It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Disaster Photo Op?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Have a look at this...
www.whatreallyhappened.com...
Surely to god not?
I can say that whatreallyhappened.com is generally a reliable site and I have yet to see them report anything without the paper to back it up, this is too sick to be true though, isn't it?
Is tehre anything in the mainstream media on this so far all I found is this on CNN...
Bush hasn't gone a day without a public event devoted to the storm and its aftermath.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
'Three tons of food ready for delivery by air to refugees in St. Bernard Parish and on Algiers Point sat on the Crescent City Connection bridge Friday afternoon as air traffic was halted because of President Bush’s visit to New Orleans, officials said.'

And for a photo op? That is disgusting...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What the hell? That just shows how people are not what they seem to be. Not that it comes to a surprise for me, but it's still horribly pathetic.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I cant believe this, after all that has happened to those people, that all those desperately needed supplies were left standing just for a photo op !!

Its just so heartless !!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Bush cares way more about image than substance. And the image of "The President" making an appearance in a disaster area is still powerful to many, even given this Adminstration's miserable record.

And it is the job of the Secret Service to protect him. They don't care about anything else. This is not a comment on whether or not they SHOULD care, but the reality is, they don't. They have one job, and one job only. So of course they will ground all other flights while Bush is in the area.

Sadly, it is Bush's job to care about other things, and I don't believe he does, either. He wants the photo op, he's gonna get it. He should know better, and not go down there time after time after time, each time causing similar halts in efforts. But all he cares about is the image.

Frankly, I'm surprised the photo was not of her hurling on his shoes.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I Googled it and it looks like this is starting to hit the independent media like wild fire...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hopefully it is. So everyone can know how "President" Bush is in a really nice picture of him looking sad on the victims when in reality all he wants is more votes.

War on terror?

Him doing that is pretty "terrorific", if you ask me.

loser

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So if they set up a food distribution location for the photo-op then tore it down and ZDF saw it, did they film this taking place? And if so, where is the footage available? While I'm not a fan of photo-ops at all, Germany also likes to bash America and I wouldn't put it past them to say something like this to make Bush look worse. I'd really like to see more evidence before I believe this 100%.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
How about this eye-witness account?

LA Sen. Landrieu

"I understand that the U.S. Forest Service had water-tanker aircraft available to help douse the fires raging on our riverfront, but FEMA has yet to accept the aid. When Amtrak offered trains to evacuate significant numbers of victims -- far more efficiently than buses -- FEMA again dragged its feet. Offers of medicine, communications equipment and other desperately needed items continue to flow in, only to be ignored by the agency.

"But perhaps the greatest disappointment stands at the breached 17th Street levee. Touring this critical site yesterday with the President, I saw what I believed to be a real and significant effort to get a handle on a major cause of this catastrophe. Flying over this critical spot again this morning, less than 24 hours later, it became apparent that yesterday we witnessed a hastily prepared stage set for a Presidential photo opportunity; and the desperately needed resources we saw were this morning reduced to a single, lonely piece of equipment.

I don't place much stock in what politicos say, and have not for many years. However, this is an eye-witness account that is verifiable (or not). I don't think she'd lie about this particular item.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
And if he didnt go, this thread would be titled, Where is bush? and you same ppl would be here bashing him for not being there,

So basicly nothing he does will make you happy and everything he does will give you something to complain about.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by C0le]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
And if he didnt go, thsi thread would be titled, Where is bush? and you same ppl would be here bashing him for not being there,

So basicly nothing he does will make you happy and everything he does will give you something to complain about.

Not true, speaking strictly for myself. Staying the hell away from there is the best thing he could do right now. He contributes nothing but trouble by being there in person. He could do a lot more from Washington, DC or even Crawford, in terms of getting things moving there.

There are a few things he has done during his time in office of which I approve. Damn few, but not zero. I've given him plenty of chances to prove himself a true leader. He has blown pretty much all of the important ones.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

And if he didnt go, thsi thread would be titled, Where is bush? and you same ppl would be here bashing him for not being there,

Thats right we would be. What's wrong with that? Wouldn't you be asking where he is?

The point is not that he went or didn't go, it's HOW he goes and what he did when he went there.

Why set up fake photo-ops? Is it because no real centres were set up or maybe he didn't wan't to go to a real one? To make sure the media got a good "money shot"?

And for that matter why keep going back when every time he does relief efforts have to stop because he's in the area. Everything goes into lockdown wherever he travels.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
C0le i feel sorry for you, when did you start feeling like this? Some people have a problem with halting rescue operations in order to have your photo taken. Why do you feel that this is a just excuse for people to die? Do you really think we would complain if Bush was doing an awesome job?

