It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accusations of "Stage Setting" in Relief Efforts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Part of the disjunction between what is seen to be happening on camera and what is obviously NOT happening may be caused by efforts to stage-set the scenes for messages by various government officials. U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu (Democrat Senator who represents Louisiana in the Senate) issued a statement on September 3rd, saying that events are being staged to manipulate public perceptions of disaster relief.

“But perhaps the greatest disappointment stands at the breached 17th Street levee. Touring this critical site yesterday with the President, I saw what I believed to be a real and significant effort to get a handle on a major cause of this catastrophe. Flying over this critical spot again this morning, less than 24 hours later, it became apparent that yesterday we witnessed a hastily prepared stage set for a Presidential photo opportunity; and the desperately needed resources we saw were this morning reduced to a single, lonely piece of equipment.

www.fromtheroots.org...

She's not just a snarky woman who doesn't like Bush. Other independent news sources have noticed (and reported on) the same thing (note: this is in German, and ZDF is a very reputable news source. You might want to run it through a translator program like google or babelfish if you don't speak German):
www.zdf.de...

An English commentary on that story:
www.warandpiece.com...

Karl Rove appears to be in the thick of the damage control:
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The German report is being discussed in this thread.

It was odd that aid didn't arrive until day 5 when Bush arrived on the scene no? Where's Cheney BTW?

It appears that the administration's propaganda machine is into full damage control.

How many people will fall victim to it this time?

I hope not too many.

[edit on 9/5/2005 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Every Government does. It is what they do...

I thought we all knew this?

The Hurricane happened at just the right moment as well, Supreme Court vacancy [two in fact]. War in Iraq, etc...all gone from the headlines.

Remember the crazy lady outside his house? Not mentioned in about a week now.

Smoke-screen...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If he didn't go, he'd be accused of being uncaring -- after he went he's accused of staging and photo-ops.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't... :shk:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
If he didn't go, he'd be accused of being uncaring -- after he went he's accused of staging and photo-ops.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't... :shk:

Uhhh, did you completely miss the point of this article?

Touring this critical site yesterday with the President, I saw what I believed to be a real and significant effort to get a handle on a major cause of this catastrophe. Flying over this critical spot again this morning, less than 24 hours later, it became apparent that yesterday we witnessed a hastily prepared stage set for a Presidential photo opportunity; and the desperately needed resources we saw were this morning reduced to a single, lonely piece of equipment.

You mean damned if you lie to make your administration look good? :shk:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu (Democrat Senator who represents Louisiana in the Senate) issued a statement on September 3rd, saying that events are being staged to manipulate public perceptions of disaster relief.

Flying over this critical spot again this morning, less than 24 hours later, it became apparent that yesterday we witnessed a hastily prepared stage set for a Presidential photo opportunity; and the desperately needed resources we saw were this morning reduced to a single, lonely piece of equipment.

It's good to know there are people elected who aren't afraid to speak out against uncooth's... Imo, any administration that would stoop so low as to take a photo op in the midst of a pooh stained city with nothing left but debris
deserves much criticism for exhibiting such unprofessionalism in a time of much needed professional help.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
"U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu (Democrat Senator who represents Louisiana in the Senate) issued a statement on September 3rd, saying that events are being staged to manipulate public perceptions of disaster relief. "

Well if this is the case, Americans now understand that they don't stand a chance in a disaster in the future. Might as well buy a gun to cut short your suffering.

Help will not arrive!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yes even the news has been discussing the settings of Mr. Bush visit to the south and the picture taken, and also today's photos.

I wonder why Mr. Bush was not taken to the NO downtown or the dome when the people were dying outside.

I will like to see him going to texas and visit over there also.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Isn't it possible the equipment is simply no longer needed in that spot? From what hear that levee has already been fixed or nearly fixed....

df1

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It seems that some folks want to push this story off of the front page. This surely important enough that it deserves a bump back up to the top.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
It seems that some folks want to push this story off of the front page. This surely important enough that it deserves a bump back up to the top.

you'll have to convince me why... it should be top drawer stuff !

its SOP and expected that staged scenes are made so the President
will not be placed in difficult to manage situations.
the staged scenes are intended to be accurate representations of
activities which are actually taking place in the larger theatre of operations.

