It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Chief Exec vowed to 'Kill Google'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
A bitter feud between Microsoft and Google erupted when former Microsoft employee, Mark Lucovsky (now working for Google) claimed that Microsoft Chief Steve Ballmer hurled a chair across the room and behaved in an abuse manner when he found out Lucovsky was leaving to work for google. The feud started when Dr. Kai-Fu Lee, a former Microsoft VP was hired by Google to work in China, violating his non-compete clause.

news.bbc.co.uk
Microsoft's chief executive vowed to "kill Google" in an expletive-laden tirade against the firm, according to US court documents filed by Google.

The claim was made in a sworn statement by Mark Lucovsky, a former Microsoft employee who quit for Google in 2004.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A little light news in times of turmoil. The feud between these two giants should be interesting. There is a history of antagonism and fight for popularity between the software patriarch and upstart Google.

According to this article, a precedence has been set of talented employees leaving the established MS nest and going toward greener, younger (not to mention trendier) pastures. Microsoft has already won the first battle issuing a temporary order against Lee and prohibiting him from working for Google.

I suppose this fight is to discourage future Microsoft employees from leaving. From what I've heard, Google is the nicer company of the two and they don't throw chairs at you either.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by nikelbee]

[edit on 5-9-2005 by nikelbee]

[edit on 10-9-2005 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I don't know I know people who work at both. Google HQ is like 3 miles away from my house and neither of them have bad thing to say about thier companies. Every business big and small is going to have turnover and some people will simply want to move on no matter how lucrative thier job is.

Of the two, I would work for Google. Why? Its closer
and its Microsoft a while back. Nimble and flush with cash.

That being said, if they do go head to head, never underestimate Gates, nor a large company with a 40+ billion war chest

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Sounds like it's about time for...

Enter: MSG (Microsoogle)

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ahhh, Billys Minions trying to play Monopoly again eh? Do not pass Go-ogle, do not collect £2 billion.

top topics

join