It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Champ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I just watched this show on Discovery about champ, and they showed this video that was the most amazing lake monster video ever! It was plain as day a large creature in the water, there was no way it was faked, and it was just incredible. I cannot believe it has never come up before, and it left my eternally skeptic wife with her mouth open. Anyone else catch this show?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
yeah i caught that one to, pretty good evidence that something exists in that lake. im waiting for them to finally figure out what it is, my guess is that it is something that just hasnt been categorised yet, a new class of animal. i dont really believe its a dinosaur that has existed all these years.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Anyone have the video maybe? Is it the video that the two fishermen taped in June? The only other video of Champ I'm aware of is the one that was on SciFi.com (it looks like they removed it after that "UFO/Twin Towers debacle")?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This was taken by a local carpenter who was driving and saw it. It is the best video I have ever seen of ANY crypto animal. It cannot be a man in a suit, and it is clear as day. Something is there.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
someone has to have a link to the video

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't know what footage you saw but everything I've seen has looked like a fish.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yeah I saw the video too
, it doesn't prove anything. You don't see any head or even body it just something in the water but it doesn't mean that its champ!
Oh and the guy who took the video has no life( in my opinion)

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I huge body in the water where only medium to small fish exist is a pretty convincing video to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
if you believe me:

i go to lake george every year during the summer...

one summer, we went to visit lake champlain (because it is right next to lake george), and we went on a ferry boat that goes accross the lake and back, (and it's connected to two ropes that are underwater) and i saw "champ" under the ferry!!!

it was huge and i was scared

of course, i could have seen something else that looked like a giant monster, but who knows...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Well the rest of us still haven't seen the video... Still no-one with a link?

Anyhows from the descriptions above, it sorta reminded me of that Turkish Lake Van Monster video... There's really something there... But again it could be anything... In the end no-one came to any conclusion?

CNN Article with Video of the Lake Monster

This is something really interesting a guy called Jordan P Niednagel said...

Shark or no shark, pterodactyl or no pterodactyl, Nessie or no Nessie, sea snake or no sea snake . . . it all boils down to one realization that we all cryptozoology lovers must come to. Photographs are futile. No matter how clear, how close, or how real one may possibly seem, folks will still doubt, and nothing is proven, and thus nothing is accomplish. Tangible evidence is all that matters.

Video footage. What about video footage? In short, it's tough to say. Video editing is quickly becoming as easy as photographic editing. In truth, if someone were to videotape an animal in broad daylight and up-close using a home camera, with the creature moving about in a clear, natural way . . . perhaps. Such has been done, however, of a lake monster in Lake Van, Turkey, and the video footage can be found here. Nothing was proven, and nothing was authenticated, and so it must be said that, sadly, even video footage is altogether futile.

And so the search continues for new and unidentified creatures. Toss the cameras aside and friend, grab the harpoon or cage, cause it's the only way this world full of skeptics will ever come to believe.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
To me, the last angle in that video looked like the head of a hippo.

Just my personal assessment.

I'm always slightly suspicious of these things, to be perfectly honest, because I find it hard to believe that things could exist for so many hundreds of years, that are THAT BIG, and yet no one has a shred of concrete evidence.

It just doesn't add up for me.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
@Djarums... I do agree with you that the skin-tones are similar to a hippo's, but that's where the similarities end.

Again, there aren't any hippos in Turkey.
The "swimming style" is nothing like a hippo's.
And the head above the water doesn't look much like a Hippo's "head above water"...

The Turkey Monster (Couldn't find a bigger image - looks like CNN.com got copyrights?):

Hippos swimming with their heads above water:

The typical Hippo peeping from the water pic: (Sorry, I know it's a bit big, but bigger is better right?)

***Edit: Direct linking is not allowed, so you'll have to copy and paste this URL into your browser address: www.matuschek.net...

***Edit 2: $&*%! That one won't work...

Let's try this one:

I do agree with you Djarums that they can be confused, but there are enough differences (and other reasons) to confirm that it isn't a Hippo. Maybe it was a Hippo hybrid?

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Anyone else see a squid. I do.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Gemwolf, would you please start a new topic with the Lake Van sea monster. I think this is worth its own thread. It has peaked my intrest!

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GameSetMatch
Gemwolf, would you please start a new topic with the Lake Van sea monster. I think this is worth its own thread. It has peaked my intrest!

Actually there is a thread about it here... Although it's quite old (11/9/2003 - Exactly 2 years!!! That's freaky!) ...
But you're right, we accidentally hi-jacked this thread... Doesn't look like we're going to get to see this video of Champ mxboy15u referred to
... Damn.

We could revive the old Van Lake post or start a new thread...? (Which one would the Mods prefer?!) Interesting enough back then they touched the Hippo theory, but then everyone sorta decided it was a squid (well, for a while, anyway) ...

EDIT: I started a new thread here

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I saw the show on TLC/Discovery and thought it was pretty impressive. The fact it was moving, in & out of water, swimming towards a know sized object & showed great mass under the water is pretty good. The lake is not known to harbor anything much larger then 3 feet, so it is worth a serious look.

I am trying to find a copy of it, but no luck yet. I'll post a link if I find it.

Jake

BTW- That other video looks like a hippo or alligator type thing lurking to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the show you talked about earlier in the thread but it was on last night.

"America's Loch Ness Monster"

www.exn.ca...

I found it very interesting and the video/photographic evidence believable.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I saw the Discovery Channel expose' on Champ. The evidence was pretty compelling. There seems to be a lot more evidence for Champ, than for Nessy. More sightings!

I've been on Lake Champlain several times. I've taken the ferry from Plattsburgh to Vermont at least 5 or 6 times. I was fishing for northern pike (sp) ( much bigger than any medium sized fish, mind you), at 4 o'clock in the morning. And, some friends and I took a car onto the lake during winter while the lake was frozen over.

I lived in Plattsburgh from 1975 to 1978. The best picture of Champ was taken in 1977. What a trip to find out about that. The three years that I lived in Plattsburgh, I never heard anything about Champ. Then, just the other day, I find out that I was just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the lake when that infamous picture was taken.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I lost all interest in Nessie after the Surgeon photo ws proven a Hoax. That was in my eyes the best evidence for Nessie.

I have seen some interesting photos of Champ, though I havent seen this video in question.

This is one of the better ones
pic
Photo experts and even Kodak I believe have said the film has not been modified. There was something real there and living creature a Model whatever they couldn't say what it was.

So I think there could be something out there. I cant really buy the whole dinosaur that managed to escape extinction thing thats just too unlikely in my opinion. Perhaps a form of yet undiscovered eel or just some freak mutant one. Heck they have some giant salamanders in Japan that can reach 5ft in length so why not.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

dunno to me it looks kind of like a flipper from a whale or something..

or maybe one could see a head too, but i tend do lean against flipper with this photo..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join