he ripped one part of the fence up with two blows.. That was probably the hottest thing i've seen in a long time... i guess those broad shoulders come in handy some days... he was definitely a lion that day in my books
i hope we tear down more fences this weekend

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
you have me chuckling to myself here!!

I understand about a man putting his foot down. I never used to bother with this much. I found out however over time that if you dont do this correctly it will cost you more down the road. However,on the other hand if you put yoru foot down you must do it correctly and for the right reasons.
Also you must be sure ..absolutely sure in your actions. This is what women appreciate and respect. The reason one must be sure is that women tend to get highly emotional in many of these debates of this type. This to them is what passes for correctness and being right. If a man is not absolutely sure many women can out talk and ceratinly out emote them. Most men are not experienced enough in this arena to survive but instead default over to a womans emotions. Many women know this many men do not. Talk about a dumb bunch of men... The men can be right and still lose to emotions. Amazing to me!!!

Yeah..many women often like men who do and perform withing a certain perspective in front of them. They do think it is hot.
One woman told me years ago..that when I do certain kinds of work my eyes take on a different view...a concentration/focus. Its like a radar lock on in a Jet fighter. You concentrate so hard and naturally you dont want to lose focus/lock on what you are doing. Intense is the word she used to describe it. She found it hot in her own way.
Men tend to perform without thinking about it or the actual value of their doing. It makes them very different from most women. Most men dont even recognize this. Amazing.
As to bossy women..I dont have a problem with them. Thats the easy part. It is the subtle woman one about which one has to be very sharp. Very difficult to detect if one is not in top form....very difficult. I've got to give them credit..they can be smooth as properly aged wine. Oooh rahhhh!! Oh yeah.. and this is not a thing I learned from men...it was a woman who clued me in. I was so dumb I didnt believe her at first. But she was correct. This woman has long since gone to rest but I remember her often and what she taught me with gratitude.
When I hear women say "where are all the real men?" They are not far off the mark.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Though I cannot (and most certainly would not presume!) to speak for all women, here's what we (read: I) want, or need, a man to be able to do:

Put. down. the. toilet. seat.

(for crying out loud YOU CAN POINT AND AIM! Why, oh why, do you so often MISS?!!)

Ok, seriously now.

Show me kindness. Show me consideration. Laugh at my (often lame) jokes from time to time. Give me a hug "just because". Or for no reason at all. And realise that if we argue, it doesn't mean we don't love each other.

Know that I'm not perfect - and know that I don't expect perfection, either. You don't need to be Superman, or Supercute, or Supercool. I don't care if you're 90 or 500 lbs. I don't care if you can build me a house from scratch, or if you'll be happiest living in a tent. I do care about what you think, what you say, and what you need.

A man who looks good with a hammer, and can build a fence is great....but a man who can be my rock, my friend and my lover will have my respect, my love and my attention for a long, long time...

(though if ALL of the above apply.... that's not necessarily a bad thing...
)

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I always find it funny when a man comes up with a big revelation what a woman wants.

Thing is, men can't know, its imposible for men to know, we think differently then a woman.

If I wana know what a girl would want me to do, I ask a woman for advice, not a guy, definatly not men that have gone trough more wimen then I've gone trough underwear, because these guys definatly don't know what wimen want.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What do you mean men cannot know what women really want ?

Ofcourse they know.

In fact, women themselves dont know what they really want.

It is men, real men, who can truly tell ladies whats best for them. Women can only guess. They are good at dreaming. They love to live in fantasy. Fuzzy, unfocued type of fantasy.

Take romance as an example. Females like romance, yet they do not know HOW to be romantic. It is up to a real LION to give them a good romantic treat, and take their breath away.

Furthermore, they are always looking for men's reactions. They seeks approvals of what they wear, eat, say, walk, and so on. "How do I look" type of inquiries are often on their mind.

[edit on 7-9-2005 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
Furthermore, they are always looking for men's reactions. They seeks approvals of what they wear, eat, say, walk, and so on. "How do I look" type of inquiries are often on their mind.

It has been my experience that most women dress to impress other women. We are the ones who worry about fashion, not men.

If you want to dress for a man, all it takes are tight pants and a low cut shirt. But to impress another woman with your outfit; now that is a true accomplishment!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
In fact, women themselves dont know what they really want.

It is men, real men, who can truly tell ladies whats best for them. Women can only guess. They are good at dreaming. They love to live in fantasy. Fuzzy, unfocued type of fantasy

You're very single, aren't you? Very, very single?

Either that, you're just meeting the wrong girls.

Maybe you need to meet women?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join