It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's side would you be on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If the beginings of a Civil War were to rise out of the unrest on the streets of New Orleans and the War of 2005, as told by John Titor, were to begin, who's side would you be on?

I picture this war as two sides, the side fighting to keep the union intact and the side that wants a change in this country, wether it be total government reform or simply a change of power.

Who's side would you fight for?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
That all depends on who the sides are.

Were a Civil War to erupt today, who would it be between?

It's hard to argue that the political situation in the US can be accurately be descibed as having two entirely distinct camps, the two major parties represent coalitions of different interests, and there are plenty of people who don't feel too attatched to either.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
I picture this war as two sides, the side fighting to keep the union intact and the side that wants a change in this country, wether it be total government reform or simply a change of power.

Does "keep the union intact" mean to stay on the road we're on? If so, I'm on the side for change. If we keep going like we are, this thing's going to come crumbling down whether we want it to or not. There will be change. It's just a question of how much control we have over the direction of that change.

I'd be on the side of personal freedoms, protection of the people by the government, a government by and for the people and so on as laid out in the Constitution.

Can you be more specific about these 'sides'?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
On the side who wants change...

For lot's and lot's and lot's of reasons... From too much red tape, to a farce of a 'democracy' where other political parties are refused to debate the big two...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'll make my stand with whichever group meets in Vegas. Denver is too cold.

Heck, I may even get there first.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think it will be

For Bush...Against Bush

I myself am against Bush and I am for anything that gets him and his posse out of Washington.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Insufficient information.
There is no reason to go to civil war over this situation.
The war should be against the Governor of La., as Bush called and suggested making the evacuation MANDATORY a day before it was done.

The state and local governments made a mess out of this, so don't get caught up in the CBS political BS!
Do you know how hard it is for me to defend Bush, as many times as that SOB has sunk a shank in my back?

top topics

join