It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Vows - A Picture Speaks Volumes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I saw this picture, and I thought it spoke volumes. I wanted to show it to the folks who may not have seen it. It comes from this article.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Anyone have anything to say about this photo, and what it's saying? I'd be very interested to know what people see when they look at that.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
lol after what everyone said about "bush doenst care about back people"

he is going to see a back person at hospital and get a pciture taken.
two face *** ******* ****** **********

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
serlex: you do know that all these visits and speeches and pledging to do stuff is pure PR and politics right?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I don't know what is so special about that picture... All I see are two people with their pet chimpanzee...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
TextTextText Red I see a man who is only in that picture, and speaking to these people because it would do him good in the public eye. The way he is looking at the person speaking is in disgust. Bush dont want to be anywhere around these people, but political advisors insist on these type of gatherings to turn public opinion in a favorable way to the administration.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What a great picture!

My first thought was that Bush looks terribly uncomfortable. Terribly! His jaw is set in a very confrontational way. He appears to me to be ready for fight or flight. He looks scared to the point of defacation.

If I could write a caption, he'd be saying, "You may be a large neegro, but I'm the president... heh-heh... and I have a lot of rich people backin' me up. I'm not afraid a-you."

Edit: I'd love to hear Jon Stewart's take on this!

[edit on 5-9-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This from the linked article:

"I understand. I understand the damage. I understand the devastation, I understand the destruction, I understand how long it's going to take. And we're with you. That's what I want you to know," he said.

Reminds me of a Simpsons episode, where Homer let's Lisa down on some thing or another, and she says "I knew you wouldn't understand".

And Homer says "Hey, just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!

Only its funny when it is an animated TV show. Not so much in this instance.

BH - I think you are right. He's probably also thinking "Heh... I've got several neehgros workin' for me... heh heh"

[edit on 5-9-2005 by Open_Minded Skeptic]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
oh god give me patience.... if the man takes a picture with white poepl ... "see I told you he hates balcks "...if he takes a pciture with black people " see , hes just trying to hyde is hatred"..... go figure ...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
He should not be there, getting his useless picture taken with anybody. His mere presence is a major disruption to the rescue/recovery/rebuild process, because security requirements bring everything to a grinding halt.

He is there only to serve his public image. He does no good on the scene. He does harm.

He could have his picture taken all by his little self and I'd still say he should not be there.

You may have a point though... we should probably not poke fun at him. Too easy of a target.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
the man went to talk to victims, seriosuly everyone knows the press will follow him around, he is the President off course there will be pictures of Everything he does, im surprised they dont have pictures of him in the toilet.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The press isn't the problem. Whatever I or you or anyone may think of him, he is the President. Whenever the President goes anywhere, the security is what is often referred to as 'tight'. No air traffic. No ground traffic. Communications tightly controlled. Personal movement severly restricted.

And all this is as it should be. There are no doubt whack-heads out there that probably want to do the President harm, whoever it is.

But the side effect of all this security is that normal operations, if anything can be called 'normal' in this situation, all stop. For several hours, at least.

Personally, I think he is going there purely for PR reasons. But that is really irrelevant. Let's say his purpose is honorable. He still should not be making these repeated trips to this area at this time. His mere presence, without regard to his motives, is a major disruption. And he does not do any measureable good. Yeah, some people he talks to might feel all warm and fuzzy. And that is a Good Thing. But it is not as good as getting more people housed, fed, cleaned, etc. All of which is not happening while he is in the area. And not due to the press.

No, this is a time when the President, whosoever that person may be, should stay out of the area. Let the necessary work proceed as quickly as possible. The President can do more good from a distance than from across the room in this situation.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
No Needless Bush Bashing Please.

What's the point of this thread? What's your thoughts on the picture?instead of asking an opened ended question that just sets up this thread to become a political flamefest, perhaps a clear statement about how and why this should be a discussion should be mentioned in the starting post.

Thread Closed until author contacts me with his/her intentions and reasoning behind creating it.

top topics

join