It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Begging help---!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Who could help me to recognize this picture showed?
Are there more picture you could give me ?
Could you introduce this plan to me as much as you can or give me some links about it?
external image

(mod edit to resize large image)

[edit on 5-9-2005 by pantha]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
it looks like a model to me

i have no idea what it's a model of other then the obvious : some kind of experimental or low production earlier jet aircraft

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Looks like a frame from Thunderbirds or some other old TV series.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Looks like a early-gen trainer to me.. But looks like its got rocket pods..
And unless the whole foliage ackground is a set up also, I doubt that its a model.
Also I notice that it has STOL-type side wheels on the the wings..
Is it an early french carrier trainer sort-of-thing?

And emile, you always "beg" for help..
I think the more appropriate term would be "ask"..or "request"

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It certainly IS a model, though I know not of what. Studying the picture, and hopefully giving someone enough clues to track it down, the roundels look as though they might be from any country that uses such markings but the tail marking is quite obviously Spanish. Looking at the design I would place it around 1965-1975 and it almost certainly appears to be for a basic trainer/weapons trainer/ light close support type. It might possibly be a competing design for the contract that was won by the CASA C.101, that is the most recent spanish aircraft of this type I can think of.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
except for the a-10 warthog, this is the only time i have ever seen engines mounted on the top side of the fuselage. my guess is this plane had the same purpose as the a-10, "slow" ground attack.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yea, it looks to be some sort of Slow trainer/close support aircraft.

But it really does look like a model.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
People, it is a model. That is not the point. What is it a model of? That is the question.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yeah yeah.. definitely a model, smooth finish on the fuselage, can't see the flaps.. no bolts anywhere..model it is..
and trainer it is..

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
yeah, that looks as a model... The nature looks a bit strange...

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Not only a model. I belive that is also a project which had existed.
According to that pattern on the vertical tail we could have known that was a design by Spain. But I just lack the type.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by emile]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I think this project should be showed in 80's Jane's All World of Aircraft.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Ok I don't think we need any more people to say it is a model. It looks to me like it could be some carrier type catapult launch system as trying to keep an aircraft perfectly straight down the line where the undercarriage is would be v diffucult when taking off, let alone landing.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
lets start by finding out where you found the picture.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
lets start by finding out where you found the picture.

I have to say this picture is out of a Chinese aircraft quizz.
I do think that more pictrue which isn't a quizz only, which also will cause you confusion
What's this helicopter name or type?

What's the purpose or using of this equipment on the T-33's nose?
external image

[edit on 13-9-2005 by emile]

(edit to reduce large image size)

[edit on 13-9-2005 by pantha]

[edit on 13-9-2005 by emile]

[edit on 13-9-2005 by pantha]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The helicopter looks very much like an LHX concept design, vmost likely the rival to the selected (and now scrapped) RH-66.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Drwho says:

The helicopter looks very much like an LHX concept design, vmost likely the rival to the selected (and now scrapped) RH-66.

No. I worked on the McDonnell Douglas LHX proposal in '90 and '91 as a Volume Captain; our variant didn't look like that at all. Although we did offer a NOTAR design, the shape was completely different; there was no hatch behind the pilot's compartment, and the aircraft did not have a two-blade rotor. Furthermore, the disk on top of the rotor is not a millimeter wave radar, which both the McDonnell Douglas/Bell ("Superteam") and the Boeing/Sikorsky ("First Team") designs offered.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Fair enough, you'd know.

I have seen several LHX 'concept' designs which are more art than design, rather like the ATF drawings that did the rounds before the actual designs were revealed. It seemed to have the same sort of features which is why I guessed that.

[edit on 13-9-2005 by waynos]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I believe the helicopter is a fictional design out of the movie 6th day starring Arnold Shwar....ok i can't spell his last name, but you know who i mean.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
As its a model, could it be nothing more than someone being creative making fake planes?

Does it have to be a model of anything?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join