It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Disaster Photo Op?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ok ... isn't there a site called PTS that manages these sort of topics? Come on people, get real ... this has turned out to be another political debate
This is why PTS was created, wasn't it?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
And FYI I dont like Bush, Hes a bad CINC, hes a bad leader, and hes bad at pretty much everything, But things could be worse, he could be a Democrat.

A sad commentary on your political situation. Just remember, YOU SAID IT, you'ld rather have a bad president than a Democrat.

:shk:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
A sad commentary on your political situation. Just remember, YOU SAID IT, you'ld rather have a bad president than a Democrat.

:shk:

Of course if you read my posts in other threads youd know why hes a bad pressdent in my eyes.

My definition of Bad CINC, Bad Leader is much different then yours.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by C0le]

df1

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Defend bush how? Because i say you people will bash him over Anything?

First I will point out that I am not a "you people" or a democrat.

And if he didnt go, this thread would be titled, Where is bush? and you same ppl would be here bashing him for not being there,

So basicly nothing he does will make you happy and everything he does will give you something to complain about.

You sure fooled me. If your above post is not a defense of Bush, I dont know what is. I can't imagine what you would of said if you liked the guy.

It has been said that the measure of a man comes out in times of crisis. In Bush's case it has become obvious that we will be measuring in millimeters.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

And if he didnt go, this thread would be titled, Where is bush? and you same ppl would be here bashing him for not being there,

So basicly nothing he does will make you happy and everything he does will give you something to complain about.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by C0le]

In sense you are like Bush, all show no hart.

It comes down to that, he doesnt care, only thing he cares about is making a good impression before the cameras.
The world can do without people like that.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The fact remains you bush haters will find anything and everythign to bash him and his administration with, it has been proven time and time again.

Hey here's a novel thought, that's probably because Bush constantly screws up??!!

Explain why it's a good thing for Bush to pose for photo ops that portray a situation that isn't true and which hamper relief effots? If you can justify this thread then you can then say people are 'bashing Bush', but until then, it's not 'bashing' it's 'chronicling'.

If you have a problem with that then demand better from Bush and you'll hear less negative things about him, stop shooting the messengers.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I didn't really mean for this thread to turn so sharply political, but perhaps its time to consider some politcal ramifications of FEMA blowing half a billion dollars a day to take four days to respond, then responding only by coordinating the resources of OTHER organizations for god knows how long. It isn't about they showed up with this and that, it's about them showing up, and taking over the situation (see the last line of my signature :flame
. With every other major disaster prior to this tragedy, the private sector and organizations like the red cross have had the experience and the means to step in and assist, but FEMA was literally turning buses and food away as people died for four days. Half a billion dollars a day folks, where did it all go?
Hell for that kind of money you could buy 3,000,000,000 packs of Oodles of Noodles a Day and put em up somewhere for just such an occasion. Jesus Christ, Does NASA spend that much a day? At least they have a couple space shuttles and some cool uniforms to show for it. All FEMA does is Coordinate other peoples already funded and paid for stuff??
No politics to it folks, this is a good example of where your money goes, and what you might get back out ot it someday.
But anyway, back tot he topic, some harsh and relevant words from Senator Mary Landrieu of LA...
So it looks like it is true. I initially gave this story some benefit of a doubt, that surely with all the media attention surrounding the President's visits to the area that creating a photo op complete with props and working Joes that vanish when the motorcade pulls out is just too far out to be true. But I dont think that Mary Landrieu, a US senator is just going to make this up...

rawstory.com...
"Yesterday, I was hoping President Bush would come away from his tour of the regional devastation triggered by Hurricane Katrina with a new understanding for the magnitude of the suffering and for the abject failures of the current Federal Emergency Management Agency. 24 hours later, the President has yet to answer my call for a cabinet-level official to lead our efforts. Meanwhile, FEMA, now a shell of what it once was, continues to be overwhelmed by the task at hand.
But perhaps the greatest disappointment stands at the breached 17th Street levee. Touring this critical site yesterday with the President, I saw what I believed to be a real and significant effort to get a handle on a major cause of this catastrophe. Flying over this critical spot again this morning, less than 24 hours later, it became apparent that yesterday we witnessed a hastily prepared stage set for a Presidential photo opportunity; and the desperately needed resources we saw were this morning reduced to a single, lonely piece of equipment."
-Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA)

[edit on 5-9-2005 by twitchy]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This figures.... NO MATTER what Bush did/does when, where or how the leftists will criticize it. Don't you people realize that because of this reckless behavior is why Democrats consistantly lose elections all the time?

At any time, i welcome you to come back to the reality field.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I take it you are a right winger? Great, maybe you can provide us some explination of the Senator's comments?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
A bit off topic maybe . . .

. . . but everytime I hear that Bush is making another trip to the South to oversee rescue operations, etc.

One thing always comes to mind:

"The devil went down to Georgia . . . . by Charlie Daniels

. . . or was it Louisiana, or maybe Mississippi?!

Can't seem to get that song out of my head?!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hope he knows enough not to hold that golden fiddle upside down.

Seriously now - there is a difference between political party bashing and knowing that your leader is seriously messed up.

The people that try to excuse this guy really baffle me. What do you think you are doing by buttering up to his shady propaganda? I'm sure you aren't doing anyone any good. Do you honestly think that this guy cares about you one iota?

He has a track record of loser qualities including lessened intellectual capabilities, questionable morals and I won't even start on his education because we are all familiar with it.

He is spoiled, ignorant, callous and a pampered ninny - and these aren't insults, they are facts. Even daddy bush would agree to them.

And yet somehow by brushing himself off a little and appearing to be something that he isn't - decent - he gets his picture snapped and people all of a sudden are shouting from the rafters, 'SEE, he cares about us!'

We non-Bush supporters cannot act too shocked. This is the behaviour of a man who has never been a true winner except through manipulation and popularity votes. We know he isn't capable of being a superman or even a decent human being much less a true leader when the country really needs one.

But according to the majority who were suckered into believing his god fearing ways when he was flying the country high after 9/11 , there are starting to appear little doubts, little cracks in his pre-fabricated goodness. He is an illusion and not even a good one at that.

This is good news for us all. Maybe people will start to wake up and realise the US is being led by a bozo.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think I've finally found a way to get that song out of my head.

G W Rides Again

I will probably get flamed for this, but . . .

So Be It?!

[edit on 6-9-2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

From What Really Happened. I just had to put this photo in this thread. It's classic.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Is bush rolling up his sleeves or checking his arm for potential heart attack problems? I can almost hear the Armageddon song playing in the background.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

To let people know what this is, alledgedly these firefighter's came all the way down from one of the northern states just to walk along side bush!

And conservative's like hannity and o'reilly are saying that the left wants to politicize this catastrophe?!

They should look in the mirror.

What's also odd is that the day bush went down there was the day fema and other help rolled in.

Was this a Bush saves the day type of thing?!

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
cole

r u for real? u know its a photo opertunity and a sick one at that, its not just about Bush its the whole governmental spin machine set to maximum to fool the american puplic that he gives a #, cmon wake up!!

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There is a "real" America, and then there's Rove's America, where firemen serve the Republican Party and their leader, not people in distress. The Republican banner flies over the Stars and Stripes.
Good article: Here

top topics

<< 1   >>

join