When Mrs. Bush came they took over the room where the communication was being handled for the rescue operations and it was halted for 8 hours. All for another photo op, wow what a nice lady. C0le i am sure you wouldn't mind if Bush halted a rescue operation to rescue your starving family for 8 hours just so he could get some pictures taken. I mean that isn't that bad, it's only 8 hours it's not like your child would mind hey?

C0le you should try living with a conscience one day, you might actually feel like a real person. You know what the difference between you and the rest of us is? If Bush was a Democrat we would be just as damn furious as we are now. This has nothing to do with politics, it is about ignorance, neglect, poor management and lack of compassion.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
NCM your right I dont care about the people down there, My goal is to watch them all die, It makes Me sleep better at night knowing lots of fellow Americans are dieing daily, because lack of food and supplies, It gets Me off knowing they suffer so much because of my fuhrer George Bush.

Reality check.
I do happen to care about the people down there because they are Americans, I know two people who live in NO and lost EVERYTHING, Dont ever accuse me of such BS again,

The fact remains you bush haters will find anything and everythign to bash him and his administration with, it has been proven time and time again.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta_101
everyone can know how "President" Bush is in a really nice picture of
him looking sad on the victims when in reality all he wants is more votes.

Votes?? He's a lame duck president and will never be running
for office again. He has no need of any votes from a photo-op.

You people are funny. You complain because he goes .. but if he
hadn't you all would be complaining because he 'didn't care'
or was sleeping in the White House and out of touch with what
was happening.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It is painfully obvious he doesn't care. Review his actions since day one of this mess. He made no effort until the public relations began to go bad. That is what he cares about: his image. And his war.

Some folks do indeed bash this administration on anything and everything. Others do it based on actions and results. Which still amounts to nearly everything these people do.

This is the worst excuse for a President in my memory, which goes back to Kennedy.

Now, don't take the above to mean I approve of Clinton, Bush I, Reagan or any others. We have not had a good President since I have been politically aware. But out of a bad lot, Bush II is by far the worst. Based on results.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Reality check.
I do happen to care about the people down there because they are Americans, I know two people who live in NO and lost EVERYTHING, Dont ever accuse me of such BS again,

The fact remains you bush haters will find anything and everythign to bash him and his administration with, it has been proven time and time again.

Counter Reality Check:
"I do happen to care about the people down there because they are Americans..."
How about caring because they are people?
It's casual cracks like this that jade the hearts of people like me. I'm not an American. I don't give a rats ass about America. The US has been nothing but a negitive impact on my country (and the rest of the world) for the last 8 years.

HOWEVER
I care about the human tragity. I care about this because these are real people going through hell. I'm proud that our leaders put aside their issues with the US and offered aid even before Bush had done anything proper himself. Did you know that Paul Martin had a schedualed phonecall to Bush in which he was going to play hardball over the softwood dispute, but instead use it to offer aid just hours after the storm had passed? This aid could have been mobilized and on it's way in 1 hour. Bush refused the offer.

I ask you, how much does Bush care about Americans?

Yes, people are looking for excuses to slam Bush. How DARE they accuse him of things he's done?

It's bone head flag wavers like you that make the answer to "Why do they hate us?" so self evident.

df1

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Dont ever accuse me of such BS again,

Rightheous indignation is reserved for the righteous, so please stop acting like you and the President are doing anything more than peddling political propoganda. I can not believe anything you say.

Michael Brown gets a political patronage job as director of FEMA. You defend Bush.

Disaster relief is a failure by anyone's standards. You defend Bush.

Bush stages photo ops with props. You defend Bush.

General Patton would be embarassed that you use him as your avatar.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Defend bush how? Because i say you people will bash him over Anything? thats hardly defending him, thats stating a fact, Ive made no remarks that would somehow make him look good here, ive said nothing to help him out here, so how in the blue hell am i defending him? Oh I guess if Im not bashing him I must be defending him ok I get it.

And FYI I dont like Bush, Hes a bad CINC, hes a bad leader, and hes bad at pretty much everything, But things could be worse, he could be a Democrat.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by C0le]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
C0le, even your sig makes me sick.
You are a shinning example of a BAD AMERICAN.

I suggest you sign up with the Marines and go see what your Jihad is really like. Go down to NO and see why people are pissed about Bush haulting opps for 8 hours.

Go do ANYTHING other than sit infront of your keyboard spouting usless crap into this board!

Thankyou.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join