It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Katrina Aid Pours in From Around the World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Especially from these guys.

Iran Offers US Katrina Oil Relief

"Iran has offered to send 20m barrels of crude oil to the US to help with the consequences of Hurricane Katrina. But he said this could only happen if US sanctions were lifted first. The envoy, Hosein Kazempur-Arbedili, did not clarify if he meant lifted temporarily for this aid shipment, or permanently. In practice, US sanctions may well mean Iran cannot carry through on its offer, but it is a rare gesture of good will."

and

Venezuela to Offer Oil Aid to US

"Venezuela has offered to provide 1 mln barrels of oil to the US to help it cope with supply disruptions in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina"

In this article there is an impressive list of all the countries who have offered some aid for Katrina.

Heads up Pat Robertson!

"VENEZUELA: President Hugo Chavez, a vocal critic of the United States, offered to send cheap fuel, humanitarian aid and relief workers to the disaster area."

The nations listed:
Australia, Austria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Belgium, Canada, China, Columbia, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, France, Germany, Guatemala, Greece, Guyana, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Philippines, Portugal, South Korea, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela.

...and now they can add Iran to the long list.

I think the U.S. should takes aid from Iran, it's my hope that both countries can work on their diplomacy efforts regarding each other.

[edit on 9/6/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   

MEXICO CITY - Radio talk shows and newspapers here buzzed with excitement over news that Mexico, long on the receiving end of U.S. disaster relief, was sending a hurricane aid convoy to help its larger, richer and more powerful northern neighbor.

Carrying water treatment plants, mobile kitchens and supplies to feed victims of Hurricane Katrina, the army convoy bound for Houston will be the first Mexican military unit to operate on U.S. soil since 1846.

The convoy has "a very high symbolic content," said Javier Oliva, a political scientist at Mexico's National Autonomous University. "This is a very sensitive subject, for historic and political reasons."
Me xico To Help

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

I think the U.S. should takes aid from Iran, it's my hope that both countries can work on their diplomacy efforts regarding each other.

It isn't aid if it's conditional. They want there sanctions lifted and they're willing to pay 20 million barrels. That isn't aid, it's an attempted bribe.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

* Special Israel Campus Beat News Bulletin *

Please forward to students impacted by Hurricane Katrina

High-Level Academic Study, Financial Assistance, Accelerated Admission
Available for Qualified Students

Six leading Israeli universities have expanded their well-established, overseas, English-language academic programs to accommodate thousands of students of all denominations impacted by Hurricane Katrina. Free tuition and dormitory space is available for all qualified students at
For more information please click here

top topics

<< 1   >>

join