In the staged enactments the participants are under the watchful eye of a defensive team of protectors, the situation is essentially a controlled drama, with the SecretService affording protection to both the army of dignitaries, including the President of course, but also to the 'suffering' & 'disparaged' participitants in the drama as well!
- Then, (after the photo-op) Everyone goes back to their pre-existing life conditions, having gained some measure of reward in return.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If this, generally acknowledged charade was not performed,
and the Commander-in-Chief went into an actual rowdy crowd of
'dregs' & 'riff-raff'...well.....we have a scenario like the movie
"Escape From New York", and to my knowledge there isn't a real
and physical personna like the Snake Plissken character to
extricate our commander-in-chief from the clutches of criminal-terrorists

^^^^^^^^^^^

i read the German "Spiegel" in english version
service.spiegel.de...

this reply was also intended to say that in some other conspiracy theory type sites, it was submitted that the Presidents' body double was most
likely the person on the scene at those 'staged settings'...there were reports that either the Pres. is reacting from meds., or having his alcoholic
demons resurface, or the person in front of the cameras was not GW Bush.

df1

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

This is one of the most absurd notions that I have ever seen presented on ATS. It is little wonder that the U.S. is going to hell in a handcart if anyone actually believes treating the President's personal appearances in the area of katrina's devastation like an episode of "West Wing" is appropriate. If that is the case we need to start selecting our politicians by a casting call rather than an election.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Isn't it possible the equipment is simply no longer needed in that spot? From what hear that levee has already been fixed or nearly fixed....

Well, the equipment and photo-op with Bush took place Friday, September 2nd, and the 17th Street Canal Levee was fixed today, Monday, September 5th. So, there ya go.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Originally posted by St Udio

This is one of the most absurd notions that I have ever seen presented on ATS. It is little wonder that the U.S. is going to hell in a handcart if anyone actually believes treating the President's personal appearances in the area of katrina's devastation like an episode of "West Wing" is appropriate. If that is the case we need to start selecting our politicians by a casting call rather than an election.

What's so unbelievable about it? Politicians like to look good. Some will go to extreme lengths to do so. Just remember this when you hear a politician talking "They are most likely lying" and "They only do stuff that benefits themselves in the end."

All Levels of Government should be held liable in the debacle. The mayor made some costly mistakes and has contradicted himself a few times now, the Gov is an idiot, FEMA is in spin control and DHS is just inept.

Heads should roll. I don't remember a US president so beset by scandel and intruige. It was never this bad under Clinton.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Emporer Bush has made his appearance after the spectacle of Katrina and the carnage had it's day. It was said earlier that , 'he fiddled while NO burned,' but after such a gracious performance by the emporer his subjects gather to fawn before his persona and figuratively kiss his ring.

All is well in the American Empire tonight

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I wonder why Mr. Bush was not taken to the NO downtown or the dome when the people were dying outside.

And you think any other president would have had pictures taken of him close to dead people?...... Please....

Pictures and video was taking of him talking to Americans that had been in the ordeal.

BTW, since you are all complaining that the administration is trying to "sugar coat" what the hurricane has done, why is it that most of the media have not been reporting on how and why have been so many dead after the hurricane, and many of them have bullet wounds?....

I guess the media doesn't want to announce to other Americans that American criminals and American thugs are killing other Americans in NO....
The media trying to sugar coat what has been hapening in NO?...... Naaaa.......

[edit on 6-9-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I remember President Bush standing on the deck of a ship, dressed in a jet pilot costume with a banner behind him saying "Mission Accomplished"

Such blatant pandering soured all of his subsequent photo ops for me.

I don't know who arranges his photo ops, but they should be sacked, because they reek of contrivince.

The American audience is so media savy, they can spot manulipation in a heartbeat reguardless of who does it.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
this "stage setting" thing is TRUE as sad as it sounds every1 watching the news is being LIED too except for the few LIVE pictures coming from the copters usally saying the same thing basicly "ohh these poor people" sigh ...times like this it makes you sick to your stomach to live in this country..Canada sounds nice

df1

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
And you think any other president would have had pictures taken of him close to dead people?...

The issue is that the president is a phoney and staged his appearances with props, not that he avoided certain areas. And everytime he pulls one of these hollywood stunts in an area all relief efforts stop because the president is in that area. The president is doing cameo appearances while people die. What a pathetic strawman you try to build, you have no more credability than the president.

BTW, since you are all complaining that the administration is trying to "sugar coat" what the hurricane has done,

Once again you distort the complaint. It has NEVER been about his "sugar coating" the hurricane damage, it has been about misrepresenting what he has done for the people of devastated areas after the hurricane. And his appointing a director of FEMA who's previous experience is running a stable. The delivery of federal relief has been a large turd and the president is spraying it with whipped cream and putting a cherry on top telling us he made them an ice cream sundae.

why is it that most of the media have not been reporting on how and why have been so many dead after the hurricane, and many of them have bullet wounds?

The media doesnt tell the truth. Don't you frequent ATS for that very reason?

I must assume that you have returned after your long silence because karl rove has finally sent you your script to parrot back on the message boards. This must be true as no one can possibly believe the words you type.

Tell me how much does a political shill get paid?

top topics

join